180 MEDICAL

Discussion in 'Urology' started by Anonymous, Nov 27, 2009 at 9:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone ever heard of this company? I am a specialty pharma rep in Urology and have an interview with 180 Medical. Should I jump over from pharma? Could someone give me some insight on this company (products, compensation, etc...)?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to know as well. I have an interview with them and can't find anyone who works for them. Any info is helpfull...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I know is that I was interviewing for a sales position, had a great phone interview, and webcam interview with three executives from the company. However I took an assessment that asked a lot of arbitrary questions (107 in one part, 28 in the other part), and a reference check, and I got a kiss off email from them this afternoon. I don't know the reason. I have been in the pharma/medical device biz for almost ten years with the same company with good numbers, and a great evaluation from 2009. I really can't believe that a company would weigh this "psychological" test so heavily, if so their loss.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what was the test like??? did they say why you failed or something to that effect?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wasn't the tests, it was either your references or your background check...i.e., credit report.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company has a lot of positions open. Anyone know much about it?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fastest growing company in their field--I bet it was because of your test =(

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on your territory. They don't have many insurance relationships in many territories, so you will bring in patients, but will lose them due to no insurance. Very few patients make it. They only do catheter service for long term self cath use, so most competitors do much more. I know, I'm a competitor. They also make their reps get extra paperwork that pisses off the Drs and nurses, which makes it nice for me.

Make sure you ask about which HMO insurances they are in network with and how well the current territory is established (if at all). They are growing, but most new hires are in a start up position, which is very tough.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You said they did a webcam interview. Did you ever think that with 10 years experience that you maybe had a few too many wrinkles on your face for them. Maybe they also decided with 10 years experience, they would have to pay you too much or that you were over qualified for the position. Just a thought.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well to the above poster, I have some wrinkles somewhere else and you can kiss em...just got a better paying job with a well known company anyway...they like my wrinkles...I can just about imagine what you can bring to the table (without wrinkles). the offices don't respect you because you're a young dumb A**....keep trying Junior.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dead solid post. If your territory isn't already established it is an uphill climb to say the least. If you're in urology already, you may have the relationships to overcome this. If not, they're not willing to allow you the necessary time to develop the relationships needed to succeed.

It might be a company / job to bridge the gap or to get a foot in the door to device sales, but I can't imagine it being a position many people are happy with long term.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would have to agree with most of the postings regarding 180. We are a small co. that does what co.'s like 180 and CCS used to do well - specialize in one category of DME. As these co.'s are sold to larger organizations, the focus becomes nothing more than volume (180 sold a majority share last year). I know this is not the best place to put this out there, but if you come from a urology background (or any position calling on physician offices) and have recent, solid urology contacts, I'd like to talk to you. We are not nearly as large as either co., but we also have none of the accompanying BS. You perform, you earn - nothing more than that. If you are good at this sort of work it is a matter of finding the right outfit to work for - ours or someone else. I'll check this posting to see if anyone out there has any interest, and we can work out a way to talk.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked for 180 Medical for 5 years now. I can understand your concern on some issues but here are the facts. Being a sales rep for 180 Medical is one of the most rewarding jobs out there that has all the resources needed to succeed. We have one of the largest insurance networks available to practices/physicians seeing patients with urological needs. 180 Medical puts you in a position to be successful.

180 Medical is founded on integrity, professionalism, and service. The federal government requires specific documentation from the physician's office to legally bill for intermittent catheters. Organizations that decide not to collect this documentation could potentially subject their organization, patient population, and physicians, to rack audits leading to fines and further reprimand. I feel confident working for a company like 180 knowing we’re doing the right thing. 180 Medical continues to set the standard when it comes to following the rules and regulations set by Medicare/Medicaid, and private insurance required to supply DME. I chose to work for the best and I’m glad I did.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above poster is incorrect. This last rep has been there 5 years and is the oldest rep in the country. What he failed to mention was, he has 6 states as his territory, has virtually NO competition, has great insurance and basically has a cakewalk. The other #2-5 reps in the country have a similar structure.

THE REST of the country has it a bit different. 180 Medical is first of all, a private company run by rednecks out of OK City. Today, if you are hired, you will likely get a portion of 1 state as your territory. You will also likely, get horrible insurance coverage and LOTS of competition...(10 other reps in your offices who offer THE EXACT SAME SERVICE as you). Plus, they've been in your territory for years longer than you. So, your job is to go to Urology offices, get the nurse to like you and fax a prescription to your office and then you need get her to give you all sorts of paperwork that she HATES to do. Essentially you are asking the nurses to do MORE WORK than she already has, for no reason than you are asking her to. They get no benefit for working with you and it is actually more work for them than sending the patient to a pharmacy. 180 Medical is just a catheter pharmacy.

Another problem is 70% of ALL the patients you get will NOT be serviced because either they are not in your insurance network, or a whole variety of issues, but 180 Medical still benefits from this. They just don't pay YOU. Basically, unless you are given a territory that is performing extremely well already, you are going to be screwed. An uphill climb someone said here is being very kind. Unless you are unemployed and on the streets, I would stay away. There are many better jobs than this. It is not a career move, only a job to get you to a better spot. Turnover is high because reps realize soon they will never be successful regardless of what they do. Keep in mind there are only about 20 reps in the entire country and they are losing reps as fast as they are hiring, so that tells you a lot. The other reps who haven't quit or gotten fired are hating it there. (except the gravy train top 5) I guess if I were the #1-5 rep there, I’d tell everyone how great it is, but only 5 people would believe me. Don’t take my word for it, find a rep who works there and ask them.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It amazes me how those who fail always have many excuses to share and excessive amounts of time to spend on message boards. Try and survive an audit working with that genius who was complaining about required paper work or that winner who is trying to find his sales candidate on a message board using using language like b.s. Whoever I interview with, I hope they have higher standards and expectations than some of the places to work I hear described by a select few here.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any update on this company? i'm thinking about pursuing an opportunity with them, but I can't find much information about 180. any new reps out there that can contribute?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah Nice for you until they get you for Medicare Fraud. Per Medicare all prescriptions require progress notes to show its medically necessary for catheters. You company better get on the ball

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never heard of 180 Medical until they sent me an e-mail that I was chosen for an interview with 2 national sales managers. The message also said that I needed to visit the company's website and familiarize myself with the company and its products. That was very nice of them to do so unless they lack respect of one's intelligence. The email told me to familiarize myself with SPIN selling.

I showed up at the interview. It turns out that it was a screening session. I met the screener in a hotel room. He sat behind a desk. As I was facing him, on the wall behind him was a large erasable board with the names (including mine) and time slots of 40 people to be screened that day. Each name had a time slot at a 15 minute interval. I couldn't help but focus on the names to see if I knew anyone and low and behold I did. That was so nice of them to inform me that I was competing against 39 other people unless they lack respect for people's privacy.

That was nice that they had me interview with a screener when the email represented the interview as being with 2 national sales managers unless they lacked respect for honesty.

I spent much time learning about 180 Medical, its products, and Spin Selling as I came prepared out of respect and the company has no regard.

The candidate that I knew spent $150 on her hair and nails the day prior for what could have been accomplished during a phone screen. Why did they have people incur expenses like this, tolls, gas, etc?

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My, my - feeling a little insecure, aren't we?! For someone with 10 years experience, you obviously have a lot of growing up to do.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard there is manager there who is a serial farter. This person will drop a gas bomb in your car and act like nothing happened. Besides that I have heard that the company is a great company. Just buy nose pluggs and a crisp air freshner.