» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads


Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Novartis
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Post Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

This has got to be one of the worst large pharma companys in the industry. I cannot believe the corruption, disception, poor judgement, management, & leadership. The turn-over of good people and a general lack of experienced individuals to support the business is amazing.

The last place to work unless you are desparate and only need a short time gig to get back in the game. Spare your kids, family, or friends from the pain and suffering that all employees endure.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Novartis employees face many moral and ethical challenges. There is that which is “just” or ”right” vs that which Novartis demands or coerces. If you lack integrity, Novartis is the place for you!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Novartis employees face many moral and ethical challenges. There is that which is “just” or ”right” vs that which Novartis demands or coerces. If you lack integrity, Novartis is the place for you!
Especially, if you want a job in Human Resources. They are a heartless crew, who have sold their souls to a twisted organization.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-06-2014, 06:55 PM
EvenBaselSays
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

The original founder of Sandoz, Mr. Sandoz and whoever was a founder(s) of Ciba/Geigy must be turning in their Swiss based graves.
This nastiness of this Co has been exposed as early as 8 years ago by the Whistleblowers of Novartis unite and BPO threads. many did not believe this was the case. Now you can believe it for you experienced it on your own skin.
The best you can do, is to hit them back. Become someone who is watching them like a hawk, collect the evidence and expose them as soon as you have enough. Repeated exposures and fines and hopefully jail time for the fuckers, may break them down in the end. It just must happen. No way such crimes and injustice can continue for long, let alone ever.
So stand up for yourselves and hit them hard. You owe them nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

http://wikiality.wikia.com/Prescott_Pharmaceuticals
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Arms Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Seems like a good Novartis fit! Heads up Nikos, maybe you can finally complete that merger and acquisition.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Because Novartis is run by people who don't know how to run a science-based business. They don't know the scientific method, they don't know how research is done, they don't know what it takes to make a product from research stage, through clinical trials, to production, to market. They are willing to commit three years to a research project, and expect it on the market in 4 years. Heck, it takes two years just to learn the basics about a project and what doesn't work! These guys in charge don't get that. They are vulture capitalists and bean counters. If they had been in charge at Genentech, TPA would never have been developed. If they had been in charge, HCV would have never been discovered at Chiron, nothing would have been developed anywhere. Hiring employees as "contractors" is bad business also...if Novartis isn't willing to commit to employees by hiring full time, how do they expect employees to commit to Novartis. Research and product development REQUIRES experience, knowledge, long term commitments, and very little employee turnover!! This is definitely a problem for Novartis.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Novartis was a large zit on my ass. Finally got it popped.. Now I'm on my way. adios!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Paulo Costa left and Novartis went to hell in a hand basket.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

WRONG!! We are coming back at full steam!! "Novartis drug Jakavi seen as blockbuster after positive data"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Yawn Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
WRONG!! We are coming back at full steam!! "Novartis drug Jakavi seen as blockbuster after positive data"
Yawn
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-08-2014, 12:35 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenBaselSays View Post
The original founder of Sandoz, Mr. Sandoz and whoever was a founder(s) of Ciba/Geigy must be turning in their Swiss based graves.
This nastiness of this Co has been exposed as early as 8 years ago by the Whistleblowers of Novartis unite and BPO threads. many did not believe this was the case. Now you can believe it for you experienced it on your own skin.
The best you can do, is to hit them back. Become someone who is watching them like a hawk, collect the evidence and expose them as soon as you have enough. Repeated exposures and fines and hopefully jail time for the fuckers, may break them down in the end. It just must happen. No way such crimes and injustice can continue for long, let alone ever.
So stand up for yourselves and hit them hard. You owe them nothing.
And they really owe you nothing. As has been said many times - Novartis is a business and employees serve "at will". Whether you were with Novartis a long time or a short time (or are still with Novartis) you should have known that. Bottom line, a business can only survive if it makes money. Novartis has many challenges and it does what it needs to do to stay profitable and you should have realized that you are important as an employee only as long as you, your district, your division, your region or your business unit can contribute to that end. Without viable products did you really expect anything else?

In respect to the title of this thread, Novartis cannot even really be considered "large pharma" any more. It was 5 or 6 years ago when it had major viable products and 4000+ reps to promote them. Now it doesn't and I am surprised that it still has the number of reps and managers that it does. Back in the days of good access, both before and somewhat after the birth of managed health care, my company only had one rep per product in given territories. We each had 5 or 6 products that we promoted. With my company we had physician universes of 250 to 300 doctors per rep. We saw doctors on a 6 week to 8 week cycle. We called on hospital based doctors and clinics. We called on retail pharmacies and wholesalers and we did it all with a nationwide headcount of 150 reps with the company I was with.....and we were happy. Seems to me that it is unrealistic to expect times like that again in this industry. Seems to me that Novartis will cut further. Seems to me that many of you need to find other things to do to regain your sanity and happiness.

Just sayin'
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Cool Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
And they really owe you nothing. As has been said many times - Novartis is a business and employees serve "at will". Whether you were with Novartis a long time or a short time (or are still with Novartis) you should have known that. Bottom line, a business can only survive if it makes money. Novartis has many challenges and it does what it needs to do to stay profitable and you should have realized that you are important as an employee only as long as you, your district, your division, your region or your business unit can contribute to that end. Without viable products did you really expect anything else?

In respect to the title of this thread, Novartis cannot even really be considered "large pharma" any more. It was 5 or 6 years ago when it had major viable products and 4000+ reps to promote them. Now it doesn't and I am surprised that it still has the number of reps and managers that it does. Back in the days of good access, both before and somewhat after the birth of managed health care, my company only had one rep per product in given territories. We each had 5 or 6 products that we promoted. With my company we had physician universes of 250 to 300 doctors per rep. We saw doctors on a 6 week to 8 week cycle. We called on hospital based doctors and clinics. We called on retail pharmacies and wholesalers and we did it all with a nationwide headcount of 150 reps with the company I was with.....and we were happy. Seems to me that it is unrealistic to expect times like that again in this industry. Seems to me that Novartis will cut further. Seems to me that many of you need to find other things to do to regain your sanity and happiness.

Just sayin'
Hate to break it to you, but "Big Pharma" is still the term used by the industry and recruiters to describe Novartis. It's still "big" relative to revenues and employees!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Crying Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Any place you don't or can't leave is a prison, especially at Novartis! Its a death sentence.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Any place you don't or can't leave is a prison, especially at Novartis! Its a death sentence.
No one is keeping you at Novartis. Take charge of your life and go out a get a new job, go back to school, or do something productive. Sitting around complaining or not looking for a change isn't going to make anything better. Novartis doesn't care what we do or think so don't let them get the best of you.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
No one is keeping you at Novartis. Take charge of your life and go out a get a new job, go back to school, or do something productive. Sitting around complaining or not looking for a change isn't going to make anything better. Novartis doesn't care what we do or think so don't let them get the best of you.
By George I think he's got it. lMAO reading posts from posters who state the obvious but think they just figured out the world.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-15-2014, 12:46 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Cool Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
No one is keeping you at Novartis. Take charge of your life and go out a get a new job, go back to school, or do something productive. Sitting around complaining or not looking for a change isn't going to make anything better. Novartis doesn't care what we do or think so don't let them get the best of you.
For some of us its called "handcuffed" by the golden parachute! We are financially locked in.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Banghead Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Nofartis definitely seems to be out of touch with just how much it and it's current leadership stinks! They are either just plain incompetent or don't care. The problems and poor decision making is hard to miss.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Nofartis definitely seems to be out of touch with just how much it and it's current leadership stinks! They are either just plain incompetent or don't care. The problems and poor decision making is hard to miss.
Another indicator of incompetent leadership is having lots of cash and strong stock prices and still unable to leverage those financial resources to run a strong company. Novartis sucks and fails despite having the coin that most companies would want.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Paulo Costa left and Novartis went to hell in a hand basket.
I'll give that a big AMEN!!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-17-2014, 11:25 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I'll give that a big AMEN!!!
Ditto!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-17-2014, 01:19 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Arms Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Definitely the worst place ever. "zero tolerance for misconduct" my ass...this place encourages misconduct and the ones who do it are the ones who get rewarded. Having Novartis on your CV will hurt your career. FUCK that place...it was like escape from Guantanamo Bay when I finally left.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-17-2014, 07:21 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Definitely the worst place ever. "zero tolerance for misconduct" my ass...this place encourages misconduct and the ones who do it are the ones who get rewarded. Having Novartis on your CV will hurt your career. FUCK that place...it was like escape from Guantanamo Bay when I finally left.
Remember - Never, ever call the BPO. Call an attorney. The BPO is not looking out for you, they are protecting the company.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
This has got to be one of the worst large pharma companys in the industry. I cannot believe the corruption, disception, poor judgement, management, & leadership. The turn-over of good people and a general lack of experienced individuals to support the business is amazing.

The last place to work unless you are desparate and only need a short time gig to get back in the game. Spare your kids, family, or friends from the pain and suffering that all employees endure.
Ha! I was with NVS for years and happy, then moved to J & J - and let me tell you, NVS has some issues, but J & J is the worst big pharma out there.

At least in NVS, JJ is starting to clean things up - it would help if he had actual pharma experience, but believe me, NVS is not that bad
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Novartis is a great company in terms of hiring sub par associates with big titles and for it's benefits.

My experience of over 6 years have made me realize that, in deed this company is truly troubled by internal politics, dishonesty, corruption, discrimination, gender inequality and abuse by HR and some managers.

BPO is of no use and in fact it is just a cover. BPO protects the managers and associates who are liabilities to the company unfortunately. Never consider BPO as that office is populated with incompetent investigators who have no formal training in conducting investigations to get to the bottom or root cause of the issues. Rather, BPO waste a lot of time and comes up with basically nothing substantial and aid in the exposure of very people who complained to BPO. These observations are based on experience of my colleagues. BPO also allow the very managers who were subjected to scrutiny to retaliate against the innocent trusting associates who complained to BPO in the first place with no end in sight.....if you want Novartis to be accountable, please hire a lawyer.

It is also shocking that some physicians who have no formal training in clinical medicine or have not completed any formal training in a therapeutic area are working as GPHs and clinical leads in some franchises. It is in stark contrast to other comparable big pharma who are strict on hiring the right candidate with the right training and back ground to be clinical leads in compound developments. Some examples; a lab trained physician is the GPH for malaria compound development...this person has no clue but has a loud mouth and complete kiss ass, dishonest... Apparently these are the attributes needed to be a GPH in established medicine development franchise, and there are many more examples...... This trend is sad, a joke and quite frankly frightening from a business and development stand point as these incompetent clue less people have no clue as to the unmet needs of the disease/ populations to substantially contribute to a compound development to meet the needs of the patients, etc. it is a sad story for Novartis and it's future is bleak if this trend continues.....

Novartis also harbors a lot of dishonest managers and associates and I am convinced that Novartis truly protects these people so that, Novartis can continue in dishonesty, irresponsible drug development and damaging behaviors .......

If you have plans to join Novartis make it goal oriented to just train yourself. This is the only goal and the get out.....
This is not a company for honest, smart people with integrity. It was a pleasure sharing this experiences for future employees, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-30-2014, 01:41 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

id rather work at burger king than at Novartis
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

I'll take a whopper w cheese, please
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-02-2014, 02:46 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

never worked with so many shady people in my life...STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Anonymous
 
Posts: n/a
Arms Re: Novartis is the Worst Large Pharma Ever?

Never was like this until about 2008, that's when the outside consultants and people from outside the organization took over. Remember when employees were respected. It was recognized and celebrated when a co- worker achieved an honor( Masters Club, Quarter Century Club, Cornerstone) what happened to those you knew. Look how those of us who spent a long career here were treated. Everything that happens to this organization is deserving. Those who destroyed others got destroyed themselves. Karma is a bitch.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.