185 gone

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they're remapping, realigning and restructuring the field! They already have that blueprint. They know exactly how the map looks. The only decisions that need to be made now are which DCS/DE etc.. is less likeable in low volume areas. Consulting with the area director and DBM solidifies the deal. Some areas will condense and some DBM positions will get squeezed out too (leadership) They know exactly where these positions are. The new ACL won't have enough experience to help make these choices. Some people are numbered already and they have no idea their name is sitting on someone's desk at home office. Guaranteed they have this completely down on paper minus a few tweaks right this minute.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IMO- I believe this is only the first round to get started. Cuts are coming in other areas, and when numbers again are not hit, they will have to cut much, much deeper into sales. We also have a ridiculous number of RAMs. It makes zero sense to keep as many as we have now. DL no longer needs to build his kingdom since he is the king now, so he can get rid of half this group that he created. Managers are now managing by fear and upper management is incapable of being true leaders. Sales numbers will continue to fall because of competition and Access becoming more restricted. The simple fact is, this is not the same company as it was 4+ years ago and it never ever will be again. Its a paycheck. But its not a great place to work anymore. Its sad, that such a great company with an outstanding reputation has fallen this much so quickly. All that being said, I worry more about the stock price. If wall street sees that market share is falling, the stock will fall soon after.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the 3rd layoff in as many years. In that time, they've probably eliminated about 500 reps and yet hardly a single manager. What makes you think "the next round" will be any different? They'll never trim the fat because the fat is what keeps the higher ups insulated.

We could cut half the DBMs tomorrow and have a negligible impact on topline sales. We could cut 90% of the bloated marketing departments who do nothing but come up with terrible ideas and campaigns.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which consulting company was used?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Drug reps are kind of dumb. The share price will be fine, the ceo in great shape, the reputation of the company doesn't depend on what a field sales rep thinks. It's no good to be a rep anymore. The job is over. The bonuses are not going to be there nor will the conditions that allowed this occupation to flourish. It was great while it lasted but the opportunities for so many to make a really good living, those are gone. Move on. Should have gone to medical school or became a dentist.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These calls are very exciting, informative, and transparent. I feel better and more motivated because of them. I believe that keeping things simple benefits employees and patients too. Good things are happening! Give it time and believe in your leaders! They are the best in the industry!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How can we trust these people when they decide to keep and expand the DE program ? Ridiculous.
    I would love to see the proof that they increase sales. Endo offices don't need them and very few PCP offices
    targeted seem to care about the training aspect. These guys are so full of themselves..

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree. I don't wish anyone lose their jobs but I don't see any return in my geography. I've seen offices annoyed with DE presence and I'm tired of their "collaboration". There is nothing to "collaborate" on, get out of my way and let me do my job and sell. What a joke that NNI would see a benefit expanding them.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Up until a few years ago, I worked for a world class corporate downsizer for more than 30 years. I survived numerous reductions in force. (aka layoffs) By they way, I bet you don't have to guess why I'm no longer employed by that shithole company!

Anyway.... I can see that many who post here don't understand how things work. So here's the deal; BIG people never get cut. It's always LITTLE people. If anything, more BIG people's names start appearing on the org charts. Of course, the LITTLE people always screamed "We need FEWER managers, VP's etc.!"

But that refrain fell on very deaf ears. Yes, it is insane. Very insane. It's also very real too.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"external partner."

Because our leaders are incompetent and can't formulate original business plans themselves, nor do they have the courage to ask the boots on the ground what we might actually think.

Consultants got us in this mess in the first place - "expand, expand, expand!"

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The more transparent they say they are the more we are being lied to.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they were on there u must have just fallen asleep.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone please hit this person in the head with a cooking pan

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know what our DE does? They drop off cornerstones resources at the offices that we already give cornerstones materials to. That's it. Seriously.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That was Dave and 4 of his five new commercial market VP's that typed that message.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who wants to bet that all of Dave's new commercial market VP's are his best budd's from J & J?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Already sick of these conference calls. Being told how great NNI is, hearing about how awesome NNI is for the Hurricane victims, telling us over and over again why the change is necessary (which really makes no sense), over use of buzz words, talking in circles, no answers and listening to their gravely voices (take some vitamin C and drink some water). Peace out.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why would a company keep employees if they were not contributing to revenue and ROI? Is it just to be "nice"? Is it just to "look good"? No, it is a business and every position needs to be accountable to the bottom line. ROI is assessed for ALL field employees. Each Field employee has a role and trends are increasing for DEs the more they coordinate with sales. We all win when we are all driving the business from every angle. The truth is we don't know what is going to happen in the future with any position here. Complaining about each other and being jerks about who should stay and who should go is ridiculous and only shows arrogance and fear. So instead of ASSUMING the DEs are not impacting sales and simply "drop off resources", why not call them? Work with them more. Coordinate your message to the docs. Strategize how they can help YOU. YOU sales rep that doesn't return a phone call and never shows up for a DE provider appt. USE THEM to help YOUR BUSINESS. treating them like the ugly step child results in them focusing on their own goals. DEs want nothing more than to make a difference. Help them do that WITH you and you WILL buy trust with your customers and influence their prescribing habits. Why is that so difficult for you to see long term results?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hopefully more of a lightweight skillet that makes a good 'BONG' noise when said person is hit