» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Veterinary Health Sales > Pfizer Animal Health
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pfizer Animal Health Anonymous board for Pfizer Animal Health

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Anonymous

Default Animal Health vs. Pharmaceutical Sales Rep

I have been in the pharma industry for 3+ years and thinking of switching over to the animal health division.

In your honest opinion, do you think this is the right move? Can someone please tell me the difference between both industries? Honest answers are greatly appreciated!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Animal Health vs. Pharmaceutical Sales Rep

use the search button - if you can't do that, then you need to stay on delivering samples and lunches.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Anonymous

why do you think you are better then everyone else, i was simply asking a question jerk, stop the arrogance and get a life loser
Old 05-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Anonymous

Pfizer reps are all the same, arrogant and nasty. Pfizer as a company has always had a huge chip on their shoulder, thinking they are better then everyone else, when it comes down to it, you are nothing but militant assholes who tjink they are hot shit.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Anonymous

hello, did you get any answers to your questions? I'm in the same situation and would also like some honest insight. hoping you can help
Old 06-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Anonymous

I'll tell you this...I have been in pharm. sales for 5 years and interviewed for the animal health position and didn't get it because I had TOO much pharmaceutical experience!! They thought that I wouldn't be able to make the 'transition' from human health to animal health because it is such a different type of sale!! I think they really want people with sales experience...but not human health! Good luck!
Old 06-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Anonymous

you don't "sell" - you had too much experience of not taking an order. you probably would come in with the work ethic of a human rep - 10 to 2 does not cut it in this business.

I will beat you to it as well, I am at lunch on my laptop uploading orders that I "took" this morning. I did not have to deliver smaples or a lunch to do it either!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Anonymous

Dumb shit you said it you "took orders" you did not sell anything. Trust me, Animal Health reps would have loved to get into Human Pharma but they didn't b/c the best reps went to Human pharma. That is a fact. Yes now there is a shift of Human reps into other fields b/c that side is not as enjoyable as it once was. Case in point..How often, even now does the Human side take from the Animal side???Not very often if ever b/c there is way too much other talent to pull from but you see it every day in every company where animal helath companies are pulling from the Human Side. If you dont see that it is b/c you are not. And by the way, if all human reps I have nothing bad to say for either side, hell we are making more than vets and more than PA's. It is just natural for there to be a rivalry I guess b/w the two, unfortunate as it is...It is entertainment. Keep the stupid ass replys coming.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Anonymous

Wow, Pfizer really hires the educationally challanged.

The correct english usage would not be "I am uploading the order I sold today". It would be "I am uploading the order I took." Took is the operative word.

Keep telling yourself you are better than us. We will keep laughing in your face. In the morning, we will get up and go into clincis with respect and our heads hung high. We know what we do, we make more money for clinics. We are a resource for them.

You can wake up and know that you can keep hiding in your cluster. They give you teammates because they don't trust you to get the job done. Keep delivering Lunches/samples begging for a signature so the Boss Man knows you were in the office.

Keep throwing stones, because you are the sad one. We are not on the Human board. You are on the Animal Health board. You might have a leg to stand on if it was the other case, but it isn't.

So you keep telling yourself whatever it is that helps you not pull the trigger at night.

I have earned my respect in this business... you are still worried about which recruiter to get your resume to.

I pitty you.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Anonymous

did not spell check - so the errors are purely my dumbass mistakes - fat finger typing.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Anonymous

[ QUOTE ]

The correct english usage would not be "I am uploading the order I sold today". It would be "I am uploading the order I took." Took is the operative word.

Keep telling yourself you are better than us. We will keep laughing in your face. In the morning, we will get up and go into clincis with respect and our heads hung high. We know what we do, we make more money for clinics. We are a resource for them.

You can wake up and know that you can keep hiding in your cluster. They give you teammates because they don't trust you to get the job done. Keep delivering Lunches/samples begging for a signature so the Boss Man knows you were in the office.

Keep throwing stones, because you are the sad one. We are not on the Human board. You are on the Animal Health board. You might have a leg to stand on if it was the other case, but it isn't.

So you keep telling yourself whatever it is that helps you not pull the trigger at night.

I have earned my respect in this business... you are still worried about which recruiter to get your resume to.

I pitty you.

[/ QUOTE ] this cat is right on...can you imagine even being compared to human? We sell a product that a clinic can resell and make a profit, just like any product you find in any store. Human side is successful when they have managed care coverage and then they speak up at meetings about what they are doing that works, what separates them form other reps, etc... I'll tell you what, ask any doctor what they think about human reps, they will say too many, one message from 10 reps every time they walk thru the door, and free lunches. Not a sales job, but not a bad way to make a living if you just fly under the radar. Hey I worked from 10-2 every day, hit plans, bonuses and told my manager what he wanted to hear. My buddy in Buffalo worked harder, didn't have managed care and didn't make bonus...and was put on performance plans. Everyone on human side should just keep mouth shut, enjoy salary, and be home by 3pm
Old 07-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Anonymous

Oh my God!! PAH people are the stupidest in the Industry. The correct way to say it, had you actually "Sold"anything would be "I uploaded the product list I SOLD today." Also you want us to go to our own site????How fucking old/mature are you? Why don't you take your ball and go home too. I notice you did not answer one of the earlier posts comments as well.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Anonymous

[quote=Anonymous;1057704]you don't "sell" - you had too much experience of not taking an order. you probably would come in with the work ethic of a human rep - 10 to 2 does not cut it in this business.

No, you are absolutely right on man. Those of us in oncology, helping people stay alive, or those of us selling TNF-a inhibitors to battle the debilitating effects of the spondylarthropaties need to be looking up to you all who are fighting every day to keep the fidos and fluffys of the world healthy! Lost work days from human illness costs our economy billions of dollars each year you self important pricks! Detailing HeartGuard and securing a purchase order doesn't make you an elite rep. Get over yourselves.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Anonymous

We all have a job to do. Whose to say yours is more important than mine. BTW, since you seem to be so high on the pedestal, what are you doing spending time with us lowely dog reps???

Go fuck yourself. The medicine seels itself, not you.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
We all have a job to do. Whose to say yours is more important than mine. BTW, since you seem to be so high on the pedestal, what are you doing spending time with us lowely dog reps???

Go fuck yourself. The medicine seels itself, not you.
First of all, how exactly does a medication "seel" itself. How about a little proof reading next time retard.

Secondly, why am I spending my time with dog reps, becuase pissing on you faggots who take yourselves too seriously gives me an erection!

BTW, most sane individuals would consider human medical sales higher on the sales ladder, and far more important to the greater good than veterianary sales. What pisses me off the most are you jackasses who claim that human reps are nothing more than caterers who don't know how to sell. If you were all such elite rainmakers, you would get into complicated clinical selling theaters like biologics, onclology, or gene therapy. So go take your purchase order and lodge it firmly in your sigmoid flexure!
Old 08-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Anonymous

Hey cocksucker... Learn to spell "because" before you start throwing stones...

Isn't it time to deliver a lunch for a sample?
Old 09-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Anonymous

2 more words for the moron to learn to spell: "veterinary" and "oncology"
Old 10-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Pfizer reps are all the same, arrogant and nasty. Pfizer as a company has always had a huge chip on their shoulder, thinking they are better then everyone else, when it comes down to it, you are nothing but militant assholes who tjink they are hot shit.
Coming from twenty years of experience at Pfizer I have to agree with you.
I was shocked at the number of reps who think they are better than
other companies. Their arrogance has cost them an opportunity '
to network with some wonderful people. Pfizers history of hiring military
and cheerleaders has caught up with them. They are so weird that they
don't just "COMPARE AND WIN" agains products they get personal and go after the reps themselves. My counterpart was advocating that doctors
"Censor" the other reps. They also actively try to shut you out of an office
or grand rounds if they know you have a competing product or
are going to launch one soon.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Anonymous

Pfizers favorite tactic is to try and convince physicians that the other rep is talking outside of guidelines and lying to them. They ask the Dr to refuse to see you anymore. Then they tell them that if they continue to listen to your
lies you will be responsable for getting them sued.
They're military and cheerleaders remember? They will reduce you to the level
of al Qaida and convince the Dr that you have weapons of mass destruction in your detail bag.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:14 PM
cafepharma newbie

Cool Re: Animal Health vs. Pharmaceutical Sales Rep

Wow, I just registered to this site and took a gander at this forum since I was interested in transitioning to AH. I think this discussion has lost it's original intent, and everyone needs to just take a chill... Sorry for the hijack, but I would like to hear objective pros & cons about AH vs. human health, as well as Pfizer vs. other companies. Only people who have experienced both industries need reply. Thank you.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfinger View Post
Wow, I just registered to this site and took a gander at this forum since I was interested in transitioning to AH. I think this discussion has lost it's original intent, and everyone needs to just take a chill... Sorry for the hijack, but I would like to hear objective pros & cons about AH vs. human health, as well as Pfizer vs. other companies. Only people who have experienced both industries need reply. Thank you.
Me and my ex-wife work for Pfizer... Several years ago, she sat down with a manager from the AH side. They wanted her, she has horses and had some familiarity with Strongid and a few other animal meds. But the territories were a lot bigger and it would have been about a 40% pay cut. That ended her interest.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Anonymous

How much do Pharmaceutical reps make. Either human or animal health??
Old 01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Anonymous

from 35 to 235k it ranges
Old 03-11-2008, 09:24 PM
cafepharma newbie

Can someone please tell me briefly what the difference is on the Animal Health side of being a sales rep vs the human side?
I am currently a physician and I am considering pharmaceutical sales-"No being a MD is not all that it is cracked up to be esp. with salary"
What is the selling process in animal health vs scripts?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:27 PM
cafepharma newbie

Can someone please tell me briefly what the difference is on the Animal Health side of being a sales rep vs the human side?
I am currently a physician and I am considering pharmaceutical sales-"No being a MD is not all that it is cracked up to be esp. with salary"
Old 03-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Anonymous

Wow. Grew up on a working ranch with 500+ head of black baldies every winter. Plus the normal cow/calf setup. Went off to the "big city" and went me to get some of that there college. I've done the human side of pharma for 9 years now. Can't say that it was all great, but it wasn't all bad either.

Yes, we had to bring in lunches. No I don't do that every day. Been in specialty sales for quite a few years now. Also know that the animal side takes important clients out to dinner as well. Neither side is better than the other. Why the tension?

I have friends that are on both sides of pharma. BOTH have their drawbacks. The one thing that the animal side has for sure is less hassle with managed care. It also means that reps can't sit back as their institutional reps do all the work while they get the credit. That's not the rule, but it does happen.

What is the honest assessment without all the BS. Both the human and animal reps need to put a check on the ego.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRACUSE View Post
Lets see...you want to go from being a physician to being a pharma sales rep? All I can say is that you need to take a test to check your mental stability. Go on any Pharma board and see how bad it is being a sales rep. Also lay-offs are coming for everyone. 20-30 years ago it was great, but not any longer. The only position you should remotely be looking at is a MSL (Medical Science Liasion) and nothing else. As a sales rep you would be a fish out of water.
Old time retired manager
Old 06-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Anonymous

Unhappy Re: Animal Health vs. Pharmaceutical Sales Rep

Wow,, This put me perspective...
I am going to school that will give me the traing for the Veterinary pharmaceutical sales. I do not know if I want tht job now...
Old 06-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Anonymous

what school would that be?
Old 12-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Anonymous

Hi,
I just wanted to wish you luck on your search. I am really surprised by the amount of rude and abusive comments posted. I have met many Pfizer reps in the field and I think that anyone who is silly enough to judge a whole company on the behavior of few people needs something better to do in their spare time. I think Pfizer is a fantastic company with well educated reps. For those reps that get high and mighty just remember they have further to fall when times get tough in their company. Lets not forget the purpose of being a rep is to educate doctors so that patients can have access to the best medical care.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Anonymous

Very interesting points here. I have heard that you can even find some medications for pets at

http://www.onlinepharmacycr.com
Online Pharmacy for prescription drugs

but I'll have to confirm it.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:06 AM
cafepharma newbie

I too have worked on the human side and would love to switch to the companion animals side. Can anyone give me any advice. I dearly love animals and would anything to move over into animal pharma sales. please help
Old 02-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Anonymous

I'm not even sure if anyone is following this original question at this point. But just in case.... The Animal Health Market is pretty saturated as is the pharma industry there really aren't a lot of jobs out here now with the companies you would want to come and work for. If you can find a job then jump on it! The animal health industry is a wonderful place. I have family members that are in pharma and from their experiences I couldn't see switching sides. You will find you have more face time with the doctors and they will appreciate the impact you can make at their practice. If your a good rep and can understand the concept of uncovering needs and selling to fit those needs so it becomes a win win all around then you become part of the hospital family over time. Going to work is a joy, you will probably average a dinner a week, a lunch every day and your days will go from 8am with your last call ending around 4:00. I can't speak to pay but your job satisfaction will most likely improve. Good luck!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Anonymous

Hey Sassy-you aren't calling on animals... Although you "dearly love them" you will have to watch some nasty stuff and see some pet owner who, if their pets were their kids, would be phoned into CPS. Stay where you are.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Anonymous

I have been interested in Pharmaceutical Sales for a couple of years now....

I am currently a student and I was wondering if there is anyone that could point me in the right academic direction for this career.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what type of degree or classes i should focus in for this career field?
As well as some insight into the life of a "Pharmaceutical Sales Rep"

Thank You
Old 03-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Anonymous

This industry is changing so fast (with mergers, realignments and changing strategies) What I tell you today may not apply in 6 months (or even next week). Do yourself a favor and pursue a career in an industry that is more recession proof. I suggest anything in the human health field. Get a good solid science background.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Anonymous

Notworthy Re: Animal Health vs. Pharmaceutical Sales Rep

Quote:
Lets see...you want to go from being a physician to being a pharma sales rep? All I can say is that you need to take a test to check your mental stability. Go on any Pharma board and see how bad it is being a sales rep. Also lay-offs are coming for everyone. 20-30 years ago it was great, but not any longer. The only position you should remotely be looking at is a MSL (Medical Science Liasion) and nothing else. As a sales rep you would be a fish out of water.
Old time retired manager
I agree with this statement. I started in this mean-spirited industry after college about five years ago and had NO idea what I was getting myself into. Now I am applying to medical school to use my brain and not be a doormat. I cannot wait to get the hell out! Stay away from the sales industry doctor - trust me on this one.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Anonymous

I am currently an account manager from another industry looking to enter the pharmaceutical sales industry. I come from a strong biology background and have an interest in maintaining my technical/biological roots. When sharing my interest in potentially entering the pharmaceutical industry with several people, some with experience in the industry, they have all told me not to do it. Up until now, I had thought they were exaggerating on how bad it is. My god! Most of you sound so incredibly angry/frustrated/unhappy. What's the deal? Why all the arrogance and attitude towards everyone? In an industry that has its foundation in helping man/animal kind, I don't see alot of satisfaction being taken. Anyone have some insight to offer?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I am currently an account manager from another industry looking to enter the pharmaceutical sales industry. I come from a strong biology background and have an interest in maintaining my technical/biological roots. When sharing my interest in potentially entering the pharmaceutical industry with several people, some with experience in the industry, they have all told me not to do it. Up until now, I had thought they were exaggerating on how bad it is. My god! Most of you sound so incredibly angry/frustrated/unhappy. What's the deal? Why all the arrogance and attitude towards everyone? In an industry that has its foundation in helping man/animal kind, I don't see alot of satisfaction being taken. Anyone have some insight to offer?

The problem is that at one time many reps thought the same ways as you do but the industry has changed. It is so much more difficult to do anything for the doctors nowadays. There is so much red tape and internal political bs in this industry. In an ideal world we would be doing what we feel is right for our clients and their patients but we're not. It's all about the dollar, and with the current economy, how to keep our jobs. I wasn't around then but from what I've heard this was a great industry 10 to 15 years ago. Well...it is no longer that my friend. Stay away...
Old 04-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Anonymous

i'm a pharma sales rep who's been fustrated for 2 yrs. I'm going to vet school in 4 months. Thank god! I hate my job and the industry and the crazy reps and the even crazier MDs.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Anonymous

Just wait till you meet crazy pet owners! You do realize that there is a person at the other end of the leash, right?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Anonymous

We continue to believe that Pfizer will struggle to grow revenue and EPS for the long term, despite the additional boost that Wyeth will provide. The recently weak performance of Lipitor and the Animal Health business, two of Pfizer's few bright spots, has also prompted us to trim our nearer-term growth forecasts.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
We continue to believe that Pfizer will struggle to grow revenue and EPS for the long term, despite the additional boost that Wyeth will provide. The recently weak performance of Lipitor and the Animal Health business, two of Pfizer's few bright spots, has also prompted us to trim our nearer-term growth forecasts.
Please provide source and complete article. Thanks
Old 05-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Anonymous

The problem is that at one time many reps thought the same ways as you do but the industry has changed. It is so much more difficult to do anything for the doctors nowadays. There is so much red tape and internal political bs in this industry. In an ideal world we would be doing what we feel is right for our clients and their patients but we're not. It's all about the dollar, and with the current economy, how to keep our jobs. I wasn't around then but from what I've heard this was a great industry 10 to 15 years ago. Well...it is no longer that my friend. Stay away...
Old 12-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Anonymous

I am currently working in a veterinary clinic as a Liscensed Veterinary Technician. I am very good with clients and also good at dealing with the vets. I am looking to get into the animal pharmaceutical industry. I do enjoy being in clinic but the pay is frankly pretty sad. I thought the pharm industry would be good for me since I am intelligent and a good people person. Does anyone have any good advice on how to land a job? Most everything I look at required b2b sales. I have plenty of in clinic sales to clients but no b2b. Any sincere help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Anonymous

Licensed! sorry for the mis-spell!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I am currently working in a veterinary clinic as a Liscensed Veterinary Technician. I am very good with clients and also good at dealing with the vets. I am looking to get into the animal pharmaceutical industry. I do enjoy being in clinic but the pay is frankly pretty sad. I thought the pharm industry would be good for me since I am intelligent and a good people person. Does anyone have any good advice on how to land a job? Most everything I look at required b2b sales. I have plenty of in clinic sales to clients but no b2b. Any sincere help would be appreciated. Thanks.
First having a vet tech license will get you nowhere... you need a BA or BS. Second, run dont walk from pharma sales, it is a mill. They will use you for a year or two then lay you off. When you go to look for another job, everyone will laugh in your face because they think you are not a "real" sales person.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Anonymous

Quote:

I pitty you.

Clincis...or clinics

head hung high ...or head held high?

resume to....is this an appropriate way to end a sentence..?

Pitty ....or pity?

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Anonymous

Post Re: Animal Health vs. Pharmaceutical Sales Rep

y'all motherfuckers need jesus!
Old 06-13-2012, 03:13 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
y'all motherfuckers need jesus!
All you assholes need to make a buck somewhere else away from the corrupting pharma bitch ass supersize-me towers killing off humans by endorsing lies instead of leading future generations of healthy parents!
Sales work anywhere so find somewhere where you get to feel worthwhile at the end of the dayinstead of kissing dirt corrupt md's ass and begging like a dog. And you dickwad showing off pfizer - FUCK yourself hard and fuck Pfizer who now is into killing and corrupting vets for five years now just for the profit - without the balls to admit mistakes, recalls or even descency to print adverse reaction sheets on vaccines!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: