» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Pharma Sales Jobs

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Valeant Pharmaceuticals
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Valeant Pharmaceuticals Anonymous board for Valeant Pharmaceuticals

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Anonymous

Argue Valeant acquiring Bausch-Lomb

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...usch-lomb.html
Old 05-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Valeant acquiring Bausch-Lomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
lol. Well, Baush-Lomb employees are completely fucked, and so that s their former company.
:-[
Old 05-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Anonymous

I am current B&L employee and obviously worried about this deal. I have a serious question. How are the benefits? Medical, retirement, vacation? We have it good right now but I am really worried. Thanks for any honest and objective feedback.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
I am current B&L employee and obviously worried about this deal. I have a serious question. How are the benefits? Medical, retirement, vacation? We have it good right now but I am really worried. Thanks for any honest and objective feedback.
Do not worry, as long as you gain employment someplace else real soon, you will do just fine.
If you plan to stay with Valeant, they WILL FUCK YOU OVER BIG TIME.
This is honest and straight forward feedback to you.
Best of luck, and please take my come ts dead seriously.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Do not worry, as long as you gain employment someplace else real soon, you will do just fine.
If you plan to stay with Valeant, they WILL FUCK YOU OVER BIG TIME.
This is honest and straight forward feedback to you.
Best of luck, and please take my come ts dead seriously.
Thanks for a quick and honest reply. Any specifics as to why you feel this way? Again genuine question. Hard for me to change jobs as I have only been here under a year.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Thanks for a quick and honest reply. Any specifics as to why you feel this way? Again genuine question. Hard for me to change jobs as I have only been here under a year.
You are welcome, and again, I urge you to take heed...
Get out of there NOW, rather than later.
I speak from my own experience.
As well as many others I have worked with after Valeant took over Biovail.

If you have been at Baush-Lomb for less than a year, even better! Cut your losses NOW and get out.

Again, I have nothing to gain from telling you this, just trying to give some honest advice to spare you the misery....
Old 05-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Anonymous

Since you've been through this before - how much time passes before it starts sucking it up after acquisition? Curious how much time I got. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Since you've been through this before - how much time passes before it starts sucking it up after acquisition? Curious how much time I got. Thanks.
Layoffs will start immediately after takeover. Mostly in B&L, but also in Valeant. Those scumbags have no loyalty towards anyone.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Anonymous

true...it happened with Dermik and Medicis after acquisition
Old 05-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
true...it happened with Dermik and Medicis after acquisition
I literally was let go after the Medicis acquisition and I only worked for Valeant for 2 months. Listen to the others. Valeant doesn't care for you.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Seriously?

Dude you are out. You should be asking about severance, not benefits. How naive.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:40 PM
Anonymous

I would stick it out and do the best job you can. I am sure it will work out for you if you just sit tight, pray, and don't make waves. That didn't work for 300+ Medicis employees, but that was different, unlike you.
Good luck!
Old 05-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Layoffs will start immediately after takeover. Mostly in B&L, but also in Valeant. Those scumbags have no loyalty towards anyone.
The lucky people who are left are expected to do the work of 5 people.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Anonymous

The outcome will be worse than you can imagine! The CEO Mike Pearson is a "big fat" liar told Medicis employees, "there will be more of you here this time next year than in New Jersey". Medicis building is almost empty! They are cruel and lack any compassion for human beings. Pearson called the Medicis employees "spoiled". The worst is come start looking now!! Valeant prides themselves on treating employees bad. Read all the post everyone is TRUE.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Seriously?

Dude you are out. You should be asking about severance, not benefits. How naive.
I won't get any severance. I have been here less than a year.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Anonymous

Suggest you start looking for another job and have something lined up for when Valeant does lay off. At least 70% of Medicis was given 3 days notice day of close - no matter how good they were. A lot more people have been let go or left on their own since then. Some departments were totally obliterated. You never know you may be one of the few that stay but expect everything to be different. Find out if you will be getting a severance it is sometimes required by law if there is a mass layoff. Either that or 60 days notice but they may just pay out instead of giving notice. Lesson - don't put all of your eggs in one basket. It will not hurt to start looking now.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Well, then you have nothing to lose. Except for the 5 jobs Valeant will demand you do for the pay of 1, should you be unlucky enough to be one of the few that they decide to keep around.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Time is up. They are already sharpening the knives as I type this.
Hack & slash is what Valeant does.....it is ALL they know how to do.
If I were you I would just stop going in to work. Unless you want your soul sucked out of your body by Valeant Corporation, which is really just a legal business entity designed for the sole purpose of creating a cash flow for Lucifer/Satan and his business enterprise called Hell.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Anonymous

What kind of severance did they give Medicis employees? As in, if Valeant follows the same formula with B+L, what should we expect for severance?
Also, why would they NOT keep Vision Care contact lens/solution reps? Too much for a pharma rep to add on contacts and viceversa... ?
Old 05-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Anonymous

Unhappy Re: Valeant acquiring Bausch-Lomb

Listen up B&L Employees. RUN as fast as you can. Valeant HR goons under Stolz will be prepositioned in parking lot hours before close. One minute after close they will walk in and ask to you to line up and one by one in an open room hand out black folders telling you you are trash and severed w 60 days pay BUT get out within three days to most. You will have your badges and PC sign on deactivated and reprogramming will begin. Your company gym will be closed, the cleaning staff will be cut to one person, the restrooms locked and reduced to one for a huge building. The food will be downgraded to prison fare bologna and the equipment in lunchroom (coke machine) will break and not be repaired.

Those 5 percent not cashiered w black folders will then be demoted and salaries cut as you are told to do the work of four fired co-workers since you should be glad to have a job. This same pattern has happened 26 times and most recently at Medicis and Obagi. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Please shut up and get off our team! WE all can't stand you, you are pushy rude and disrespectful to your tenured teammates! So take your unprofessional, inexperienced sorry miss know it all ass and attitude and get out! Go back from where you came from.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Please shut up and get off our team! WE all can't stand you, you are pushy rude and disrespectful to your tenured teammates! So take your unprofessional, inexperienced sorry miss know it all ass and attitude and get out! Go back from where you came from.
wow, what a sad excuse for a professional!

To the original poster, as the industry consolidates, there are companies that dont handle things in the most compassionate way. As you have been with the company for a short time, you may not be the "type" they would let go first. Good luck to you!
Old 05-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Looks someone could use some counseling! I'm guessing from the post and the eloquence of expression, it's someone from Bridgewater. Welcome to Valeant....
Old 05-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Anonymous

B&L Employees: Every single post here is true - VRX reported to the press that 200 Medicis employees were layed off when the number was actually 319 (70%); approximately 75 were retained for a short time during the "integration" period, all of those are now gone. Of those chosen to say, more are leaving on their own every week - NO-ONE is replaced - if you're selected to stay, you WILL be doing the jobs of at least 3-4 people. Do yourself a favor: don't wait for close - start looking now.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Valeant acquiring Bausch-Lomb

Valeant only keeps the losers who do not argue and then they can't meet goals they hire 25 year old sales and R & D for 44 k plus benefits !!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Anonymous

Another company being acquired to keep the charade going. We must keep hitting those top line revenues and the only way to do that is keep buying. The bottom line is a disaster. How quickly they had to move on B&L after the Activis deal fell through. There is no way the proper due diligence is being done on these companies prior to acquisition. Valeant is over paying again. Stories will be written about this disaster one day. For now people are just amazed by the stock performance. Just wait. The end result will be a nightmare.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
What kind of severance did they give Medicis employees? As in, if Valeant follows the same formula with B+L, what should we expect for severance?
Also, why would they NOT keep Vision Care contact lens/solution reps? Too much for a pharma rep to add on contacts and viceversa... ?
When they announce the deal, Pearson will announce the cost synergies he expects to get in the deal. From there, the Mckinsey consultants come in and go through the salaries and strip out the company until Pearson's target is hit. The head office will be Obliterated with the exception of some marketing and senior management positions, on the sales side, the majority of the sales force and managers will be let go. The existing reps will be expected to cover larger territories with less resources and hit higher targets. That is exactly what will happen!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
When they announce the deal, Pearson will announce the cost synergies he expects to get in the deal. From there, the Mckinsey consultants come in and go through the salaries and strip out the company until Pearson's target is hit. The head office will be Obliterated with the exception of some marketing and senior management positions, on the sales side, the majority of the sales force and managers will be let go. The existing reps will be expected to cover larger territories with less resources and hit higher targets. That is exactly what will happen!
Exactly.

And I sure hope no one you know has any prescriptions and/or uses ANYTHING Valeant makes, because the exact same thing happens to ALL Valeant manufactured products in their manufacturing facilities.
Good luck with all that!
Just think about that for a second or two.....
Old 05-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Medicis employees got a pretty good severance but this was not due to Valeant this was ALL Medicis taking care of their employees. Two weeks for every year you worked and COBRA paid for the same timeframe. Stock vested. Check the WARN Act there are laws that do protect employees.

Keep in mind Medicis employees came in to work on Dec 11, 2012 to a mass email stating we would know our fate by the end of the day, email was not signed! Greater than 3/4 of employees were given a "black folder" and told Dec 14, 2012 was their last day. There was a verbal agreement with senior management that ALL employees would be kept until Feb 15, 2013. Valeant did not honor this agreement. The whole process was a complete disorganized mess. JUST REMEMBER WHEN A VALEANT EMPLOYEES LIPS ARE MOVING THEY ARE NOT SPEAKING THE TRUTH!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Medicis employees got a pretty good severance but this was not due to Valeant this was ALL Medicis taking care of their employees. Two weeks for every year you worked and COBRA paid for the same timeframe. Stock vested. Check the WARN Act there are laws that do protect employees.

Keep in mind Medicis employees came in to work on Dec 11, 2012 to a mass email stating we would know our fate by the end of the day, email was not signed! Greater than 3/4 of employees were given a "black folder" and told Dec 14, 2012 was their last day. There was a verbal agreement with senior management that ALL employees would be kept until Feb 15, 2013. Valeant did not honor this agreement. The whole process was a complete disorganized mess. JUST REMEMBER WHEN A VALEANT EMPLOYEES LIPS ARE MOVING THEY ARE NOT SPEAKING THE TRUTH!

ALl you need to do is check with former acquired company employees. Biovail, Medicis, Afexa (cold FX) and many many others. The word "synergies" is the phrase that means downsizing. THere is no heart in Valeant - and it will be swift and ruthless. Protect your own interests forget about loyalties....succession plan yourself ASAP. This is the cold hard truth...
Old 05-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Anonymous

I'm a B & L Employee, soon to be a Valeant employee, soon to be fired ?
Old 05-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Anonymous

While I fully expect there will be layoffs, they don't have a salesforce really in eye care only a few reps...They are going to need some of us... what they are offering for ophthalmology openings now is 85-90k base with 40k bonus
Old 05-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Regardless what department you are in, there is a 99% chance you will be laid-off. As stated by lots of other people in this post, if you are one of the un-lucky ones to remain you will be expected to do the work of 4-5 people. You will be constantly harassed and stress-out to meet their unrealistic goals. Advised to start looking right away.
I was laid-off from Valeant, but lucky enough to find a much better job for a lot more money and 0% stress. So FU VALEANT!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
For most of you, your tenure as a Valeant employee will be brief. Don't fool yourself into thinking your position is essential to Valeant. McKinsey is in charge of all acquisitions and these goons will not apply any thoughtful analysis to your contribution to the organization. You are a number on a spreadsheet, next to a salary that will be evaluated against the need to meet Mike's "cost synergies". Sorry if this sounds harsh - but it's the truth. Don't try to apply logic to their business strategy, they have no interest in growing or even maintaining the current business - it's all about manipulating the stock price.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Does the word 'fired' begin with the letter 'F'.....
IF YES, THEN 'F' U is what Valeant will do.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
While I fully expect there will be layoffs, they don't have a salesforce really in eye care only a few reps...They are going to need some of us... what they are offering for ophthalmology openings now is 85-90k base with 40k bonus
What, are you a fucking dumbass? Have you not read the previous posts in this thread?
YOU ARE FUCKED. Valeant is already finished with you. It is all about making their stock price look good in the short term, day by day.
Sorry, but you are DONE.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Valeant only keeps the losers who do not argue and then they can't meet goals they hire 25 year old sales and R & D for 44 k plus benefits !!
From your lips to God's ears, as a shareholder this is great. Every time the company does what you described, its good for a 10% pop in the share price.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
From your lips to God's ears, as a shareholder this is great. Every time the company does what you described, its good for a 10% pop in the share price.
Yes, but for how long? This company and others like it are destroying the industry - and this country. Short term profits over long term stability will eventually lead to a state of decline - you obviously have no children or you would give a shit about the future. Disgusting.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Anonymous

Do you think they have any interest in the Surgical division?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
You will get severence - they round up to the nearest year. But it may only be 2 weeks.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yes, they have always wanted surgical and devices. They will certainly fight to keep that division.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Anonymous

All is well, please hang tight until we get a chance to decide who to fire, I mean time to deterimine who are the best.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Yes! Valeant has great interest in taking apart the surgical division with swift and decisive cuts, with almost surgical like precision!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:57 PM
Anonymous

surgical reps should be fine except maybe for some redunancy in major areas. for people that don't know IOL sales, you can't just cut those reps and hand the products to pharma reps. You have to know how to implant the device and instruct doctors in surgery. You cut your most tenured there and the business is gone. bet on that.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:13 PM
Anonymous

What about people in vision care? We know corporate is all toast but what about people at the plant level?
Old 06-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
What about people in vision care? We know corporate is all toast but what about people at the plant level?
Clean out your lockers. Plant level is done. Finished. Gone.
Except for the handful they keep which are expected to achieve the productivity of about 1000 people, no questions asked.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
surgical reps should be fine except maybe for some redunancy in major areas. for people that don't know IOL sales, you can't just cut those reps and hand the products to pharma reps. You have to know how to implant the device and instruct doctors in surgery. You cut your most tenured there and the business is gone. bet on that.
A dancing monkey with 2 days training could do your job, a 25 year old with no experience will be doing your job for a 45k base and will work harder than you.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
A dancing monkey with 2 days training could do your job, a 25 year old with no experience will be doing your job for a 45k base and will work harder than you.
exactly
Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Valeant acquiring Bausch-Lomb

You can thank Warburg Pincus LLC for selling out B&L. They are going to take down a 150 year old company in a few strokes of the pen. Thank you Mr 'Wall Street', I hope you get yours someday!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
you obviously don't know surgical IOL sales. Top IOL reps make 300K. At the apex a few years ago, cyrstal lens reps made 500K.

It's not pharma. Most pharma reps never even get a shot at IOL sales. those that do usually suck and get fired.

so you're an idiot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: