100 walked out today in San Antonio

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

200 more to go....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In what departments? That is not enough information!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finance and IT today

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And marketing, "shared services", etc.

Happy Valentine's Day, Love Apex <3

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't believe you!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a lot more to come, and now budget cuts to nothing. maybe a good time to get out.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100 in IT & finance? 100 extra, I mean how many people work in those departments?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Happy Valentine's Day, Love Apex <3[/QUOTE]

That's funny but not really. I only laugh only because there is such truth in that statement.

So does everyone want the truth? I've been involved in strategic sessions with APEX, ALIX partners and several of the new executives including Joe Woody & Marty Landon. The executives are nothing but fearful followers out to make big bucks at the employees’ expense. APAX controls everything so don’t think for a second that the executive commitment truly has much authority. They all have nice private equity packages with APAX which is their true motivation…certainly not the employees, culture or the long-term stability of the company. I'm publicizing insider information as I believe I have an obligation to the employees and public to speak the truth about the culture of KCI and complete lack of leadership. It is sad and I’m embarrassed for everyone at KCI.

This is only the beginning. In the next few weeks, you will massive layoffs across the globe which will only continue in pre-determined waves. The number will end up around 20% of the entire workforce which amounts to over 1000 employees. Ultimately by the end of the year, up to 30% of the workforce will no longer be employed or working for KCI. 200 is only a very small start. The impact will be felt across every department. The great majority of the employee base in Therapeutic Surfaces will likely lose their jobs after the business unit is sold off to the highest bidder. Fortunately for the employees, the TSS business is a money loser in realistic financial terms, which might deter potential buyers. Unfortunately, it is the TSS distribution channel and customer base that are of real value, so I do expect TSS to be sold but at a massive discount.

Sounds terrible. And yes, it is. But it is the reality of the situation. What’s really horrible is that the founder, Dr. Jim Leininger, a so-called man of God & faith, left his flock stranded after becoming a billionare. Nice retirement timing there, Jim!!!! Get out before you can be associated with this blood bath!!! Shame on him and his wife. Cathy Burzik? Wow, she left KCI with the doors swinging! She made off with multi-mulit-millions along with her entire staff.

Do you really think Joe Woody and his new staff will be any different? Base you opinions on facts, not BS announcements from a corporate communications group with expertise in change management. Joe Woody has been involved in all this since last year, yet, I'm sure he is living large right now with a big smile & wrinkles of enthusiasm on his face. An elite group of executives all have equity packages with APAX and in reality care nothing about the employees at the end of the day. Why would anyone voluntarily agree to lay-off over a thousand people? Oh, I know, because it is in the best interest of the Company for long-term sustainability….NOT. Ok, maybe in pure financial and economic terms. Problem is????? The employees’ families and well being are at stake and the company is on very sound financial terms. The HONEST truth is that greed and money is driving the executives. KCI cares nothing for patients or their employees....those days are long over. And what is behind the curtain? APAX of course!!!!

For those that aren't fully aware of APAX. Please check out their annual report, portfolio and pattern of aquisitons & sell-offs. APAX is an "ax-man". This is what they do. Once things finally settled at the end of the year.....revenue and margins will be begin to look more appealing due to "lean management". Then in another 3-5 years or so......KCI is sold again! The employees are in real trouble. Everyone lives in fear and little will change the culture while APAX controls things from behind the curtain. The executives are merely puppets who will try to manage the company through reaction and damage control. They will never truly be honest with the employees. APAX are you listening? Damage control time.

KCI EMPLOYEES….don’t believe anything you are being told in the next coming days and weeks. New recruits? RUN, RUN, RUN.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe there are around 300 or so. So that's what about 30%?

Just wait until that percentage rate hits the entire globe for KCI. This is only a very small start. Nasty, nasty stuff.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If so many KCI people lost their jobs yesterday, why haven't we heard about it? I'm sorry, but I really don't put a whole lot of faith in anything that I just read on CP. Give me something substancial!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's funny but not really. I only laugh only because there is such truth in that statement.

So does everyone want the truth? I've been involved in strategic sessions with APEX, ALIX partners and several of the new executives including Joe Woody & Marty Landon. The executives are nothing but fearful followers out to make big bucks at the employees’ expense. APAX controls everything so don’t think for a second that the executive commitment truly has much authority. They all have nice private equity packages with APAX which is their true motivation…certainly not the employees, culture or the long-term stability of the company. I'm publicizing insider information as I believe I have an obligation to the employees and public to speak the truth about the culture of KCI and complete lack of leadership. It is sad and I’m embarrassed for everyone at KCI.

This is only the beginning. In the next few weeks, you will massive layoffs across the globe which will only continue in pre-determined waves. The number will end up around 20% of the entire workforce which amounts to over 1000 employees. Ultimately by the end of the year, up to 30% of the workforce will no longer be employed or working for KCI. 200 is only a very small start. The impact will be felt across every department. The great majority of the employee base in Therapeutic Surfaces will likely lose their jobs after the business unit is sold off to the highest bidder. Fortunately for the employees, the TSS business is a money loser in realistic financial terms, which might deter potential buyers. Unfortunately, it is the TSS distribution channel and customer base that are of real value, so I do expect TSS to be sold but at a massive discount.

Sounds terrible. And yes, it is. But it is the reality of the situation. What’s really horrible is that the founder, Dr. Jim Leininger, a so-called man of God & faith, left his flock stranded after becoming a billionare. Nice retirement timing there, Jim!!!! Get out before you can be associated with this blood bath!!! Shame on him and his wife. Cathy Burzik? Wow, she left KCI with the doors swinging! She made off with multi-mulit-millions along with her entire staff.

Do you really think Joe Woody and his new staff will be any different? Base you opinions on facts, not BS announcements from a corporate communications group with expertise in change management. Joe Woody has been involved in all this since last year, yet, I'm sure he is living large right now with a big smile & wrinkles of enthusiasm on his face. An elite group of executives all have equity packages with APAX and in reality care nothing about the employees at the end of the day. Why would anyone voluntarily agree to lay-off over a thousand people? Oh, I know, because it is in the best interest of the Company for long-term sustainability….NOT. Ok, maybe in pure financial and economic terms. Problem is????? The employees’ families and well being are at stake and the company is on very sound financial terms. The HONEST truth is that greed and money is driving the executives. KCI cares nothing for patients or their employees....those days are long over. And what is behind the curtain? APAX of course!!!!

For those that aren't fully aware of APAX. Please check out their annual report, portfolio and pattern of aquisitons & sell-offs. APAX is an "ax-man". This is what they do. Once things finally settled at the end of the year.....revenue and margins will be begin to look more appealing due to "lean management". Then in another 3-5 years or so......KCI is sold again! The employees are in real trouble. Everyone lives in fear and little will change the culture while APAX controls things from behind the curtain. The executives are merely puppets who will try to manage the company through reaction and damage control. They will never truly be honest with the employees. APAX are you listening? Damage control time.

KCI EMPLOYEES….don’t believe anything you are being told in the next coming days and weeks. New recruits? RUN, RUN, RUN.[/QUOTE]

Drama Queen

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Drama Queen"

I don't think so. Somewhat emotion but very insightful and truthful on the assessment of KCI's culture, the new executive team & APAX's control.

I agree, KCI is not an ideal work environment and things are bound to get worse versus better with APAX's majority ownership.

As far as documentation of the lay-offs, I'm sure soon the SA Biz Journal will be writing an article about the layoffs. This isn't something KCI wants to go public with.

BTW, IT, Finance, and R&D were let go yesterday. Only much more to come today and following weeks.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well actually, IT, Finance and Marketing were impacted yesterday. There will be more layoffs in the next month or so. The field (AE's) will be impacted on March 1st. This is insider information. The culture really sucks. Everyone is worried about their jobs and throwing anybody and everybody under the bus.

The total number of people that were let go yesterday in the SA area is 130.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Throwing people under the bus started a while ago in the field as we became the finest surgical sales company around. Right! Please get all these reps, walking around in scrubs all day-it is really nauseating!! Sure, let me guess, your in the OR all day. Too bad that's not what KCI is as a company. If your surgeons can't place a Prevena or a VAC for that matter, after all these years, iYou haven't done your job and only a completely out of touch manager would believe this nonsense or be impressed with it. Hope what you say isn't true for the AE, but it is completely believable. Since growth is only expected to be 3% they will cut cost somewhere.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I said about the AE's is completely true. I'm not sure where you're looking but growth is not projected for 2012. There will be more cost reduction and I believe a change in our business model.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Makes sense and when Dr. Jim left we should have known things were going to get pretty bad. Do we need all these managers?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, very very few managers were let go yesterday. It was mostly lower level employees. The place will end up having way too many chiefs and very few indians. i highly doubt KCI will ever get better. It'll just go down hill from now.

Employee morale is at an all time low.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for everything you have done for us Cathy.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FIELD SALES YOU'RE NEXT. DEEP CUTS ARE COMING TO ACUTE AND PA. THE CUTS WILL BE ONGOING THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what else is new.