» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Abbott
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Abbott Anonymous board for Abbott Laboratories

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Anonymous

Default Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Jan 23rd
Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

What about APOC?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Anonymous

I can not stand these kind of rumors. Lay offs can't happen in sales. There are only 83 reps left.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Anonymous

Crying Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

heard 1/2 of ADD will be gone. There ain't much at the park now.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Jan 23rd
Day of the earnings report. Last three years bad things have happened on that day...
Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Anonymous

I agree but we can't get any more lean on the sales side. Maybe molecular could but not bread and butter diagnostics. The only thing left to do now is combine all groups with one key account rep and make territories smaller. That would be great and we would stop getting phone calls because our counter parts in other groups do not call people back.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
heard 1/2 of ADD will be gone. There ain't much at the park now.
I'd like to confirm that this is just a rumor.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Anonymous

Thumbs up Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Quote:
I'd like to confirm that this is just a rumor.
Mind these numbnuts! It's just a damm rumor.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Anonymous

I am not going to show up next Wed! Let these assholes have fun without me
Old 01-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Anonymous

Any news for Vascula in temecula?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Any news for Vascula in temecula?
You Moron... almost nobody even knows, or cares, where Temecula is.....
Old 01-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Not true, you idiot! My doc told me I had a temecula on my elbow, and I should have it removed, ASAP.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Anonymous

What about Diabetes and iStat? That iStat division wastes more money than any other witbin Abbott...
Old 01-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
What about Diabetes and iStat? That iStat division wastes more money than any other witbin Abbott...
Everyone in Abbott is wasting money trying to look busy and therefore, I presume trying to look valuable. Tens of millions of dollars have been wasted on worthless travel activities over the past 5 years. Everyone travels to look like they are doing something. These are learned behaviors taught by Abbott lifers and passed down through the years. It all starts at the Top and trickles down to lower management whose behavior is tolerated out of fear for losing their job or getting PA or worse on annual reviews. Its in every division of Abbott.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Anonymous

Sick culture...and you're right, it all does start at top. And all the customers know it too...I've never seen a company hated more by customers than Abbott...
Old 01-19-2013, 08:38 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
There were almost 900 let go in that division last year you idiot. Have a heart!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Everyone in Abbott is wasting money trying to look busy and therefore, I presume trying to look valuable. Tens of millions of dollars have been wasted on worthless travel activities over the past 5 years. Everyone travels to look like they are doing something. These are learned behaviors taught by Abbott lifers and passed down through the years. It all starts at the Top and trickles down to lower management whose behavior is tolerated out of fear for losing their job or getting PA or worse on annual reviews. Its in every division of Abbott.
Tens of millions of dollars "wasted" on worthless travel?

I don't think so. I have many hundreds of thousands of airline miles on 2 different carriers... one for regional and one for global. I would hardly call that "wasted". Best thing ABT ever did was allow travelers to (finally) collect their own airline miles... it took them YEARS to do so...
I really love this company. It has been a wonderful career, with many, many opportunities to change jobs, yet keep the benefits intact. And as I look forward to a retirement at the end of this year, I am feeling pretty good that I can travel around the world multiple times on the miles that I have managed to accumulate through careful planning of my travel schedule! Did I mention upgrades?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Anonymous

Here we go again
Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Quote:
Here we go again
If we get whacked on wednesday ! We are headin out for a drink!! 9am sharp at the old saloon.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Anonymous

Party Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Off to Mickey Finn’s – aka the Libertyville office
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Anonymous

I am bringing in tonic & Jin tomorrow! Be on the first floor of 8B locker room.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Anonymous

Wink Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Quote:
I am bringing in tonic & Jin tomorrow! Be on the first floor of 8B locker room.
Before or after you get your blue folder?
Old 01-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Anonymous

I did nt find the tonic and gin in the locker room ! Just a large turd in the shit can . Hey by the way where the fuck is the tic toc jackass ?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Anonymous

Nervous Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Quote:

I don't think so. I have many hundreds of thousands of airline miles on 2 different carriers... one for regional and one for global. I would hardly call that "wasted". Best thing ABT ever did was allow travelers to (finally) collect their own airline miles... it took them YEARS to do so...
I really love this company. It has been a wonderful career, with many, many opportunities to change jobs, yet keep the benefits intact. And as I look forward to a retirement at the end of this year, I am feeling pretty good that I can travel around the world multiple times on the miles that I have managed to accumulate through careful planning of my travel schedule! Did I mention upgrades?
I am glad you got to ride the wave to prosperity. As for the rest of us, we will never see world travel or retire. And please...spare me all the save, frugal, real-estate, insurance sales-bullshit.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I did nt find the tonic and gin in the locker room ! Just a large turd in the shit can . Hey by the way where the fuck is the tic toc jackass ?
Good question. I was about to shit my pants walking into work this morning. Nothing happen! ha ha!! f uck you Mr. Tick Tock
Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

No doubt an Abbott Lifer who knows how to play the game at Abbott. I would be impressed if I hadn't been a victim of one of these selfish asshole Lifers playing the game and crapping on people so as to keep their "airline miles". Shitty people at Abbott.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:29 AM
Anonymous

No layoffs yesterday – what happened?
Old 01-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

I heard from someone who's been there over 10-years that about 500 will be let go from Temecula soon. I guess mostly from production of the heart stents. I heard 2nd production line will be gone. Some people from both lines will be let go and everyone they keep will be working the early shift that starts around 5 AM. I don't work there so I can only tell you what I heard from a supervisor there. He's friends with the "right" people there so I guess he hears rumors from management.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I heard from someone who's been there over 10-years that about 500 will be let go from Temecula soon. I guess mostly from production of the heart stents. I heard 2nd production line will be gone. Some people from both lines will be let go and everyone they keep will be working the early shift that starts around 5 AM. I don't work there so I can only tell you what I heard from a supervisor there. He's friends with the "right" people there so I guess he hears rumors from management.
Temecula is not Diagnostics. It is Vascular.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Anonymous

Nothing happened in Nutrition. Yet.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 AM
Anonymous

Jester Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Layoffs will happen next week.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:55 AM
Anonymous

What day?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Temecula is not Diagnostics. It is Vascular.
Actually, if you heard the quarterly earnings, Temecula is neither Diagnostics nor Vascular.... It's Toast.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Instead of just saying next week, why don't you tell everyone who your source is? (Position in the company etc.) And if you know more details like how many, what day, department etc. please state it. I don't work there but I'm sure those who do would like to know as much as possible.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Instead of just saying next week, why don't you tell everyone who your source is? (Position in the company etc.) And if you know more details like how many, what day, department etc. please state it. I don't work there but I'm sure those who do would like to know as much as possible.
Sure mister shareholder. I will give you my name date and serial number and I will post it here on Cafepharma for all to see. Keep watching the boards for this pending info.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Nobody asked you for anything personal. They asked what position in the company your source is. AKA Are they credible? Or if you are from upper management and know yourself through your own job, why don't you just say you're upper management and how you know without giving away anything personally identifiable. This is an anonymous site so nobody will know who you are if you give away the information that was asked for.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Nobody asked you for anything personal. They asked what position in the company your source is. AKA Are they credible? Or if you are from upper management and know yourself through your own job, why don't you just say you're upper management and how you know without giving away anything personally identifiable. This is an anonymous site so nobody will know who you are if you give away the information that was asked for.
What a tool.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Do you really want to know? Do you really want to know the truth? You can't handle truth.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Anonymous

Someone is a tool for asking a question? You have the maturity of an 8-year old boy. Anyway, I'm not a shareholder or employee. I just happen to know a couple people who work there and am concerned about their fate. So go on calling people you don't know silly names since it seems to make your pathetic life better in some sick way. I doubt anyone on this site knows more than I do based on the comments I see here. It's mostly a bunch or current and past drug sales reps spreading their hate and negativity.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Quote:
Someone is a tool for asking a question? You have the maturity of an 8-year old boy. Anyway, I'm not a shareholder or employee. I just happen to know a couple people who work there and am concerned about their fate. So go on calling people you don't know silly names since it seems to make your pathetic life better in some sick way. I doubt anyone on this site knows more than I do based on the comments I see here. It's mostly a bunch or current and past drug sales reps spreading their hate and negativity.
I would love to play poker with you. Seriously dude, you are really bad at lying.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:29 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I am touched by your empathy. You will hear me rattling my tin cup in a few weeks in front of the Abbott Park entrance on Waukegan. Feel free to make a donation to the ex-Abbott Employee Survival Foundation for which I am founder and and CEO. I will look for you. I will make sure all fired employees are taken care of with your generous monthly donation of just 80 cents a day. Just 80 cents a day. Less than the cost of an oatmeal at the cafeteria. Think of it and all the good you can do. We also accept oatmeal.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Anonymous

Speaking of oatmeal, will the Abbott Cafeterias be offering free oatmeal in February again this year? It keeps us regular. At least in February.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Wow, what sad and sick people you are. If you don't get help from Charter, please, get help somewhere.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 AM
Anonymous

Angry Temecula

Heard the layoffs were delayed. They were supposed to happen around Jan. 23 and now will happen before the end of Feb.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Quote:
Jan 23rd
Layoffs have started today!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Anonymous

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,6611186.story
Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

They should layoff the IT department with there Active Directory people. What a cut throat group.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Anonymous

Abbott Laboratories on Tuesday laid off an unspecified number of workers, including some at its Lake County headquarters
Old 02-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Anonymous

Crying Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

More than 100 were let go on Tuesday at Abbott Diagnostics
Old 05-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Anonymous

Paranoid Re: Major Layoffs at Abbott Diagnostics

Are there any new updates?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: