Do you think this deal will happen? Yes or No and Why.

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, May 17, 2014 at 11:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only answer yes or no and state your reason why.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. If it was going to happen it would have already. US threatening to retroactively penalize companies that repatriate overseas makes is a non starter at this point. AZ is back to imploding on it's own.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, Pfizer gets what it wants.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

stop reading the bullshit talking points of money overseas somehow stopping this. just because you read some slanted article doesn't mean it matters. The laws in place for pfizer to do what they are doing are fully within their rights.

the government has no reason to not want this to happen, they make money off mergers like these and that money will end up being used and taxed. It may be taxed in the UK as pfizer is proposing to move their HQ from NY to the UK. For a proud USA based company willing to uproot itself to make this happen is serious business.

very few mergers get canned in business and pfizer doesn't go in without having a plan in place. they will spend 100's of millions in legal expenses to work this deal out. All this bluffing by AZ and posturing about not being a willing partner is just part of boardsmanship. It's going to happen, this is about making millions as board of directors to walk.

too bad the little people don't have any voting shares to stop this because the people who decide your fate are only looking to get money for their being removed from the board..... sweeten the deal and I'll walk... that's what is being worked on.

So in 1-2 months the final numbers will come out, the governments will give their blessings and the deal will happen. Maybe by then the government's health care plan will need employees and you will be happy to have a job!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes because it's meant to be.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Always trust the financial markets because these guys make a living playing the odds. It isn't gambling if you have inside information and they are saying this deal is as good as done.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Course it will. It is all about the money. No one gives a shit how many employees are let go or how much red tape they have to sort through. A few will get very, very rich and that is the end of it. The posturing on AZs part to say "no" right now is all for show. They have been planning this for probably a year. All I can say is it is really too bad as I am too old to probably ever find something this great again . . . but I'm sure going to try.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, because it's good business. Pascal's little dog-and-pony-show about sales hitting $45 billion in sales by 2023, was panned by the investment world. Just a few weeks ago, they were bragging about returning to 2013 numbers by 2017. In case you haven't noticed, 2013 was less than a stellar year. By then, the patents on Symbicort, Nexium, Seroquel XR and Crestor will be gone. The near terms drugs are all a big yawn. The pie-in-the-sky drugs are years away, and given AZ's proclivity for NOT bringing drugs to market, well you can see where that's likely to go.

AZ's R&D is a joke. All but one of the new compounds came from OTHER companies. Pfizer is just as bad. Ask yourself, what was the last successful launch of an AZ product? It's probably Nexium. They absolutely destroyed the Crestor launch, and it took years for it to get going. Look at Brilinta if you want to see an absolute classic example of idiots making decisions.

The combined companies would be a force to be reckoned with. All of the politicians could really give a rat's ass about the deal. They are all facing elections on both sides of the pond, and they are just posturing themselves to get press. In fact, they need to keep their damn noses out of private company affairs!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, money talks, the rest is just noise.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES! - it's a done deal. Check out today's Sunday newspaper ad for Nexium. In the lower left hand corner of the ad it says 2014 Pfizer. It's a done deal you haven't heard about yet.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes and not because its good business. Because the wealthy have the power to keep making more money and they dont give a damn about the long term effects of their decisions have on anyone else. The people driving this only have one objective in life. More money at any cost and to hell with everyone else. Funny, for all the money they already have, somehow these people can never get enough and be satisfied. They think they create wealth but it really only amounts to wealth for a few - themselves.

This is not good business for anyone but a few already bloated wallets. Here's a simple analogy. Pfizer is a pig. It eats, sleeps and shits. AKA - it acquires, cruises along on the boughten fruit of others, and cuts the people who contributed to that boutghten fruit. When you look closely theres more fat than meat cause it never uses the energy it consumed to its potential. And like a pig, Ian doesnt reason, he acts on hunger and need to feed his insatiable appetite - to get as much as he can and doesnt care if the runt next to him dies. I'd like to see the real numbers of people who actually have a good outcome from this - not just the number of people who received some money. Big difference.

There are lots of valid reasons that the majority of people concerned dont want this to happen. It is dirty through and through. If this is good business, the gap between the rich and the poor will only get bigger because the middle class is dying. Like war, there is the winner and the loser, and all the casualties of those who actually did the work.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. New legistation being introduced on Tuesday in US. Pfizer will rush this new offer through before introduction. If legislation passes, I thought the article implied it will be retroactive to the date introduced.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes- If this deal doesn't happen AZ stock goes from $90 back to $52. When you have unhappy rich shareholders .......watch out.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct. They are making it retroactive so it applies to Pfizer!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES! I have been working with AZ for 8 1/2 years and would like to see the deal happen

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of asking our opinion ask Wall Street's opinion. The fact that the AZ price is holding at this level shows they believe the deal will happen at a price of $90-95 per share.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No!

God will not allow it it happen and will find a way to block the evil Pfizer from gobbling up AstraZeneca. God knows this is all about money and there is no benefit whatsoever to patients.

And if it does happen, God will find a way to elevate the other pharma companies that do the right thing and push Pfizer to the bottom.

I watch Joel Osteen every Sunday, and I believe this is what he would say.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're not rich. They all made paper gains so far well in excess of expectations when they bought shares. They could have all taken profits the last 2 weeks, it's their own fault for losing their paper gains if no deal happens.

It will happen. Take out all emotions, the deal makes good financial sense for shareholders if both companies. Many if you own shares via mutual funds, but it will show as a gain in your fund when AZ is bought out.

Patients? That's nice lip service but a powerhouse r & d org will bring MORE to market. Uktimatimately more pts will benefit.

Also a very good move for Pfizer, because if Washington sees a huge loss of tax $, that tells you Pfizer has a Lot to gain

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not sure if your kidding, but I don't think God has anything to do with this. By your thoughts when children are beaten and killed this is what God wants?