1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice

1099 Compounding Commissions?

Discussion in 'Specialty Pharmacies - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I know what this persons agenda is. He/She probably owns a pharmacy or marketing group and changed from paying his reps a commission to a salary. These reps are probably making much less now and they found a lawyer who supported their opinion so they can then say to the rep " we can't pay you a commission or we are breaking the law." The majority of lawyers myself and other contacts have spoken to all said it is fine to pay 1099. Heck, do you think Biomet knows what it is doing. I hope these reps found a better home.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NOPE. The "distributors" are an LLC or a corporation, but the distributor's reps may be a 1099 sales force. Biomet, just as an example, is insulated from the actions or in-actions taken by the 1099 sales force.

Yes, the distributor's 1099 sales reps may also be selling "DME such as braces, splints, bone growth stimulators etc. in which they are billing the patients insurance directly," but again, using Biomet as the example, the company is insulated from accusations of wrongdoing --- as it is not Biomet that is billing for ""DME such as braces, splints, bone growth stimulators etc..," but instead the "distributor" is doing the billing.

NOPE. I'm involved with DME myself, and the company's entire sales force are 1099 reps. This is why I keep my finger on the pulse of that which is legal vs. that which is illegal.

Both of you may want to read and re-read the links to the OIG opinions posted earlier.

If I were involved with a large established CP that only uses 1099 reps, and that CP was billing Tricare, I would be a whistle-blower in a NY minute.

Medimix understands the issue about 1099 reps vs. W-2 reps, and that is why their commission structure is so much lower. The costs to maintain a W-2 sales force are much higher for the employer, and the employer must register with the secretary of state in each state where it has a W-2 employee, and pay taxes to each state, as the employer will now have a physical footprint in each state.

Also, the employer with a W-2 sales force is required to obtain WC insurance for each W-2 employee, unless of course the W-2 employees are located in TX or OK --- where the employer can opt out.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for clarifying you are shilling for Medimix. You sound like you need to spend more and hire better attorneys because you have bad advice. Oh, and your info on Biomet is a lie, Biomet bills the insurance carrier or Medicare and pays a % commission to their distributor. You obviously don't know anyone who works with Biomet I guess. If I was a Medimix rep I would be gone in a NY minute.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

National compounding pharmacy. Licensed in 40 plus states. Has partnered with a manufacturer to offer new bases that increase AWP by 3 - 4 times compared to what PCCA or Freedom bases reimburse.....

We have all major insurance contracts in place, not just pain & scar but we provide all compounding products including the "patch" which does not reimburse under compounding and generally bills out around $2k with a fill success rate of over 70%.

Call me at 985-377-2197 if you are interested in discussing. Looking for experienced reps with great physician relationships. We compensate our sales force great.....and we run a first class organization with integrity and good ethics.

985-377-2197

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol, this place is a joke. They only own 1 pharmacy. Not a wise move. Find a pharmacy that owns 10 or more in multiple states. Shortly, pharmacies will only be able to do 5% of their business out of state

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in need of a company that covers VA to roll my business over if anyone knows of one thanks!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think device reps are exempt from W2. OIG rules pertain to pharmaceutical entities who bill government. This is why all drug reps make a salary and bonus but no commissions.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To VA person looking for great Pharmacy.

contact: innovation600 gee mail You won't believe this company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bahahahha! This guy...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DDAY for express Scripts, today is the 2nd phase rollout of the denying of most compounds. We will see how this shakes out. I suspect only a few pharmacies will be around by year end.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is amazing how little compound pharmacy understands the pbm business.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard of Compounding Docs Pharmacy?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard of Southern Compounding Pharmacy?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No to both companies. If they are new---beware. Even the long standing companies are in trouble. Dermatran, MediMix, Concierge, all on the way out! Bad timing to get in this business.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

only company worth looking at now is RxPro compounding pharmacy. I believe they own almost 20 pharmacies nationwide and still acquiring. Have a few friends working with them, not the highest commissions..but the most steadiest and will be around when almost all others are closing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes several larger compound pharmacies as stated above are on there way out ,They could not withstand the vetting of credential process of Express Scripts and lost their express script contracts. pbm are onto the tactics of pharmacies changing names, transferring rxs to sister companies and 1099 sales forces,several boards of pharmacy are now to the wiser also.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are you with?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50 year old pharmacy with national footprint having licenses throughout the US
    - still growing and doing well
    - has the aleever pain patch as well
    - real time access via online portal and eFax
    call if you are interested in bringing your book of business or relationships to a proven, reliable pharmacy that has never lost any insurance contracts.

call me at (985) 377-2197

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These clowns are losers, lost most of their reps due to about 25% insurance coverage, stay far away. It took my friend 7 weeks to get his last check. He is flipping all his business to Supreme.