20 Restricted shares of S-A stock

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could someone clarify what happened with these shares? I have an email dated Nov 22 2010 which states C Viehbacher was proposing that all employees would be awarded 20 restricted shares of stock. However, I have no other documentation. Can anyone who recalls this explain what actually happened? Thanks in advance.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should have received a packet in the mail outlining the details with option/exercise date, etc. I have a copy and will pull from my files and post back tomorrow or Friday with the info you need.

Even if you didn't get the packet you should still have those shares as those records are on file with Sanofi - those shares are yours.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you're bitching about $800 worth of stock? Must be a meter maid..... uhhum....I mean "device" rep.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When were they distributed? I was one of those who took the vol. sev pkg with end date of 1/5/12. Maybe I lost out because of that situation.

Thank you for responding and in advance for further info. I hesitate to call HR as I may not have been part of the program since I took the vol sev pkg. Just wanted to clear it up. Thanks for responding.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Work on improving your social skills and enroll in anger management classes. Someone just asked a simple question.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The shares mature in 2014, and if you took voluntary severance you still own the rights to them. Everyone will be contacted regarding the disposition in 2014.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You hold the rights to receive 20 shares (you don't actually own the shares until awarded after the vesting period of 4 years). As previous poster stated you will receive ownership in 2014.

I checked the rules in the packet and you remain eligible if you were displaced. Under the Special Cases, the rules state:

I keep my rights to receive 20 shares at the end of the vesting period in the following cases:
    - I retire or leave on early retirement,
    - I am dismissed for a reason other than serious or gross misconduct,
    - the Groupp company I am working for has been sold by sanofi-aventis.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for saying that. This site could be more beneficial if everyone would extend a little courtesy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Can't we all just get along?"

Rodney King

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"people who know the least always shout the loudest"

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I looked into it. The restricted grant is still viable. Sanofi has not elected a bank to handle the transaction yet. (Normally handled through BoNY, Mellon, Citi or perhaps even a Brokerage). anyway, it is still 20s SNY Shares (40 SNY ADRs).....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is where I am confused. I never received a packet in the mail. So how would I know if My name is included. Was there any reply needed to activate this share designation? Where did the info on the 2014 stock dispersal come from? I never saw any paperwork and my computer access was shut down in the interim. What document were you reading from ? Just curious if I was overlooked. It wouldn't be a surprise to anyone with longevity with S-A that this might happen to one or more individuals...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want my TWO DOLLARS!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not the point. However, if you need to be put your "two cents in" have at it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone have info on this?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were qualified to receive it at the time, you are still going to receive the shares once the maturity date is met. There is a fiduciary in Paris handling the transaction, and the address to write them is in the original paperwork. I wrote them, because I severed and retired both in January '11 and was curious, and got a very polite email back from them right away. Here is the text of the email I received:

"Actually, the "shares" you hold are not shares at the moment, they are RIGHTS that were attributed to Sanofi's employees in 2010.
    These rights will transform into shares in October 2014 for the employees still being in the company OR having retired from the company, as it is your case.
    Knowing that, you don't have to do anything at the moment and actually are not able to do anything.
    You will receive the needed information related to these shares next year by the end of 2014. Sanofi will then inform you about your shares and how to redeem them."

Hope that helps.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have the packet in hand. The prior post is "spot on". We will receive the 20 shares in October 2014.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK Donald Trump, go fly your jet and leave us alone dickhead.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok so what are these share worth? I can't find the mailing I received from the company. I believe it said they had gone up in value by soomething like 70%.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not after today. Market roared, Sanofi tanked on the rumor.