2 weeks notice- info needed

Discussion in 'Vivus Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Feb 3, 2014 at 6:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The PDI employee policy states that you should give 2 weeks. My manager has a history of making your last day the day you resign. If you are a favorite rep then you will be told to keep your resignation until the last day and then officially resign. If you are not a favorite rep then you don't get the 2 weeks to wrap everything up. Giving 2 weeks has always been accepted in other pharma companies and I am not sure why PDI would be any different. I also don't want a bad reference if I don't give notice and that comes back to haunt me down the road.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 weeks not required. Give notice when you are ready to cease work. Only use trusted reference source. PDI can only give dates of employment. Yes, how they handle resignations are individualized.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ready to quit and have received offer. Do they have to pay me my bonus if I'm not here on payout day?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bonus - good luck with that.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand. Pretty clear to me. Two weeks notice is the standard and they usually allow you to work through so you can transition appointments with customers. If your counterparts did not work their two weeks it was their decision. Bonus? my territory bonus looks good but NO you will NOT get it if you are not here on the day of payout. What is the deal with all the negatives? Things seem better today and easier than before retail. Why so negative.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be same person who keeps posting asking why so negative because you think things are better. The sales reps in this organization are at the lowest point yet in morale. The PDI management treats them like they are to be seen and not heard and the Vivus management treats them like they are 2nd class citizens. Both groups have lied about bonus structure or payouts . What company have you ever worked for that goes to a 5 month bonus plan and tells you how really great this is for you. To top it off the upper management spent over $450,000 dollars on their own bonus for 5 people whose only success for this year was driving the stock down to $6.00 . Now above poster are you getting why everyone is so negative.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey CT shouldn't you be working its only 3.00 pm in sunny California.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorry you haven't earned any bonus. my territory is doing well and growing. I like the new bonus program and made some good money on my last bonus. I cant help what the executives give themselves but neither can the people you keep blasting. All start ups go through stuff like this. Do you think any dream company started with everything perfect. Good Luck

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry about me I was in top 30% moved on because what you think is a great bonus is funny. It sure isn't the bonus you discussed in San Diego. You are so touchy !!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok- Mr Vivus Manager not rep haha. I am far gone but have great friends left . My biggest question is when are you going to tell reps the 10k is off the table because forecast not met but the board top 5 decided in to spend $460,000 for themselves. Please answer because I didn't have a DM not Reg that could respond . Don't answer all companies do things like this. This was my 3rd startup and only one where I was royally screwed!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok- are you now too sick to answer the question? It was just one little tiny question! Make sure you put that (sick) day in as vacation . Only company I know that doesn't give sick days. Heaven help you if you have a sick child or parent.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes they pay you out your bonus as long as you've worked past dec 31st you'll get it in Feb.
    Even before us who quit and worked the entire quarter received bonus checks even though they were no longer on the books. They are not evil at PDI!!