Pain Creams

Discussion in 'St Jude Medical' started by Anonymous, Jun 3, 2014 at 8:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was contacted by recruiter to sell pain creams on the side. Was told many St. Jude and BSX reps making a killing doing this. Is it too late to jump on this?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES! Sell them to STJ employees who are taking it up the chute everyday from inept, greedy management. Make big money!

Expand your market to STJ stockholders who are going to experience pain in the future when Dan and Mike can no longer give the street 15% quarter/quarter due to mismanagement.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My suggestions would be to do it for awhile and see how it works out. I've been doing it for about a year now, and it does add nice supplemental income. I also have started selling a new pump on the market. Just be coy about it and I think you will do fine. I maintain my SCS business and its doing fine. My two cents

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medtronic reps doing creams as well. One recently was fired and some others needed to get out before they were fired. Be careful. Companies are on to what's going on.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Insurance companies are really starting to catch on to this. It's a good option for patients, but costs a fortune to their ins. More and more patients are getting denied. This starts to get back to the prescribing doc, now he has to field a bunch of calls from patients for alternatives. Wait till docs tell you about a "pharmacy" who wants to sign up his wife as the rep. Then you just lost credibility w him/her for even getting involved in this shady business.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is the dumbass who posted this to draw attention. Making triple my pay doing this on the side, hope it keeps up. Pretty sure every successful STJ rep is doing this

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean every rep that is about to lose their job

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would they lose their job??

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cuz Boneheadiger hates when the top reps make more than him

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the Boston regiona lmanager is the biggest user of pain cream in the country.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Express Scripts who processes 80% of claims retooled their provider manual for 2014 to nix this market. Another announcement on June 3rd to eliminate certain APIs and NDCs that make up 95% of cost of claims in compounding. Pigs get fat and Hogs get slaughtered.

This is coming to an end soon. Love to see the docs lose out who joined the 'ownership' model pharmacies and got greedy or the one's who joined the scams of the pseudo 'studies'. There are a relative few pharmacies actually working to do the right thing. Majority though have no clue on what is legal and engage in activities that are close to blatant kickback schemes.

By fall this market will be toast. Don't get into it because when it goes belly up you don't want to be holding the bag on this and having to backtrack on what you sold your physicians. Plus when that big EOB hits a patient and you are the one that sold it to the doctor without all knowledge your credibility will be mush as well.

Also, all compounding pharmacies are having to be recredentialed with Express Scripts meaning they are going to kick off pharmacies on their plans who are paying people large sums via 1099s, overbilling, waiving copays (illegal), and have illegal marketing practices. These are the focus areas for these audits. ES comes in and says show me the proof that the patient paid their copay. If it has been waived, the pharmacy is dropped on the spot! Audits have already began and ES is withholding money from pharmacies for claims and taking back 100% of claims they believe are not appropriate. Pharmacies that are 100% pain creams are going to go under overnight.

Take the money and run!

Good luck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like sour grapes from someone who missed the boat and is jealous. Been hearing the same story for the past 2 years that it is going away. Express Scripts and all others will continue to pay, just not as high as they have been. Sure any pharmacy paying kickbacks, marketing fees, $$ for surveys or indiscriminately writing off copays without making an attempt to collect should and will be shut down. Know many many reps making 20-50k/ month jack on the side besides their full-time gig. If you have great relationships and can find a reputable pharmacy doing things the right way, it is a no brainer. There will always be jealous people who preach doom and gloom instead of going out their and be entrepreneurial and take some risks to make serious $$.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My wife is still crushing it while I play golf and enjoy life!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your an idiot. I have been crushing it for 2 years in this market but know that Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered. This is not sour grapes. This is inside info from someone who deals in this market daily and rubs elbows with PCCA and IACP. No way this market continues as such. Yes, reimbursement may be cut and compounds continue to be billed, but ESI is going to walk in with a take it or leave it contract. I can cite about 10 different plans across the country that is cutting out compounds or requiring prior authorizations and starting to make this more and more difficult.

Have you read through the Express Scripts 2014 Provider Manual....NOT

How about Express Scripts announcement on June 3? ....NOT

http://www.protectmycompounds.com/express-scripts-announcement/

◾ESI will target 1,000 products (APIs and non-APIs) ◾ESI believes these 1,000 products account for 95% of compounding spend under ESI employer plans
    ◾ESI is claiming that this strategy will ELIMINATE 95% of compounding spend for clients who accept and fully implement the program

◾These products will be moved to a non-formulary tier, meaning that the patient will have to pay the FULL cost for the compound out-of-pocket, or go through a very rigorous appeals process to have it covered ◾This process will be difficult for patients and prescribers to navigate, making it easier for prescribers to switch the patients to a different product

◾The 1,000 products will constitute an “EXCLUDED” list, which ESI will manage
    ◾ESI will continue to review and monitor ALL compounding ingredients based on cost, AWP increase, status (API vs. OTC), etc., for inclusion in the excluded list
    ◾ESI will also create an “INCLUDED” list of products that are exempt from exclusion based on specific requirements such as short supply, necessity, etc.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[you are not only jealous, but u r semi retarded. This is is for tricare and pharmacies that don't get the new credentialling. Thank u idiot st. Jude manager who knows nothing about compounding,?but please preaching soon and gloom so I can collect my big checks

QUOTE=Anonymous;5115306]Your an idiot. I have been crushing it for 2 years in this market but know that Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered. This is not sour grapes. This is inside info from someone who deals in this market daily and rubs elbows with PCCA and IACP. No way this market continues as such. Yes, reimbursement may be cut and compounds continue to be billed, but ESI is going to walk in with a take it or leave it contract. I can cite about 10 different plans across the country that is cutting out compounds or requiring prior authorizations and starting to make this more and more difficult.

Have you read through the Express Scripts 2014 Provider Manual....NOT

How about Express Scripts announcement on June 3? ....NOT

http://www.protectmycompounds.com/express-scripts-announcement/

◾ESI will target 1,000 products (APIs and non-APIs) ◾ESI believes these 1,000 products account for 95% of compounding spend under ESI employer plans
    ◾ESI is claiming that this strategy will ELIMINATE 95% of compounding spend for clients who accept and fully implement the program

◾These products will be moved to a non-formulary tier, meaning that the patient will have to pay the FULL cost for the compound out-of-pocket, or go through a very rigorous appeals process to have it covered ◾This process will be difficult for patients and prescribers to navigate, making it easier for prescribers to switch the patients to a different product

◾The 1,000 products will constitute an “EXCLUDED” list, which ESI will manage
    ◾ESI will continue to review and monitor ALL compounding ingredients based on cost, AWP increase, status (API vs. OTC), etc., for inclusion in the excluded list
    ◾ESI will also create an “INCLUDED” list of products that are exempt from exclusion based on specific requirements such as short supply, necessity, etc.[/QUOTE]

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I know is that I made 65k last month and have been all year. Just bought a lake house and my manager has no idea I am doing this. I told him my wife inherited some money.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just a bought lake house also and the one that sold next to me I'm told was bought by a guy in medical device that has a wife that inherited money. I'm a Manager with a device company...hmmmmm

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical blabber mouths from STJ. You guys don't know when to shut up. If things are going bad - be quiet. If things are going well, be silent.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said, I think 90% of sales force is doubling their income from pain creams.here in Texas the manager had all his reps wives as reps

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The mgr in San Antonio or Dallas?