for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Medical Equipment/Device Sales > Biomet Orthopedics
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Biomet Orthopedics Anonymous board for Biomet Orthopedics

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Anonymous

Default New Biomet Knee - Vanguard XP?

Biomet rec'd FDA clearance for a Vanguard XP knee earlier in April. Anyone know if this knee is on the market yet? Product insert is available on line. Is this just a line extension to the Vanguard?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: New Biomet Knee - Vanguard XP?

What do you think?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Anonymous

US limited clinical review release?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Anonymous

Lol Re: New Biomet Knee - Vanguard XP?

XP(extra price) Vanguard is junk
Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
XP(extra price) Vanguard is junk
Why? A decent way for the Vanguard to fill in the holes to compete directly with the Attune and Persona. If the upcharge is not necessary, the standard Vanguard is still a better knee than the Sigma, Triathlon, Nexgen, in that price tier. I would like to see us throw out arcom and go all in with E1. That would turn some heads. Make E1 the standard poly and give it a warranty(just the poly). That would lean inventory and be a road the big 3 could not go down. Shake it up for the IPO!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Anonymous

I said its junk so is E1 and Binder! Get his fat head off the blog postings and get him to make Biomet profitable not have 4B in debt. Blog this.... I am Binder, I am fat and my company sucks. Lets keep I3 dental however.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Anonymous

Is this the ACL sparing knee?
Old 06-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Is this the ACL sparing knee?
ACL sparing?
Old 07-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
ACL sparing?
?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Anonymous

yes acl sparing, like to oxford hemi's.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Chad Casey

Arms Re: New Biomet Knee - Vanguard XP?

I love how people exert a large amount of energy in degrading certain people / product on this site and then list themselves as "anonymous". Let me educate you! As you are sitting there blogging on cafe Pharma, Binder happens to be running an 8 Billion dollar company. Now I don't know about you, but the last time I checked, I don't think that job was listed in their "career opportunities" box of their website. How insecure do you feel, that you will always be rep who has nothing better to do, than sit on a website and Blog? Well, its pretty obvious the answer to that one. If you were successful at what you do, then you be planning your next day. Instead of hating people that happen to be successful....Try getting off your lazy ass and mimic what they do in life! Wait a minute....I just figured it out....Your one of those Obama supporters that thinks everyone owes you something!!!! Well, how about this....I dare you to list your real name and let the world really who is behind the cowardly mask you choose to hide behind! Here I will lead by example:

Chad Casey
Biomet Orthopedics

Ps: The XP is pretty unbelievable.....Thats why your company is trying to develop one!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Casey View Post
I love how people exert a large amount of energy in degrading certain people / product on this site and then list themselves as "anonymous". Let me educate you! As you are sitting there blogging on cafe Pharma, Binder happens to be running an 8 Billion dollar company. Now I don't know about you, but the last time I checked, I don't think that job was listed in their "career opportunities" box of their website. How insecure do you feel, that you will always be rep who has nothing better to do, than sit on a website and Blog? Well, its pretty obvious the answer to that one. If you were successful at what you do, then you be planning your next day. Instead of hating people that happen to be successful....Try getting off your lazy ass and mimic what they do in life! Wait a minute....I just figured it out....Your one of those Obama supporters that thinks everyone owes you something!!!! Well, how about this....I dare you to list your real name and let the world really who is behind the cowardly mask you choose to hide behind! Here I will lead by example:

Chad Casey
Biomet Orthopedics

Ps: The XP is pretty unbelievable.....Thats why your company is trying to develop one!
Chad Casey you little spit fire.. I LOVE YOU!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I said its junk so is E1 and Binder! Get his fat head off the blog postings and get him to make Biomet profitable not have 4B in debt. Blog this.... I am Binder, I am fat and my company sucks. Lets keep I3 dental however.
Hey numb nuts, you can knock Binder all you want but that man has forgot more about business than your lame ass will ever know! People like you are pathetic. Man, jealousy is such an ugly thing! Go back to your milk shake little boy.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Anonymous

Angry Re: New Biomet Knee - Vanguard XP?

About the pitch for "going all in with E1".......

http://caseconnector.jbjs.org/articl...icleid=1682650

uh-oh.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
What a cowardly little puss you are. The last time I checked Binder was a fairly successful guy. I can bet you this, you aren't man enough to say those things face to face. Your type is so typical.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
About the pitch for "going all in with E1".......

http://caseconnector.jbjs.org/articl...icleid=1682650

uh-oh.
Is the JBJS report and the Maude reports concerning? I'm in sports med, but do NOT want to be asked about this. Someone needs to figure it out and stay on script!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Anonymous

Not really. 10mm CR poly put in a knee where the PCL ruptured and became grossly unstable in a patient with a high BMI. The poly deformed and got smashed to bits at it's thinnest point posteriorly. It would have happened to any other poly in this case. It had nothing to do with E1. The bearing was changed to a 16mm ultra-congruent to compensate. Compare that with the 10 years of third party clinical data of E1.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Anonymous

Clinical data on E1? Please tell me where I can find this data?
Old 07-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Not really. 10mm CR poly put in a knee where the PCL ruptured and became grossly unstable in a patient with a high BMI. The poly deformed and got smashed to bits at it's thinnest point posteriorly. It would have happened to any other poly in this case. It had nothing to do with E1. The bearing was changed to a 16mm ultra-congruent to compensate. Compare that with the 10 years of third party clinical data of E1.
That BMI is becoming more the norm.
I cannot download entire article - does it mention a ruptured PCL?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Anonymous

At the time of revision it was noted the PCL was "non-functioning".
Old 08-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Anonymous

A fractured tibia insert is rare. This was the least conforming insert placed in a tray that has no peripheral locking features. There may be more to this than just a compromised PCL in an overweight patient. Just have to wait and see.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

Chad Casey
Biomet Orthopedics

Funny! Zimmer rep feasting on Biomet carcuses. XP is a joke
Old 08-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Zimmer has sales reps??? Nah just extremely over paid box openers...
Old 08-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Anonymous

Hey dumb fucks! What 2 knee systems have stood the test of time? Read the liteature! As far as total knees the agc and LCS have out preformed any knee on the market. You douche bags that try and knock down Biomet for their poly and locking mechanism can go pound sand. They haven't changed their ways for one reason! It works! Now 1900h resin is no longer available but biomets poly is the best... Why? Because they are the only ones who consolidate it in house! No one else does! That's why all you other company's have changed poly and locking mechanisms every 5 years! As far as porous coatings..where did everyone get the idea? Oh that's right Biomet! Zimmer guys.. What knee did Galante put in for years? Oh yeah..the agc! Why do you have tm? Oh that's right because of biomets porous coating! Want to argue? Ask Galante! Stryker..rothmans an ass and did not develope the taperloc which by the way all you other chumps try and copy! Thanks for all the credit in your clinical results you cite! Guess what you win..your great in your marketing! Biomet is a bunch of engineers that are trying to do the right thing. If it wasn't for Biomet none of you guys would have things to bitch about! Biomet hasn't changed their ways for one reason... It works! Not one other company on the market today can say the same!
Old 08-02-2013, 01:42 AM
X-Biomet by Choice :)

Quote:
Hey dumb fucks! What 2 knee systems have stood the test of time? Read the liteature! As far as total knees the agc and LCS have out preformed any knee on the market. You douche bags that try and knock down Biomet for their poly and locking mechanism can go pound sand. They haven't changed their ways for one reason! It works! Now 1900h resin is no longer available but biomets poly is the best... Why? Because they are the only ones who consolidate it in house! No one else does! That's why all you other company's have changed poly and locking mechanisms every 5 years! As far as porous coatings..where did everyone get the idea? Oh that's right Biomet! Zimmer guys.. What knee did Galante put in for years? Oh yeah..the agc! Why do you have tm? Oh that's right because of biomets porous coating! Want to argue? Ask Galante! Stryker..rothmans an ass and did not develope the taperloc which by the way all you other chumps try and copy! Thanks for all the credit in your clinical results you cite! Guess what you win..your great in your marketing! Biomet is a bunch of engineers that are trying to do the right thing. If it wasn't for Biomet none of you guys would have things to bitch about! Biomet hasn't changed their ways for one reason... It works! Not one other company on the market today can say the same!

Sounds good. Hopefully all this helps with the sale of an in-debt company that has good folks jumping off like it just hit an iceberg.....
Old 08-02-2013, 05:54 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Biomet by Choice :) View Post
Sounds good. Hopefully all this helps with the sale of an in-debt company that has good folks jumping off like it just hit an iceberg.....
Ha ha ha! You really are an idiot. No one has left that I would consider a critical loss. All companies have turn over especially the competition. EVERYONE knows Biomet is the company of choice. Whether you admit it or not you know it too. It must suck being you.

Enjoy your day as you try to come up with a juvenile come back.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

Implex created TM. Galante was a co designer of the miller-galante knee, so not understanding of the agc comment ?
Read the paper by pilliar/Cameron describing optimum pore size...they were some of the pioneers in uncemented devices
Biomet was never a leader in any of this...
Old 08-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Anonymous

ACL sparing knee has been tried before. Failed. But, that's normal for anything new.
I think people see the joint doc for arthritic pain (not instability).
its marketing - , 'i dont want a blown out acl' is smart.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Anonymous

First off Dane Miller PHD was the first to figure out titanium would work the best for orthopedic implants. Biomet was the first to come out with titanium porous coating. So yes Biomet is the leader in that area. As far as Dr. Galante is concerned he put in a ton of agc's but you wouldn't know that would you? Also how did that miller-Galante knee work out? Great results? Not really right? Fiber metal mesh? Worked great right? That's why Zimmer had to buy the tm from implex? Just wondering what company you think had the first titanium pourous coating? Which one?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
ACL sparing knee has been tried before. Failed. But, that's normal for anything new.
I think people see the joint doc for arthritic pain (not instability).
its marketing - , 'i dont want a blown out acl' is smart.
ACL sparing knees are not new. Most designs in the 70's were ACL sparing with exception of the IB. They are harder to put in and most book smart surgeons couldn't do it or work in the limited space. The results were mixed depending on who put them in. Back then arthroplasty results were all mixed depending on who put them in. Joint replacements had a life expectancy of 10 years.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Let me school you dork! The Taperloc is a copy of an old Protek stem called the Muller Dual Lock from the late 1970's..before Biomet came about until 1981. Zimmer used to sell a copy of it in the early 1980's. Dane Miller was smart by plasma spraying every piece of shit Biomet implant. It is a good cheap way of getting biological fixation good and bad and made him rich. Femoral stems...good, everything else is horrible. Oh, by the way...Protek is a Zimmer subsidiary, so the Tapeloc is a rip off of a Zimmer product. You suck and I have no Biomet reps of note in my territory because their stuff is so bad. I had Dane come down to me years ago and try to get me to switch to Biomet. No way. We use TM to revise all of the plasma sprayed Biomet cups. How is Mary Lou Retton doing with her cancerous Biomet hip?
Old 08-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Let me school you dork! The Taperloc is a copy of an old Protek stem called the Muller Dual Lock from the late 1970's..before Biomet came about until 1981. Zimmer used to sell a copy of it in the early 1980's. Dane Miller was smart by plasma spraying every piece of shit Biomet implant. It is a good cheap way of getting biological fixation good and bad and made him rich. Femoral stems...good, everything else is horrible. Oh, by the way...Protek is a Zimmer subsidiary, so the Tapeloc is a rip off of a Zimmer product. You suck and I have no Biomet reps of note in my territory because their stuff is so bad. I had Dane come down to me years ago and try to get me to switch to Biomet. No way. We use TM to revise all of the plasma sprayed Biomet cups. How is Mary Lou Retton doing with her cancerous Biomet hip?
Answer me this, as you over flow with the typical pukey DePuy arrogance how do you sleep at night as all the patients whose lives have been changed by your ASR disaster suffer and deal with the shit your company has handed them? Your arrogance is disgusting and the reason DePuy is hated by so many.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Answer me this, as you over flow with the typical pukey DePuy arrogance how do you sleep at night as all the patients whose lives have been changed by your ASR disaster suffer and deal with the shit your company has handed them? Your arrogance is disgusting and the reason DePuy is hated by so many.
He sleeps because they all live in the land of delusion. Birds of a feather... You saw the ASR trial, it's all about the numbers and pointing fingers at the other guy. No one escapes not even the surgeons.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Chad Casey

Quote:
Wow! you are really daring by anouncing you are a zimmer rep! What Balls you have....I look at it this way....Everyone hates the Yankees, Everyone hates the SEC and everyone hates Biomet....Conculsion: Everyone hates a winner!!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Wow! you are really daring by anouncing you are a zimmer rep! What Balls you have....I look at it this way....Everyone hates the Yankees, Everyone hates the SEC and everyone hates Biomet....Conculsion: Everyone hates a winner!!!!!
Black stone hates you too, and they own you
Old 08-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Anonymous

School me? Well how did Zimmer do with that stem? The one that we copied? When did Zimmer come out with a porous coating? Just curious? Also why is that the m/l taper come out after the taperloc? Why smart guy?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I think the better question is. How are your metal on metal hips doing? Don't worry about Mary Lou..worry about your shitty designed products...what was that letter Dorr wrote about to EVERY orthopedic surgeon in the WORLD? By the way douche bag Dane came from Zimmer...why did he start his own company? So he could make a better product! Which by the way he does!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Dane came down and tried to hire you??? Well, I guess even the best like Dane have an off day every once in a while. I'd say we dodged the bullet on that one. Now go back to your ASR revision. I'll bet instead of counting sheep at night you count the number of reports you have on M.A.U.D.E.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Dane came down and tried to hire you??? Well, I guess even the best like Dane have an off day every once in a while. I'd say we dodged the bullet on that one. Now go back to your ASR revision. I'll bet instead of counting sheep at night you count the number of reports you have on M.A.U.D.E.
Uh....ASR is DePuy, not Zimmer.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Anonymous

boy I sure am ashamed of my Zimmer ASR...idiot. I think we all would rather hear how awesome Dane is again
Old 08-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
boy I sure am ashamed of my Zimmer ASR...idiot. I think we all would rather hear how awesome Dane is again
He is AWESOOOOOOMMMME!!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I don't hate Biomet because they are a non factor along with DePuy, Stryker and S&N in my territory. Got the Synthes reps crying now because of the cool Zimmer trauma products.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Anonymous

You guys really sound childish. The new XP product line is a positive move in orthopedics to keep the ACL in tact. All engineers in this field should be trying their best to come up with better products to make people who unfortunately have to face this kind of surgery have a more positive result. No matter what company they work for. I am a lowly factory floor employee who is facing massive amounts of overtime to meet demand for this XP line. So maybe when you two get done computer word slapping you can put that college education to use and GET BACK TO WORK.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:02 AM
JCHAZZ

Arms Re: New Biomet Knee - Vanguard XP?

You describe yourself as a "lowly factory worker"? As a tenured Biomet rep. of just under 25 years, I take offense to your self-description sir/ma'am! You are a very valued 'Biomet Team Player' in not only my eyes, but the eyes of many rep.'s like me who highly value everything you put into whatever it is you do at Biomet! Our successes as Biomet rep.'s are not based solely on the successful products we provide to the surgeons we work with. It is a combination of dedication & efforts (like yours) which make us an outstanding & respected company! I am embarrassed for any rep's. in this wonderful & healing industry who finds it necessary to 'bash' one another because of their own incompetency's or failures at what they do...or what they don't do to further the healing of patients, their outcomes, & success stories. It gives a bad taste to this wonderful industry. So...Biomet factory workers' out there, whether in the plant in Indiana or elsewhere...we rep's. who still believe in 1 surgeon/1 patient...Thank You for what you all do to help each of us succeed! I, for 1, still remember and believe what Dane said at the Biomet Nat'l. Sales Meeting as he counted down the top 10 reasons we are and will remain the 'most responsive company in Orthopedics. No. 1 reason? and I am quoting Dane Miller here.."Cuzz' it's the best Shit out there!" End quote! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHAZZ View Post
You describe yourself as a "lowly factory worker"? As a tenured Biomet rep. of just under 25 years, I take offense to your self-description sir/ma'am! You are a very valued 'Biomet Team Player' in not only my eyes, but the eyes of many rep.'s like me who highly value everything you put into whatever it is you do at Biomet! Our successes as Biomet rep.'s are not based solely on the successful products we provide to the surgeons we work with. It is a combination of dedication & efforts (like yours) which make us an outstanding & respected company! I am embarrassed for any rep's. in this wonderful & healing industry who finds it necessary to 'bash' one another because of their own incompetency's or failures at what they do...or what they don't do to further the healing of patients, their outcomes, & success stories. It gives a bad taste to this wonderful industry. So...Biomet factory workers' out there, whether in the plant in Indiana or elsewhere...we rep's. who still believe in 1 surgeon/1 patient...Thank You for what you all do to help each of us succeed! I, for 1, still remember and believe what Dane said at the Biomet Nat'l. Sales Meeting as he counted down the top 10 reasons we are and will remain the 'most responsive company in Orthopedics. No. 1 reason? and I am quoting Dane Miller here.."Cuzz' it's the best Shit out there!" End quote! Merry Christmas!
I agree with this post! "lowly factory worker" You guys are the best in the industry! You men and women at our factory do one hell of a job! You guys make our lives as sales reps a lot easier! Merry Christmas and thanks for your hard work!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Anonymous

Curious, did the Vanguard femur change geometry to accompany the kinematics of keeping the ACL?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Curious, did the Vanguard femur change geometry to accompany the kinematics of keeping the ACL?
Slightly. Very subtle, but yes.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Anonymous

The Persona knee is a near perfect knee arthroplasty system. The patient outcomes thus far have been tremendous, and it is a significant advancement in the personalization of a replacement knee.

It gives you superior implant options as compared to any other primary knee system on the market, and does so with extremely user friendly and precise instrumentation.

What issues could Vanguard XP solve without going way off the reservation and trying it with the worry that it may not be as advertised? Could this be the next Deuce?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Anonymous

If what you said is true...then why are you and your company so worried about it? Also I don't see dr 's Gallante and Della Valle complaining. Just curious do you Mr. Zimmer know who they are?
Old 04-20-2014, 04:51 AM
Anonymous

This thread is a trainwreck. Do you people act like this when you're sharing space at an account? Is this what device sales has become? Man, I miss the good old days. Get a grip on yourselves, people. Christ.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: