1996 Warner Lambert Employee - pension information

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Nov 8, 2019 at 12:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a previous Warner Lambert Employee from Nova Scotia, our facility was closed in Jan 1996. Can someone provide me the contact information to inquire about pensions? I am now ready to retire and have not been sent any information. If you want to contact me directly please email me at cindycraig111@outlook.com
    I would appreciate any help I can get with this.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

__________Contact HR. ________________

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

866 476 8723

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

naw kuld u hep me wit da swedish meatballs

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would you come to this board and ask the collection of morons that read and post here (yes, myself included!).

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Simple.......she's Canadian, duh!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1996? And you’re asking now? Good luck with Pfizer....

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Legacy Wyeth. Left PFE last year (my choice) and was offered lump pension. Discussed with financial advisors and chose lump sum since I’m in my early 50’s and have time, hopefully, for it to grow by re-investing it outside of Fidelity.

A heads up: if you choose to cash out, stay on top of Fidelity and document your interactions. I did everything by the book in terms of paperwork and deadlines and they dropped the ball. Sent me a check for my PFE PRAP, but did NOT send me the (much larger) Wyeth Pension lump sum. Called Fidelity last week and they admitted they made a mistake, but apparently the person who’s able to correct the problem is out of the office. To be continued....

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wyeth Legacy here. They front end loaded the lump sum pension for early retirement. They are inducing us to retire early. Smart move taking the lump sum now.
    Fidelity screws up often. I feel it's run by mainly millenials just like Pfizer's HR department.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is. Retired 6 mos age and they
    “ miscalculated” my payout by $42000.
    Fidelity gave me a crock of shit that their number was correct, but the govt pension
    agency told them differently. Pfuckers sent me all kinds of bullshit apologies.
    Should have sued the turds, but I got my money and couldn’t get away from Pfizer fast enough.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, they didn’t screw up; they were trying to screw you out of what is yours! The Pfizer way all the way. I transferred my 401 k to Vanguard. Fidelity....at least Fidelity/ Pfizer, SUCKS!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fidelity made me millions. Never had a problem.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big blue is the premier flagship of pharma. To work here was an honor.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve watched 60,000 employees from acquired company’s get let go and never in my twenty five years has my position been in jeopardy. Old and smart folks win every time!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HahahahahaHaha!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That you know of.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How did you realize the $42k shortfall? Was it a pre 65 lump sum or did you wait till 65 to take it?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

None here either.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

66 and 35 years. I contemplated leaving at 62, but that left too much on the table. Every year
    I ran the numbers with at least three calculators....one was Fidelity’s, one was a government one, and the other was Vanguard’s. All were basically the same, including F’s, but when it came time to collect, Pfizer/Fidelity’s calculation for payout was 42k short of the number I had calculated. I then ran it by a CPA, and CFP, who agreed with my number.
    When I requested my check, the Pfizerbots.....stupid kids....were 42k short....and also wrong on my healthcare premium by about 250/ mo. Fidelity did acknowledge the error, but only after trying to bullshit their way out of it three times. A letter from my lawyer to Pfizer and Fidelity got them to cough it up.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great response. Thanks.

I'm interested in how you ran the numbers? Was it based on the annuity payout and its net present value? If so what exact interest rate did you use and how did you find it? Is it published, easy to find and is it constantly changing?

I was told by Fidelity that Wyeth's lump pension was calculated using simple interest not compound interest, thus front loaded to entice early retirement. Was your calculation different since you took it at 65?