for daily banking news and anonymous message boards, check out the new site cafebanking.com


» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Eli Lilly
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

WTF this is the sign to jump off ship!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

And the countless other signs weren't?

Just expect to be given a Satisfactory rating BUT only get 90% of that bonus.

Can't believe a FDE complains about not getting a bonus ... they should be lucky and thankful they have what they have.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

This is all part of John's legacy. He is just not a leader nor is he a capable CEO.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Hi guys -- I'm a reporter with Bloomberg News. We'd like to see a copy of the announcement about raises. Can somebody send me a copy or post one here? I'm at darmstrong17(at)bloomberg(dot)net. Feel free to google my name to check that I'm legit.

-Drew Armstrong, US Pharma Industry Reporter, Bloomberg News
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Angry Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

John seems to have plenty of money to travel the world, redecorate LCC with ugly brickwork and hire more people to replace the ones layed off 3 yrs ago - figures. Wonder where he learned accounting. Just hopeless.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Talking Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Oh well, at least we have Reveli, the track and the soccer field!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Lol Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Never fear, Neri is almost here!! Lilly is the undisputed King of Norepinephrine!! Ha ha ha!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

This is the last thing they will do before they start cutting headcount again. I would not hesitate to guess that a headcount reduction will occur in December. They are obviously not doing it as a corporate restructure this time. They are pushing the order down to each department to play the musical chairs.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the other pharmaceutical companies will follow this example???
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

it's sad to say, the writing is on the wall. Time to get out of pharma while you can. Take this next year while you are still safe to polish your resume, take a class or two and get your ass out of pharma because the future is filled with much of the same and layoffs upon layoffs. People over 45, get out now, because it will be quite hard to get a job if you are laid off in your mid 50's and those folks under 40, time to get out as well and maximize your overall experience. This industry is not long for this world. It sucks fearing for your job every couple of years.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Do the math. This is the equivalent of any pension you might get.

Top performers like me would get max raise. Say 7-11K. The Piddly $700-$1000 per month in pension does not cover it if well invested.

Again, do a future value calculation and see that this is a career ending event. 2 out of the last 3 years of no increases. You just lost your butt!!

If you are in your 50's, get out now!!

Spread the wealth, reward non performance. And encourage the performers to keep a "stiff upper lip" for the greater good.

LIBERALISM. I am sick of it!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

GM retirees have had their pensions chipped away at for years. Not sure our pensions will even be what's been promised.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
WTF this is the sign to jump off ship!!!
Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse they cut our pay raises.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This is the last thing they will do before they start cutting headcount again. I would not hesitate to guess that a headcount reduction will occur in December. They are obviously not doing it as a corporate restructure this time. They are pushing the order down to each department to play the musical chairs.
Who will be first in December?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Who will be first in December?
definitely DCRT. Chemistry is "self-deporting"... from below and above.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Yawn Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Never fear, Neri is almost here!! Lilly is the undisputed King of Norepinephrine!! Ha ha ha!
The ad. copy for NERI LXVIII will be: "Crazy Jonny here...we don't wanna sell drugs, we just wanna make norepi. reuptake inhibitors...har...HARR HARRR!"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Crying Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Have no fear--Nary a new product is here! OH NO!!! Will, Penny....save me from this HIDEOUS PATENT EXPIRATION CREATURE...ooOOOh....the PAIN...the PAIN!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-18-2013, 02:10 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Wow, i feel really motavated now to bust my ass developing new drugs. Been working 12 hour days for a few years and no raise to a least say "that a boy"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-18-2013, 04:33 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Party Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Wow, i feel really motavated now to bust my ass developing new drugs. Been working 12 hour days for a few years and no raise to a least say "that a boy"
"Please, accept this valued spot-award certificate entitling you to one (1) scoop of faux-baconbits at the Maul Cafeteria, to sprinkle amidst and onto the brown and/or grey gravy laden meat product of your choosing." King Johnny Cakes Lech-Liar.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-18-2013, 04:37 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Crying Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
"Please, accept this valued spot-award certificate entitling you to one (1) scoop of faux-baconbits at the Maul Cafeteria, to sprinkle amidst and onto the brown and/or grey gravy laden meat product of your choosing." King Johnny Cakes Lech-Liar.
...That thar is the Gift that Keeps on Givin'!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-18-2013, 04:42 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Have no fear--Nary a new product is here! OH NO!!! Will, Penny....save me from this HIDEOUS PATENT EXPIRATION CREATURE...ooOOOh....the PAIN...the PAIN!
"Spare me your odious pay-freezes, you addlepated Appalachian automaton!" Dr. LundSmithberg
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
it's sad to say, the writing is on the wall. Time to get out of pharma while you can. Take this next year while you are still safe to polish your resume, take a class or two and get your ass out of pharma because the future is filled with much of the same and layoffs upon layoffs. People over 45, get out now, because it will be quite hard to get a job if you are laid off in your mid 50's and those folks under 40, time to get out as well and maximize your overall experience. This industry is not long for this world. It sucks fearing for your job every couple of years.
While what I'm about to write is not about the pharma industry, it's what you can expect at Lilly in the future.

Layoffs upon layoffs and no pay increases has been the norm at IBM for more than 15 years now. Morale has been in the crapper since I dont know when.

The unbelievable thing is IBM has been profitable during that entire time.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Afraid I won't sell my house with so many on the market
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

American DCRT is a goner for certain. They already had the Chinese theft going on and overreacted to that without cutting the ties to those MoFos. They are still throwing big money at China. Why? Because they can hire 5 Chinese for the cost of 1 American. They figure that is a much better deal than even a little theft. They can stand that. The goal is to pass the immigration bill and bring the Chinese over so they can better keep an eye on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
definitely DCRT. Chemistry is "self-deporting"... from below and above.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

It is called "cutting expenses" and you won't see a CEO staying with a stagnant salary/package.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Do the math. This is the equivalent of any pension you might get.

Top performers like me would get max raise. Say 7-11K. The Piddly $700-$1000 per month in pension does not cover it if well invested.

Again, do a future value calculation and see that this is a career ending event. 2 out of the last 3 years of no increases. You just lost your butt!!

If you are in your 50's, get out now!!

Spread the wealth, reward non performance. And encourage the performers to keep a "stiff upper lip" for the greater good.

LIBERALISM. I am sick of it!!
Yeah blame liberals for the fact that Lilly hasn't addressed patent expirations and developed new meds to cover the impending losses, or the fact that Lilly executive compensation keeps rising. Of course liberals had everything to do with this, put your mouth back on the exhaust pipe and turn Hannity up real loud, it will all be over soon.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
It is called "cutting expenses" and you won't see a CEO staying with a stagnant salary/package.
Yes, you definitely wont see a CEO's salary package stay stagnant. If anything, their performance bar will be LOWERED.

Do you know how corporations justify lowering the performance bar for exec's? It's easy! Big corporations simply claim that they "cant afford to lose their top talent." The reasoning is, if they raised the exec's performance bar, and the exec's goals were not attained, then the exec's would get pissed off and leave the company.

Do you think YOUR performance goals will be lowered?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Hi guys -- I'm a reporter with Bloomberg News. We'd like to see a copy of the announcement about raises. Can somebody send me a copy or post one here? I'm at darmstrong17(at)bloomberg(dot)net. Feel free to google my name to check that I'm legit.

-Drew Armstrong, US Pharma Industry Reporter, Bloomberg News
Drew ask why Lilly doesn't cut the stock dividend or at least don't increase it for a year and instead cut the throats of their employees.

Next will be healthcare coverage cuts and increases they didn't pass onto us last year.

Ask why John doesn't do a $1 salary and take only stock options as his salary for the next 2 years?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Drew ask why Lilly doesn't cut the stock dividend or at least don't increase it for a year and instead cut the throats of their employees.

Next will be healthcare coverage cuts and increases they didn't pass onto us last year.

Ask why John doesn't do a $1 salary and take only stock options as his salary for the next 2 years?
First off, why would the CEO HAVE to take a $1 salary cut when he can cut you or your benefits? Besides, he knows salvation is just a breath away after paying off Congress to pass the immigration bill. He can breathe a sigh of relief once that is done. All that is left is for you to teach your replacement.

Healthcare benefits will be up next. They will try that before the layoffs. That still won't get them where they want to be. They just want to say they've tried everything before the reallocations. They know that is coming. Changes are done quarterly now. They have a list of things to do per quarter and they still have Six Sigmas out there looking for ways to cut scientists now.

They should just offer up severance packages. Let people take them. I bet many would at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Buyout packages are too expensive and a lot of $ put out up front. They will never do it.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yeah blame liberals for the fact that Lilly hasn't addressed patent expirations and developed new meds to cover the impending losses, or the fact that Lilly executive compensation keeps rising. Of course liberals had everything to do with this, put your mouth back on the exhaust pipe and turn Hannity up real loud, it will all be over soon.
The only liberal I am blaming is the one at the top of the Lilly org chart!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

This is a re-run from 10 years ago during Year X. Freeze all salaries, your performance still counts once we get back to paying you again (by the way, back then, it completely did not count even though they said it would). CEO takes a symbolic $1 salary for the year and makes bank on stock grants. Unfortunately, Lilly is in a WAY worse position today than it was ten years ago!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Party Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

six sigma baby! lets have a diversity meeting and spend millions crackers
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yeah blame liberals for the fact that Lilly hasn't addressed patent expirations and developed new meds to cover the impending losses, or the fact that Lilly executive compensation keeps rising. Of course liberals had everything to do with this, put your mouth back on the exhaust pipe and turn Hannity up real loud, it will all be over soon.
So, what is liberalism?

I agree that the patent cliff is causing J. L. and his left winger cronies to spaz out.

It's because he doesn't know what to do. Just like like the genius in the white house now. Oh wait, he has to consult with Beyonce and Jay Z on fiscal policy. Or be briefed on what an HMO is before he rams "affordable care" though without being read by anyone.

They say to treat everyone the same, spread the wealth and just give a little more, J. L. is a huge unabashed Liberal who runs this company just like your buddy on Pennsylvania Ave. runs the country.

Performers should get a raise, and everyone else should go.......Oh, but that wouldn't be fair. Sorry, I have to remember who I work for. My Bad....

Nauseating....
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
six sigma baby! lets have a diversity meeting and spend millions crackers
"If I had a son like ........ he would look just like me". No diversity training needed here. I bet J.L. thought this was cool.

Both are idiots.....
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This is a re-run from 10 years ago during Year X. Freeze all salaries, your performance still counts once we get back to paying you again (by the way, back then, it completely did not count even though they said it would). CEO takes a symbolic $1 salary for the year and makes bank on stock grants. Unfortunately, Lilly is in a WAY worse position today than it was ten years ago!
Listen to this poster!!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This is a re-run from 10 years ago during Year X. Freeze all salaries, your performance still counts once we get back to paying you again (by the way, back then, it completely did not count even though they said it would). CEO takes a symbolic $1 salary for the year and makes bank on stock grants. Unfortunately, Lilly is in a WAY worse position today than it was ten years ago!
They will delay any sort of payout during the freeze - no matter how hard or successfully you work. Then when it's time to it pay people again - after the freeze - they will have amnesia and it will become "what have you done for me lately."
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Angry Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Just wait, our quarterly bonuses will be cut too! How many of you were rated lower than you had been in previous years? I would like to find out, please post. Lilly will be using your overall rating to determine your fifth payout. If you ended up not doing well in your YTD rankings you will automatically be rated low successful or unsatisfactory so Lilly won't have to pay much out for the fifth payout. They will heavily rate your rankings over your behaviors so it's in their favor and you can't say shit about it! So much for VBS, CVM or how you interact with your customers,. It's all about Lilly! Why wouldn't they say Lilly would be paying bonuses at a reduction of 10% what you normally would be paid. Instead they purposely rate you lower and it makes you mad as hell! I would rather tell us a truthful rating but tell us we would get paid at a percentage lower due to year YZ. This would make you feel more confidence in yourself better morale overall, and be more understanding about Lilly! FU Lilly! Upper management is a bunch of liars!!!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Fewer people who need severance in the next round if they push us out earlier through pressure or decreases in bonus.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

So who came up with this one?
Do we want engaged employees or disengaged?
So you have a large percentage of the sales force placed into positions they didn't want to be in and now you are not giving an increase and keep cutting bonuses. WOW, wait to keep us motivated. I really want to sell more.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-19-2013, 05:35 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Stop overreacting guys!

It is for one year, which in the grand scheme of things is a blip.

We will be steaming ahead again after 2014 once the new biologicals start coming to market and when we start beating our competitors assess.

Look out novo, look out pfizer, we will rise soon and when we do we're coming after you!!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Stop overreacting guys!

It is for one year, which in the grand scheme of things is a blip.

We will be steaming ahead again after 2014 once the new biologicals start coming to market and when we start beating our competitors assess.

Look out novo, look out pfizer, we will rise soon and when we do we're coming after you!!
"We will be the pharmaceutical growth company of the decade."
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Century YZ
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

All you have to do anymore to be a CEO is say dumbshit like that and never accomplish anything. Then, cut people as needed. Blame the workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
"We will be the pharmaceutical growth company of the decade."
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Yawn Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Stop overreacting guys!

It is for one year, which in the grand scheme of things is a blip.

We will be steaming ahead again after 2014 once the new biologicals start coming to market and when we start beating our competitors assess.

Look out novo, look out pfizer, we will rise soon and when we do we're coming after you!!
You prove LSD is helluva drug.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Stop overreacting guys!

It is for one year, which in the grand scheme of things is a blip.

We will be steaming ahead again after 2014 once the new biologicals start coming to market and when we start beating our competitors assess.

Look out novo, look out pfizer, we will rise soon and when we do we're coming after you!!
You are OUT-OF-YOUR-MIND if you think Lilly's biologicals will save the day. You must be listening to Bumol and his hapless followers. Which biologicals are those, specifically? The anti BAFF which is already sold by GSK and they get all of about 100 million/year? How about the anti-IL-17 which is behind three competitors? Oh, OK, you must mean some of those "bispecifics" ...dumbest idea yet, these have not even entered the clinic. The Amgens, Biogen-IDECs, and the rest of the real biotechs are laughing at our biotech pipeline.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

They don't want employees. They only want contractors and visas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
So who came up with this one?
Do we want engaged employees or disengaged?
So you have a large percentage of the sales force placed into positions they didn't want to be in and now you are not giving an increase and keep cutting bonuses. WOW, wait to keep us motivated. I really want to sell more.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You are OUT-OF-YOUR-MIND if you think Lilly's biologicals will save the day. You must be listening to Bumol and his hapless followers. Which biologicals are those, specifically? The anti BAFF which is already sold by GSK and they get all of about 100 million/year? How about the anti-IL-17 which is behind three competitors? Oh, OK, you must mean some of those "bispecifics" ...dumbest idea yet, these have not even entered the clinic. The Amgens, Biogen-IDECs, and the rest of the real biotechs are laughing at our biotech pipeline.
Dulaglutide is set to be a billion dollar a year drug pretty quickly post approval. It may not be first to market but it's phase 3 data shows that it is a better drug than those currently on the market. I expect this drug alone to become a 2 or possibly 3 billion drug over time. Indeed some of the other diabetes candidates coming behind it are even more impressive ( notwithstanding that there will be failures among these)

Then there are the other phase 3 candidates including sola...I know some will say this is a blind alley but I am of the opinion that it will get approval once the pending new trial. That will be a first to market drug and generate....hell you probably couldn't put a value on it as it would be huge.

Then further out there are the cancer candidate mabs

The sky isn't going to fall in!!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

I want what you are smoking. I bet you believed them in the past when they kept repeating the mantra, "We have the best pipeline in the industry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Dulaglutide is set to be a billion dollar a year drug pretty quickly post approval. It may not be first to market but it's phase 3 data shows that it is a better drug than those currently on the market. I expect this drug alone to become a 2 or possibly 3 billion drug over time. Indeed some of the other diabetes candidates coming behind it are even more impressive ( notwithstanding that there will be failures among these)

Then there are the other phase 3 candidates including sola...I know some will say this is a blind alley but I am of the opinion that it will get approval once the pending new trial. That will be a first to market drug and generate....hell you probably couldn't put a value on it as it would be huge.

Then further out there are the cancer candidate mabs

The sky isn't going to fall in!!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

The sky is not falling, because THE SKY NO LONGER EXISTS in Lillyvalia. Get. Out. Now.

Llyberalism: Deny that fairness, logic, reason and even success are open as options. Then, disappointment disappears overnight. As should you, assuming you desire a viable future.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.