» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales > Quest Diagnostics
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quest Diagnostics Anonymous boards for Quest Diagnostics

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Quest IT Outsourcing

Quest couldn't move up any maturity scale, CMM, ITIL, you name it. A change had to happen.

The project managers are terrifyingly inept at Quest. I was shocked when I got there as to the quailty of their work. This is easily the biggest bang for the buck to outsource.

This is where Wipro will initially enjoy the fruits of their engagement. By contract their infrastructure team won't be required to create and manage the plans which is a dynamic shift for Quest because Quest PMs just create phone calls and meeting.

Wipro will just sit back asking Quest PMs to do real "project management" work.

JH is going to be shocked but he will address it over a never missed meal. Actually even if the PMs where fantastic JH would still be making a change.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Is it possible that Quest and Wipro already have more positions already under contract and we just have not been told about it yet?

You're kidding right?
What is your question/point?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Another joke is how companies like Quest get away with replacing American workers with foreigners on H1-B visas by outsourcing to Indian IT bodyshops like TCS and Wipro.

The H1-B visa was originally intended to allow US companies to fill jobs that required "highly theoretical or technical knowledge" when they could not find people in the US to fill those jobs. The joke that everybody seems to ignore, especially our political leaders, is that the people already doing these jobs are Americans, which under normal logic would mean that you shouldn't need to bring in foreigners to fill the jobs.

Let's look at some of the jobs they are trying to fill with H1-B visa holders at Quest. Here is the list of jobs and number of H1-B slots that Wipro is applying for, taken from the Notice of Filing Labor Condition Application forms posted in Lyndhurst:

Project Manger: 90
Engineer: 16
System Administrator: 150
Programmer Analyst: 25
Lead Engineer: 25
Architect Level 2: 25
System Administrator Level 3: 100
Database Administrator: 25
Consultant: 60
Database Administrator Level 1: 12
Architect Level 3: 25

Very few of these jobs are so "technical" or "theoretical" that you couldn't find Americans to do them, especially project management, aside from the obvious fact that Americans are already doing them. It's unbelievable how companies like Quest and Wipro get away with this. It should be a crime.
All these are IT Positions. Most of Wipro people will be offsite. They will have at the most 50 people on site. Also PMO Has 120 positions, not 90. So where these 500 requested jobs above are coming from? Seems unrelated to current outsourcing. Please check your source.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Anonymous

Yawn Re: Quest IT Outsourcing

Quote:
All these are IT Positions. Most of Wipro people will be offsite. They will have at the most 50 people on site. Also PMO Has 120 positions, not 90. So where these 500 requested jobs above are coming from? Seems unrelated to current outsourcing. Please check your source.
1) I didn't say PMO has 90. I said count the positions under MH that have PROJECT, PROGRAM or ACCOUNT in the job title. Everybody has access to the Org Chart, you can count just as well as I can. I count about 85 +- a couple.
2) JH/TW/BL - One of the SLT specifically said on the IT Town Hall that they are not done outsourcing and will be looking further.
3) So far, no Project Management positions have been outsourced at all.
4) Somebody posted saying that Wipro is looking for 90 Project Manager H1-B visas.

So, my only point here is.... What do you think is going to happen?

If you are a project manager (under one of the various flavors/titles) and don't like the implications and feel that your position is so essential that you are safe from outsourcing then Hey - whatever helps you feel better is good enough.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:28 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Good question.

Given that the contract for Quest Diagnostics CEO Steve Rusckowski goes until December 31, 2015, it is not likely there will be a company left to clean up. If the board of directors comes to its collective sense and decides to kick his a$$ out the door, his contract calls for a severance of $7,500,000 (ie - 7.5 million). (Basically about 5 briefcases stuffed full of stacked $100 bills.)

However if the CEO can manage to get the company sold before he gets kicked out the door then his severance would shoot up to $13,000,000. (Probably gonna need about three duffle bags for that much.)

Makes one wonder if this obvious incentive to get the company sold has anything to do with getting rid of all the IT talent and outsourcing to foreign firms. These foreign firms will undoubtedly be staffing the majority of those outsourced positions with short-term and high-turnover consultants who have less then two years IT experience. Not exactly the sort of thing the stockholders would be expecting for true long-term value.
Maybe I just have a suspicious mind, but I have been thinking for quite sometime now that they are trying to position us to sell. It is just so sad for all those that are losing their jobs and the turmoil that is going on for the ones that still have a job. Not quite sure what to think these days.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Maybe I just have a suspicious mind, but I have been thinking for quite sometime now that they are trying to position us to sell. It is just so sad for all those that are losing their jobs and the turmoil that is going on for the ones that still have a job. Not quite sure what to think these days.
Well SR does get a $13M severance package in the event of a sale. Jails are full of people who have literally killed for a whole lot less. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what his motivations are.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Another joke is how companies like Quest get away with replacing American workers with foreigners on H1-B visas by outsourcing to Indian IT bodyshops like TCS and Wipro.

The H1-B visa was originally intended to allow US companies to fill jobs that required "highly theoretical or technical knowledge" when they could not find people in the US to fill those jobs. The joke that everybody seems to ignore, especially our political leaders, is that the people already doing these jobs are Americans, which under normal logic would mean that you shouldn't need to bring in foreigners to fill the jobs.

Let's look at some of the jobs they are trying to fill with H1-B visa holders at Quest. Here is the list of jobs and number of H1-B slots that Wipro is applying for, taken from the Notice of Filing Labor Condition Application forms posted in Lyndhurst:

Project Manger: 90
Engineer: 16
System Administrator: 150
Programmer Analyst: 25
Lead Engineer: 25
Architect Level 2: 25
System Administrator Level 3: 100
Database Administrator: 25
Consultant: 60
Database Administrator Level 1: 12
Architect Level 3: 25

Very few of these jobs are so "technical" or "theoretical" that you couldn't find Americans to do them, especially project management, aside from the obvious fact that Americans are already doing them. It's unbelievable how companies like Quest and Wipro get away with this. It should be a crime.
Why would WIPRO apply for visa to fill all these positions at Quest if they keep people offshore in India?
Old 09-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Anonymous

Google 'wipro horror stories' and you'll find a few more companies with the same problem.

Here's an employee from Merrill Lynch in 2004...

http://tribes.tribe.net/c89cb99d-63e...0-72fbf9849801
Old 09-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Why would WIPRO apply for visa to fill all these positions at Quest if they keep people offshore in India?
Not everybody is offshore. Wipro keeps a number of workers US based but at significantly lower wages then comparable skilled US workers. Wipro is 5th for sponsored visas (out of the entire US). As a previous poster stated, the original intent for the H1B Visa program was to fill jobs that were not able to be filled due to a shortage of trained and qualified US Citizen tech workers. However this program is being clearly abused and is being used to REPLACE currently employeed US Citizens with H1B foreign workers at lower wages. I can't understand how this is not a clear violation of US federal law.

Last year (2012), Wipro filed 7,182 applications for H1B visas. 26 were denied.

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...sourcing-firms
has a good article with some clips of it below:

US Senator Richard Durbin:

"These outsourcing firms like Infosys, Wipro, Tata and others -- Americans would be shocked to know that the H-1B visas are not going to Microsoft; they're going to these firms, largely in India, who are finding workers, engineers, who will work at low wages in the US for three years and pay a fee to Infosys or these companies," Durbin alleged.

"I think that is an abuse of what we're trying to achieve here. Most people would think, well, Microsoft needs these folks, and they'd be shocked to know that most of the H-1B visas are not going to companies like yours; they're going to these outsourcing companies," Durbin alleged.

The same article also states:
The proposed comprehensive immigration bill if passed by the Congress and signed into law by the US President would bar companies from hiring people on H-1B visa if 50 per cent of their employees are not Americans.

The US India Business Council and Confederation of Indian Industry have opposed such a move and said that this is against the spirit of India US strategic relationship.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Not everybody is offshore. Wipro keeps a number of workers US based but at significantly lower wages then comparable skilled US workers. Wipro is 5th for sponsored visas (out of the entire US). As a previous poster stated, the original intent for the H1B Visa program was to fill jobs that were not able to be filled due to a shortage of trained and qualified US Citizen tech workers. However this program is being clearly abused and is being used to REPLACE currently employeed US Citizens with H1B foreign workers at lower wages. I can't understand how this is not a clear violation of US federal law.

Last year (2012), Wipro filed 7,182 applications for H1B visas. 26 were denied.

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...sourcing-firms
has a good article with some clips of it below:

US Senator Richard Durbin:

"These outsourcing firms like Infosys, Wipro, Tata and others -- Americans would be shocked to know that the H-1B visas are not going to Microsoft; they're going to these firms, largely in India, who are finding workers, engineers, who will work at low wages in the US for three years and pay a fee to Infosys or these companies," Durbin alleged.

"I think that is an abuse of what we're trying to achieve here. Most people would think, well, Microsoft needs these folks, and they'd be shocked to know that most of the H-1B visas are not going to companies like yours; they're going to these outsourcing companies," Durbin alleged.

The same article also states:
The proposed comprehensive immigration bill if passed by the Congress and signed into law by the US President would bar companies from hiring people on H-1B visa if 50 per cent of their employees are not Americans.

The US India Business Council and Confederation of Indian Industry have opposed such a move and said that this is against the spirit of India US strategic relationship.
You are not answering the question. Those 500 H-1B visas applications you have posted - you
are claiming they are for Quest. This doesn't make any sense. These are IT jobs and Even if the rest of Quest IT is outsourced to Wipro, it is still too many onsite jobs for them. So what does 500 represent?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Google 'wipro horror stories' and you'll find a few more companies with the same problem.

Here's an employee from Merrill Lynch in 2004...

http://tribes.tribe.net/c89cb99d-63e...0-72fbf9849801
Umm..yea...that didn't end well for them. They were bought out by BoA in 2008.

Quest IT is done. The company will eventually get split up or sold off and the new owner(s) will merge it into their infrastructure as best as they can.

Good luck to those who remain.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:58 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
You are not answering the question. Those 500 H-1B visas applications you have posted - you
are claiming they are for Quest. This doesn't make any sense. These are IT jobs and Even if the rest of Quest IT is outsourced to Wipro, it is still too many onsite jobs for them. So what does 500 represent?
The numbers provided and the breakdown by job were taken directly from the "Notice of Filing Labor Condition Application" (LCA) that were posted in the Lyndhurst facility. All the LCA's indicate the "Work Location Address" as the Lyndhurst office, but that could just be a formality - who knows where they will really be located.

I would gladly post scanned copies of the LCA's if Cafepharma supported file attachments. Maybe I could put them up on Dropbox if anyone is really interested in seeing them.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:06 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Maybe I just have a suspicious mind, but I have been thinking for quite sometime now that they are trying to position us to sell.
I've heard that from quite a few people in the company.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Quest couldn't move up any maturity scale, CMM, ITIL, you name it. A change had to happen.

The project managers are terrifyingly inept at Quest. I was shocked when I got there as to the quailty of their work. This is easily the biggest bang for the buck to outsource.

This is where Wipro will initially enjoy the fruits of their engagement. By contract their infrastructure team won't be required to create and manage the plans which is a dynamic shift for Quest because Quest PMs just create phone calls and meeting.

Wipro will just sit back asking Quest PMs to do real "project management" work.

JH is going to be shocked but he will address it over a never missed meal. Actually even if the PMs where fantastic JH would still be making a change.
There were plenty of GOOD project managers at Quest; we were just stuck with job titles like Sr. Business Systems Analysts and it took YEARS to get the correct title...SLT made it nearly impossible to advance. So happy to be out of there and actually working as a productive IT PM elsewhere.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
It is no surprise that Quest would outsource. Outsource will probably do a better job with half the people because at least they will have people working. Not like the current Quest IT that is never in the office. working from home if you think. or 200 TOP days a year and only put in 20.
The BYOD so they can answer the phone/emails from the golf course or the mall or wherever else you hide.

You guys did it to yourselves.

Now see if your next job will tolerate the laziness.
Even if they let everyone go at the end of the week , End users would not even notice
OK, obviously you're not IT savvy at all because you don't understand that BYOD didn't change anything with an IT person's ability to be offsite and still communicate with the company. That has always happened, it's just that now we get the benefit of being call 24x7 and have to pay to use our "own" cell phone to stay in touch via voice/email. Wow, what a benefit for us in IT.

Next, you are somewhat correct that IT did it to themselves...BUT, it is the fault of senior and upper IT management who were, and for the most part still are, incompetent to operate at the level they are assigned. They were responsible to control IT costs, technology, service offerings, etc., but failed. Assuming this doesn't kill Quest Diagnostics completely, the unfortunate truth is that the outsourcing is not addressing the root problem, because it's not those incompetent managers/leaders who are getting the ax, it's all the real "working people" in IT who will suffer from job loss.

Lastly, it's obvious you have never worked at a company that had a large offshore IT outsource agreement. If you think getting someone on a golf course in America is hard to get a response from, wait till you try to converse with someone half-way around the world, in the middle of their night, who doesn't really speak English and doesn't really care to.

Good Luck!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
There were plenty of GOOD project managers at Quest; we were just stuck with job titles like Sr. Business Systems Analysts and it took YEARS to get the correct title...SLT made it nearly impossible to advance. So happy to be out of there and actually working as a productive IT PM elsewhere.
Agreed. There are or were many competent PMs at QDX. If they haven't left by now, the folks remaining are planning or executing their exit strategy. For the folks deciding to stay, I can see it being more of a personal reason (i.e. life balance) or folks that are laying low and waiting it out. Nothing wrong with this strategy but the people who are proactive will leave or have left. It's just a matter of time.

The greater problems lie within the incompetent L6 folks who can talk circles into making it appear that they are important and value added to any efforts. Those people are still around when they should have been let go.

The other problem is the incompetent L5s and above that is allowing the dead weights to be around and not crack the whip. Instead, the are allowing or aiding the decision to let go of people who are true contributors.

I'm just sitting on the side lines waiting to see it implode. One project at a time...

I gave almost 8 years of my professional career to Quest. I enjoyed seven good years working with great people. I hated the last year. It sucked the life out of me and everyone around me. I'm glad to be gone and to find another company and I.T. group whom appreciates my contributions.

My word of advice for the folks who are still around is to look elsewhere for employment. Take control of your fate and don't allow Quest to run you into the ground. There's nothing left but a wasteland of stupidity and incompetence.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Agreed. There are or were many competent PMs at QDX. If they haven't left by now, the folks remaining are planning or executing their exit strategy. For the folks deciding to stay, I can see it being more of a personal reason (i.e. life balance) or folks that are laying low and waiting it out. Nothing wrong with this strategy but the people who are proactive will leave or have left. It's just a matter of time.

The greater problems lie within the incompetent L6 folks who can talk circles into making it appear that they are important and value added to any efforts. Those people are still around when they should have been let go.

The other problem is the incompetent L5s and above that is allowing the dead weights to be around and not crack the whip. Instead, the are allowing or aiding the decision to let go of people who are true contributors.

I'm just sitting on the side lines waiting to see it implode. One project at a time...

I gave almost 8 years of my professional career to Quest. I enjoyed seven good years working with great people. I hated the last year. It sucked the life out of me and everyone around me. I'm glad to be gone and to find another company and I.T. group whom appreciates my contributions.

My word of advice for the folks who are still around is to look elsewhere for employment. Take control of your fate and don't allow Quest to run you into the ground. There's nothing left but a wasteland of stupidity and incompetence.
I can so relate to what you have said. I'm just buying my time and looking for a way out. I use to love my job and I felt a since of loyalty to Quest. Not anymore.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

I was in Marketing and I totally agree. There were so many great years and then it all went down hill. I was in one of the "different directions" initiatives and was on the street. For six months I was looking for a job and thought my future was bleak. I was hired by a small firm that is like a family and cares about the welfare of the employee. In retrospect, my "release" was probably the best thing that could have happened. There are other options, but it may take time to find the right one.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Quest IT Outsourcing

Quote:
I can so relate to what you have said. I'm just buying my time and looking for a way out. I use to love my job and I felt a since of loyalty to Quest. Not anymore.

Amen to that!, after 25 years I too felt a loyalty to Quest now I cheer when I hear Lab corp has once again taken over another account. I'm on my second interview and hope this is my final escape from this shit hole of a company, its a shell of its former self and the incompetence in the leadership baffles me everyday. The people chosen to lead couldn't find their way out of a closet with the door open and a flashlight. I get emails from the executive director with misspelled words, bad grammar, improperly formatted. Idiots, where is the exit?.
Once IT hits the skids were done, clients will not and do not have to put up with that, bye bye Quest, SR and EC you win the prize for destroying a once great company, no surprise you have not heard a peep about the employee surveys.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Anonymous

I worked in the database area for a good dude named Jeff. In my 20 months all we tried to do was help and get the job done the right way. 55-70 hours a week with on call it was a heavy work load. Now at a different company working 40 hours and making more $$. Most management today is ruining companies across the nation! They don't work hard nor do they have any strategy for 'down the road'. It is all about the $$ folks. Until we get rid of money, we will never progress and I don't have the answer. Stop paying these aholes big salaries and we might get some work done. (Won't be in my lifetime). Just my opinion... Good luck to my excellent IT brothers! I miss kicking some a$$ with you guys!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Anonymous

At one point, I too, was working 60-70 hours a week to help back fill open positions and ramp up new hires in my group. My days started anywhere from 5:30am to 11pm. I did it out of a strong work ethic to ensure the projects kept progressing in the absence of resources and to ensure that the new hire(s) had the time and attention to get acclimated to our complex business and systems.

When it came to my mid-year review, my manager told me that I didn't know how to manage my time... My feedback to my manager was that I should have delegated the new hire ramp up to my reports. My response was that the staff was already or close to 100% booked on efforts and that I had already leveraged where I could. My manager wasn't happy to hear this and told me I needed to push my people more. I was beyond livid to hear this. I got not much of a response when I asked her how much more do I push before I begin to burn people out?

What makes it worse is that QDX ended up putting the the open position on hold so I was stuck with the same work load and less staff.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
At one point, I too, was working 60-70 hours a week to help back fill open positions and ramp up new hires in my group. My days started anywhere from 5:30am to 11pm. I did it out of a strong work ethic to ensure the projects kept progressing in the absence of resources and to ensure that the new hire(s) had the time and attention to get acclimated to our complex business and systems.

When it came to my mid-year review, my manager told me that I didn't know how to manage my time... My feedback to my manager was that I should have delegated the new hire ramp up to my reports. My response was that the staff was already or close to 100% booked on efforts and that I had already leveraged where I could. My manager wasn't happy to hear this and told me I needed to push my people more. I was beyond livid to hear this. I got not much of a response when I asked her how much more do I push before I begin to burn people out?

What makes it worse is that QDX ended up putting the the open position on hold so I was stuck with the same work load and less staff.
This seems to be the same story with a lot of Quest employees. My question is, were you labeled a negative whiner for pointing out the issues? That is a very popular response for those that dare to say anything.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Anonymous

Seeing how quest is close to 20 years behind the curve in EVERY aspect of their enterprise, I am not surprised they are trying outsourcing again, people seem to forget they tried this about 5 years ago on a limited basis... it was a horrible experience for everyone involved.

I work there, I will more then likely be loosing my job. It is going to be a scary time for me and my family... and I will pray for bad things to happen to bad people, but I will land another job. I will stop including these dildo's in my prayers and life will continue.

When a company the size of quest says repeatedly "We are not an IT company", as if they fail to realize that in this day and age... EVERYTHING IS IT... They are making the company look lean, then going to pawn it off to the highest bidder. Meanwhile, I will be driving around to all the quest owned buildings to strip out the copper so I can feed my family.

Time to file a sexual harassment case, SR touched me... I can prove it.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Quest IT Outsourcing

When is "The Mexican" arriving?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Outsourcing is rapidly expanding at Quest Diagnostics. And no - this is not a rumor. The first round is TCS replacing 150 developer positions. Infrastructure is already being targeted as the next round (but quite clearly not waiting on the first round to complete) with a second consulting company (I forget who they are using but not TCS for the infrastructure outsourcing). IT Infrastructure meaning the teams that keep the hardware running that supports the applications such as OS teams, DB teams, Network teams, etc...
As one of the previous posters states - selling the company is the only thing that makes sense here. The complexity of these systems is not something that can be understated. The company is getting rid of people that have 10~25 years experience. Many people have been here a very long time and have a huge amount of business knowledge and knowledge on the particular systems they work on. This is not knowledge that is all written down in documents - it is in people's heads. Even if people cooperate in outsourcing their own position (in order to get the compensation package) it is just not possible to transfer years of experience and knowledge to somebody else in a couple weeks.
The company balance sheet will look good in the next 6~18 months. After that my projection is the rapidly falling apart systems will drive clients (ie - doctors and doctor groups) quite rapidly so as to cause the year-end closing numbers for 2014 to start looking dismal. Which is quite likely obvious even to an idiot so probably look for the company to be sold summer of 2014.
I hope the new CEO is happy with the millions he will be making by putting so many families out of a good paying job.
Well said...and applies to far more than IT
Old 09-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Anonymous

Not to mention that they are not replacing many of the people on the infrastructure teams on a one-for-one basis, but with fewer people. One guy told me that Wipro has only slotted 60-75% of the headcount for a few teams he was aware of.

So, too short timeframe to transfer years of undocumented knowledge + fewer newbies doing the work that more people did before = ??

Hard to see how they are planning for long-term viability, unless of course they so totally have their heads up their asses that they believe every corner of IT has become so commoditized that they have convinced themselves this can work.

They just might be that stupid. Either way, it's not likely to have a happy ending.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:52 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
This seems to be the same story with a lot of Quest employees. My question is, were you labeled a negative whiner for pointing out the issues? That is a very popular response for those that dare to say anything.
I wasn't labeled as a whiner, at least not directly to my face. However, I was labeled as negative and condescending when I pointed out the incompetency of those peer around me. (After growing tired of dealing with the stupidity...) It was viewed as a personal attack on the folks I pointed out rather than "input/feedback" on where or what was broken.

The irony is that some of these very people are managing even more people now for QDX. I feel sorry for the direct reports....
Old 09-06-2013, 08:41 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I wasn't labeled as a whiner, at least not directly to my face. However, I was labeled as negative and condescending when I pointed out the incompetency of those peer around me. (After growing tired of dealing with the stupidity...) It was viewed as a personal attack on the folks I pointed out rather than "input/feedback" on where or what was broken.

The irony is that some of these very people are managing even more people now for QDX. I feel sorry for the direct reports....

This attitude is everywhere if you are not behaving like a stepford wife your negative. These idiot incompetent managers, ooops I mean "directors" want a cheer leading squad to keep telling them the ship is not sinking despite the water is up to their noses. No sense is in trying to make sense out of this pile of shit its time to exit and leave the ruins. Everyone that I know that has left has felt a tremendous sense of relief and has never regretted it.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
This attitude is everywhere if you are not behaving like a stepford wife your negative. These idiot incompetent managers, ooops I mean "directors" want a cheer leading squad to keep telling them the ship is not sinking despite the water is up to their noses. No sense is in trying to make sense out of this pile of shit its time to exit and leave the ruins. Everyone that I know that has left has felt a tremendous sense of relief and has never regretted it.
Yes, it is a relief and a calming effect as well. One of the ex-QDX PMs told me it took almost 2 months to mentally break 'free' from the anguish she felt after leaving.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
It is no surprise that Quest would outsource. Outsource will probably do a better job with half the people because at least they will have people working. Not like the current Quest IT that is never in the office. working from home if you think. or 200 TOP days a year and only put in 20.
The BYOD so they can answer the phone/emails from the golf course or the mall or wherever else you hide.

You guys did it to yourselves.

Now see if your next job will tolerate the laziness.
Even if they let everyone go at the end of the week , End users would not even notice
Very nice VAGUE GENERALITY, Well Done!!
I CURRENTLY work as part of the Quest IT, I am in the office 8-5 M-F, and have gone BYOD.
I make it a point to "PUT PATIENTS FIRST" Patients being my customer, or user.
While i understand that you were only trying to make a point, try doing so without making wide sweeping vague generalities that are inaccurate and potentially insulting.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yes, it is a relief and a calming effect as well. One of the ex-QDX PMs told me it took almost 2 months to mentally break 'free' from the anguish she felt after leaving.
You know I heard the same thing from another past employee they stated once I left and I hope its soon I would detox and I would have no idea how traumatized I was until I left. I hear this over and over again. Again, why do we work for quest? Their salary sucks, no leadership, no respect, they only want numbers there is no such thing as loyalty.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Anonymous

Smile Re: Quest IT Outsourcing

Quote:
That is silly. Xanax would have saved you the 2 months.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Quest IT Outsourcing

SR and his team have a presentation this week. I wonder if he will let the BUFFOON speak, especially off script? I will have popcorn hoping to hear the BUFFOON make a jackass of himself again.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Anonymous

Grumble Re: Quest IT Outsourcing

Quote:
SR and his team have a presentation this week. I wonder if he will let the BUFFOON speak, especially off script? I will have popcorn hoping to hear the BUFFOON make a jackass of himself again.
Honestly I have to say I am not sure who you are referring to. Three names come immediately to mind. All of which could easily be called BUFFOONs who should not be allowed to speak at all - forget about off script.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
That is silly. Xanax would have saved you the 2 months.
So basically, you are saying that QDX can drive one to be medicated....
Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Anonymous

Heard through the grapevine that the QDX management team is worried with the lack of INF resources remaining to support the business and projects. Apparently, INF resources are giving notice at a faster rate than 'expected' so there hasn't been enough time to do the 'knowledge transfer' or cover for projects...Hahahahaha!!!!

Was it hard to figure out that people would leave this crummy job and poor management team when they were told they wouldn't have a job in 90 days or less?...Come on....
Old 09-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Heard through the grapevine that the QDX management team is worried with the lack of INF resources remaining to support the business and projects. Apparently, INF resources are giving notice at a faster rate than 'expected' so there hasn't been enough time to do the 'knowledge transfer' or cover for projects...Hahahahaha!!!!

Was it hard to figure out that people would leave this crummy job and poor management team when they were told they wouldn't have a job in 90 days or less?...Come on....
Hmmm... I wonder why that could be. Maybe JH was wrong in thinking that the severance was the retention bonus. I'm also amazed to see so many retained people come to the realization that they should get out now, rather than try to hang on to a shell of a former good company or for an allusive severance check that they will never see. Kudos.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Anonymous

Yawn Re: Quest IT Outsourcing

Quote:

What a surprise. Shocking. Never would have seen this coming. Totally unexpected.

BTW - Any mention of TCS/Wipro (not) coming up to speed?

It would also be interesting to know how many confirmed employee "rehires" have been jointly agreed to by TCS/Quest/Employee vs how many hard offers TCS has extended? Not sure if Wipro is at that point yet?
Old 09-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Anonymous

Quote:

BTW - Any mention of TCS/Wipro (not) coming up to speed?
Yes, multiple mentions.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Anonymous

Question Re: Quest IT Outsourcing

We'll have to see what this "IT Update" call is all about today
Old 09-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I thought this was a company wide lecture and not specific to IT ?
Old 09-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I thought the IT Update call was only for those being retained by Quest? I did not get an invite, while someone else who I know is being retained did...

Anyone brave enough to post the dial in info?
Old 09-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I thought the IT Update call was only for those being retained by Quest? I did not get an invite, while someone else who I know is being retained did...

Anyone brave enough to post the dial in info?
Specifically, I am referring to the IT Update call for retained folks at 3:00pm EDT today - NOT the SR call at 11:00am. I think the former would be much more interesting to listen to... <snicker>
Old 09-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Hmmm... I wonder why that could be. Maybe JH was wrong in thinking that the severance was the retention bonus. I'm also amazed to see so many retained people come to the realization that they should get out now, rather than try to hang on to a shell of a former good company or for an allusive severance check that they will never see. Kudos.
JH is thrilled when people leave before collecting a retention bonus - it just gets him a bigger bonus. Its a safe bet that there is nothing in his compensation package that is impacted by actual operations performance, and he'll blame whoever's retained for whatever negative results. He's made it clear he's only here for a couple more years, then hopes to join bunch of Boards of Directors... so inspiring.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Specifically, I am referring to the IT Update call for retained folks at 3:00pm EDT today - NOT the SR call at 11:00am. I think the former would be much more interesting to listen to... <snicker>
Ok. Can somebody who was on the 3:00 PM call spill the beans?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Anonymous

Nervous Re: Quest IT Outsourcing

I was told I was being retained, but I didn't get invited to a 3:00pm call.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Ok. Can somebody who was on the 3:00 PM call spill the beans?
It was mostly a Q&A session for people being retained. Also blabbed about how things will get better as time goes on and how things are going to be so much better.

They scheduled two more for 10/02 & 10/23.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Quest IT Outsourcing

hay is quest looking to buy shiels lab in brooklyn
Old 09-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
It was mostly a Q&A session for people being retained. Also blabbed about how things will get better as time goes on and how things are going to be so much better.

They scheduled two more for 10/02 & 10/23.
It's going to be infinitely better ... for those of us who are getting the axe.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Anonymous

There are jobs available outside of Quest. Depending on your area of specialty you might even be able to get a modest raise out of it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: