for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com


» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Celgene
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #51  
Old 10-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Similar experience, but was told I will get called back. The manager seemed nice and the stock options are good so, if offered, would probably take it. But I was surprised by their lack of experience. Asked them how they had gotten the position and they indicated that they had friends on the inside.
I give you credit for asking, but don't you think it's kinda rude to ask them how they got the job? It shows that you don't think that they're qualified. Why would a manager hire someone who openly shows that they don't think that the manager got the job based on their own merit.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Same - Gal that interviewed me was nice but no clue, never been a manager. THis company is losing any credibiltiy it ever had. WTF, how do you launch a product with a management team that has never managed. Upper management must be really insecure to put DMs in place that they can push around and not be challanged by. Guess lack of leadership all around. How do you expect a new manager to build a team and launch a new product that has never done so - makes no sense. Unless they think they will never have to and its all smoke and mirrors !
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Not only hiring inexperienced managers, they are only asking for reps with two years experience. They aren't paying for talent.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-28-2013, 12:48 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Not only hiring inexperienced managers, they are only asking for reps with two years experience. They aren't paying for talent.

They are poised for great success if they were competing against no name loser companies !
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Not only hiring inexperienced managers, they are only asking for reps with two years experience. They aren't paying for talent.
I can't believe all of the criticism on this board. The reality is that there a few of you who didn't make the cut and have nothing better to do than bash the organization that just passed on you. I'm curious as to all of the so called expertise from the whiners? What makes all of you so smart and so much more qualified to have gotten the opportunity over anyone else?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I can't believe all of the criticism on this board. The reality is that there a few of you who didn't make the cut and have nothing better to do than bash the organization that just passed on you. I'm curious as to all of the so called expertise from the whiners? What makes all of you so smart and so much more qualified to have gotten the opportunity over anyone else?
Has anybody had a face to face and heard a definitive no from HR or the manager yet?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

My phone screening is tomorrow w/the DM. Obviously I am going to ask for the f2f, but is it realistic it will happen? Or am I going to have wait to hear back from the recruiter to set up a f2f?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
My phone screening is tomorrow w/the DM. Obviously I am going to ask for the f2f, but is it realistic it will happen? Or am I going to have wait to hear back from the recruiter to set up a f2f?
Are you sure the phone screen is with the DM? From what I have heard, the recruiter does the phone screen and sets up the first F2F.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Yea, I'm certain, I spoke to the recruiter on Friday, and set me up with a phone interview with the DM tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yea, I'm certain, I spoke to the recruiter on Friday, and set me up with a phone interview with the DM tomorrow.
Cool. Then I am sure that it won't be too much of an ask for a face to face if you have done two phone interviews successfully. They have to meet you sometime. Good luck tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Has anybody had second rounds with the rbd yet? I've met with the hiring manager but haven't heard anything yet?
My first face to face interview last week was with the hiring manager and the RBD. I assumed all were this way.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
My first face to face interview last week was with the hiring manager and the RBD. I assumed all were this way.
Who knows? It sounds like different parts of the country must be in different phases of the process if some people are still doing their phone screens.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

i had phone screen and have f2f interview scheduled later this week. they know my base salary and target for this year (>$160,000) and i still got a f2f. i was skeptical bc i had heard the same about low salaries, but, hey, it's worth a shot.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

heard the same about OH mgr. No DM exp. only 7 years of pharma exp, no real blockbuster drugs or specialty drugs/biologics
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
heard the same about OH mgr. No DM exp. only 7 years of pharma exp, no real blockbuster drugs or specialty drugs/biologics
Has anybody gotten called back for a second f2f with the OH DM? She told me I was moving on, but I bet she told everyone that. Not manager enough to be honest, so probably just lied
to all candidates.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Has anybody gotten called back for a second f2f with the OH DM? She told me I was moving on, but I bet she told everyone that. Not manager enough to be honest, so probably just lied
to all candidates.
Same. Completely different kind of interview I've ever experienced... Didn't ask for brag book or past achievements, just asked about my hobbies and life in general. Didn't get a commitment for next round. I walked out very confused. No idea what they're looking for?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Can anyone share the recruiter's name or initials they are dealing with. I am not 100% convinced the recruiter who has talked to me is part of the action. She keeps giving me info about two territories in other areas of TX but says all other spots have been filled by friends of the NSD.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

I'm very confused to the whole inteview seemed strange
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

The initials of the recruiter I have been working with is HS.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Same. Completely different kind of interview I've ever experienced... Didn't ask for brag book or past achievements, just asked about my hobbies and life in general. Didn't get a commitment for next round. I walked out very confused. No idea what they're looking for?
I think the first interviews aren't meant to be in depth interviews. Just a preliminary face to face screen to get down to a few candidates for Round 2. Such a long process.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Celgene is hurting their reputation with the way this expansion is being handled: Inexperienced managers conducting unorganized interviews, no clear communication on the hiring process, and a general lack of understanding of the immunology market.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Celgene is hurting their reputation with the way this expansion is being handled: Inexperienced managers conducting unorganized interviews, no clear communication on the hiring process, and a general lack of understanding of the immunology market.
I respectfully disagree. The manager I interviewed with seemed very well-prepared and organized. Sorry you had a bad experience but I don't think it is indicative of an overall problem with the entire Celgene organization. The manager I sat with was very clear that this was going to be a long process and not to expect anything to happen quickly and had an understanding of the market. I am surprised to hear that you were able to assess the managers understanding of the immunology market in the first interview. How did you figure that out?
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

I work here and found out they are shooting for a cheaper sales force right now. Not looking to spend too much money on management and reps because we need it approved first, and company not expecting blockbuster status out of the gates with the one indication. After more indications come in the company will start moving some more experienced individuals in the door. Exceptions can be made, but target is less than 90k per rep
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I respectfully disagree. The manager I interviewed with seemed very well-prepared and organized. Sorry you had a bad experience but I don't think it is indicative of an overall problem with the entire Celgene organization. The manager I sat with was very clear that this was going to be a long process and not to expect anything to happen quickly and had an understanding of the market. I am surprised to hear that you were able to assess the managers understanding of the immunology market in the first interview. How did you figure that out?
By having a conversation:asking questions, taking note of the manager's reactions (or lack of) to discussions involving major KOLs, the competition, etc. Anything that an experienced rep would be able to pick up on in the course of an interview.

Consider yourself fortunate with your DM experience. You seem to be in the minority,
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I respectfully disagree. The manager I interviewed with seemed very well-prepared and organized. Sorry you had a bad experience but I don't think it is indicative of an overall problem with the entire Celgene organization. The manager I sat with was very clear that this was going to be a long process and not to expect anything to happen quickly and had an understanding of the market. I am surprised to hear that you were able to assess the managers understanding of the immunology market in the first interview. How did you figure that out?
this is clearly the manager writing this. wow, trolling cafepharma for dirt?
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Offer letters go out the first week of November. Final interviews are being conducted now.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Any new news on the PDUFA date for Apremilast??????
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

I have first f2f Monday. Didn't have a phone screen. Will let you all know what I find out. I understand some concern with someone without any management experience, but there are positives and negatives. Also, who cares if they have experience in a certain disease state? I've launched 7 drugs to many specialties. Its never very different.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Celgene is hurting their reputation with the way this expansion is being handled: Inexperienced managers conducting unorganized interviews, no clear communication on the hiring process, and a general lack of understanding of the immunology market.
If the manager was so bad, then just don't continue to pursue the job. Nobody is forcing you here. I don't think Celgene is going to worry about what you think is going to happen to their reputation.
Also, how are you able to speak in the plural about inexperienced managers and interviews. At most, you have met with one manager and had one maybe two interviews so clearly you are generalizing based upon your limited experience.
As for the experience in the immunology market, it is probably 10x more important that the rep understands the market instead of the manager. I've never had a manager that was an expert in the science. That isn't their job.
If you don't like it, then don't do it. It is pointless to try to drag everyone else down.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

My opinion on this expansion. Apremilast is going to fill a spot between generic pill treatments and branded biologics. Knowing that, Celgene will price the drug much lower than the biologics. That price, plus a limited indication at launch, has caused the company to make financial decisions on how the sales and management team should be constructed. Many of the posters are current/former biologic reps/managers who thought that Celgene would pay for their experience. That isn't happening. The market will ultimately decide if Celgene made the right decision.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
If the manager was so bad, then just don't continue to pursue the job. Nobody is forcing you here. I don't think Celgene is going to worry about what you think is going to happen to their reputation.
Also, how are you able to speak in the plural about inexperienced managers and interviews. At most, you have met with one manager and had one maybe two interviews so clearly you are generalizing based upon your limited experience.
As for the experience in the immunology market, it is probably 10x more important that the rep understands the market instead of the manager. I've never had a manager that was an expert in the science. That isn't their job.
If you don't like it, then don't do it. It is pointless to try to drag everyone else down.
another manager trolling cafepharma. sad
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

I am a tenured biologics specialist who just happens to be so good and desired that I am currently out of work.

I brought my big Pharma experience and cultural attributes to the interview, along with all the entitlement programs that I have grown accustomed to (shutting down the week after Christmas, adoption support, care-giver leave, unlimited sick leave, women in leadership, friends of minorities, LGBT networks, anxiety counseling).

Amazingly, I did not get the DM job, despite showing all my activity tracking prowess and my many coaching awards. My brag book weighed almost as much as my head.

Don't worry though, I was able to ascertain from my 45 minutes that Celgene is doing everything on the cheap, the marketing plan is whack, the DMs are all hot strippers, the RMs are all parolees, and that Celgene's stock and the entire future of the company is at stake.

Notice, when you get home from selling to docs, that I am posting this in the middle of the day because I don't work right now. I did just finish a nice lunch.

Anyway, next spring I will be back to tell you I told you so, because I am so good.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

I too am mad I didn't get a DM job. I spend my time now bad mouthing those who did and telling everyone I am a MAJOR shareholder. My wife works with Celgene and she is pissed too.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Ok corporate responder, how about this: Hire DM's with no or little experience, get them on the cheap, ask them to hire an entire district and launch a new product??? And that is supposed to equate to success? Glad I didn't get called back after the joke of an interview I had with the DM you hired. WOW - best of luck cause you will need it.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

FDA not reviewing this till March 2014 hiring any reps to start in 2013 is a waste of money
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Offer letters go out the first week of November. Final interviews are being conducted now.
BS!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Ok corporate responder, how about this: Hire DM's with no or little experience, get them on the cheap, ask them to hire an entire district and launch a new product??? And that is supposed to equate to success? Glad I didn't get called back after the joke of an interview I had with the DM you hired. WOW - best of luck cause you will need it.
Dude. I'm not a corporate responder. All you have done is get on this site and talk about how lame the company handling this launch and all I am saying is that if you don't like it, you don't need to worry about it. Move on.
I had a good experience and am excited about it. You aren't going to change that. The DM I met with with great and well-prepared. Sorry you can't handle that and think I must be in corporate for it to be true.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

The first round interviews are going on for three weeks. Before reps move on to the rd
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-30-2013, 06:15 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
FDA not reviewing this till March 2014 hiring any reps to start in 2013 is a waste of money
if you still think this, there's a reason you didn't move forward. use the internet man.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

I am sad to see all the Apremilast posters. If you look at the Cafepharma site you will see the the hematology and oncology side of the business does not post much as it is a great company to work for. The company is not perfect but better than most. If you are not happy with the process or manager don't take the job. If you look at Celgene's stock price over the last 15 years you will see that they have done quite well and will survive without you catering lunches. As a shareholder I am thrilled with the upcoming launch but the maturity level seems to be suffering with this expansion.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 10-30-2013, 06:55 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
The first round interviews are going on for three weeks. Before reps move on to the rd
I already met with the hiring manager and RD for my first face to face. Do I have other face to face interviews in my future? It was the strangest interview I have been on for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
if you still think this, there's a reason you didn't move forward. use the internet man.
Remember that little thing called the govt shut down. Significant FDA delays. Everything pushed back a few months. Could very well be March of 2014. If it gets approved!
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I already met with the hiring manager and RD for my first face to face. Do I have other face to face interviews in my future? It was the strangest interview I have been on for sure.
Why? Did you end up blowing them?
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Remember that little thing called the govt shut down. Significant FDA delays. Everything pushed back a few months. Could very well be March of 2014. If it gets approved!
You couldn't be less intelligent. You clearly have zero clue as to what is going to happen or when it is going to happen. Mid March launch dummy.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-31-2013, 04:47 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Any new news on the PDUFA date for Apremilast??????


I know the DM I met with today said the PADUFA date is March 20ish and start date is January 6, 2014.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-31-2013, 09:11 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

In NJ have they already placed calls or is there a lag with these positions?
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I work here and found out they are shooting for a cheaper sales force right now. Not looking to spend too much money on management and reps because we need it approved first, and company not expecting blockbuster status out of the gates with the one indication. After more indications come in the company will start moving some more experienced individuals in the door. Exceptions can be made, but target is less than 90k per rep
Sounds too much like just hiring "warm bodies"....this usually invokes an HR nightmare and after a year or two, those non experienced Rheum reps will have some experience and move on to another company, usually getting $10's of thousands more money - so turnover will be costly. Inexperience also means slower out of the gate performance.

These ideas have been tried before and I offer the results I have seen.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Sounds too much like just hiring "warm bodies"....this usually invokes an HR nightmare and after a year or two, those non experienced Rheum reps will have some experience and move on to another company, usually getting $10's of thousands more money - so turnover will be costly. Inexperience also means slower out of the gate performance.

These ideas have been tried before and I offer the results I have seen.

Yes and that would be Amgen hiring Prolia Reps same story as here from what I see
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Has anyone heard about next rounds with rbd? I had one face to face with dm so far.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 11-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Apremilast expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Has anyone heard about next rounds with rbd? I had one face to face with dm so far.
Nope. Nothing yet. Not sure when the 2nd round is going to commence. I haven't heard anything since the first interview. Not sure if that is a good sign or just a sign that they haven't made any decisions yet.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.