20 years...

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by Paul Steffan, Jun 16, 2018 at 1:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was it wrong for Purdue to train reps to spot all the red flags that indicate diversion? No that was a good thing! But what WAS wrong was Purdue rarely if ever took the information they had to law enforcement! There were many cases where every red flag possible was evident and i would call JZ in the law department to report what was going on and would be told not to go in anymore, but Purdue would sit back and just keep letting the sales roll in! Especially if doc was a big OxyContin writer. Nothing ever came of our reports other than Purdue didn’t have to pay the rep bonus but they didn’t do the right thing and report these outrageous instances to law enforcement because it meant to big of a loss for Purdue! Sad!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we can agree to that, because I’m not going to argue over a time I wasn’t employed there. I can just say that while I was at Purdue, the things poster#5 suggested, wasn’t happening.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was thereby from 96 to 2005. Everything poster 5 said absolutely happened...and then some!!! If you weren't thereby during those years, shut up cuz yu have nothing to offer this conversation. After all, the post was about 20 years ago....moving forward

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re an idiot.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best post on this Purdue board. Well said!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PS you are my friend and my brother. I am so sorry to hear of your health issues and will keep you in my prayers. You are a good man and there are/were many good men and women working at Purdue. There were also a lot of flaming assholes. Company management created the culture that rewarded and perpetuated the spread of these miscreants. Many of their names have already appeared in this post. Just my perspective. I too, drank the koolaid right up until the meeting when Lang trotted out the new Sales Rep of the Year who nobody knew because he'd been in the job for only 11 months. "Who is this guy"? When Lang told us that we needed to find out what this rep was doing in his territory because he was so successful "in spite of the diversion issues", I knew the company had lost it's soul. That was a long time ago (it might have been the Anatole meeting, not sure). It's been circling the drain ever since. I left shortly after that meeting. I'm actually surprised it's lasted as long as it has. Best wishes to those with career years left in your job searches. I'll bet a bunch of you wish you could turn back the clock to those innocent pre-Oxy days: MS Contin, Uniphyl, Senokot, Betadine...small bucks, big fun. Sigh.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very well put...Purdue's management were great at brainwashing reps into believing that Purdue reps were the "best of the best", when in reality, those that made the HUGE bonus checks were the ones with a bunch of "whales" in their territory. It didn't take selling skills to sell oxy to a whale, as Purdue named them. I would imagine it was as simple as selling candy to a child. Purdue also brainwashed the reps into believing that all media outlets were the enemy, that all they did was print lies. In fact, I recall when I went through my original 3 week training class, they told us we knew more than law enforcement officials about opioids. Then they taught us how to educate law enforcement should the occasion ever arise. Right after this training, One girl in our training class went home for the weekend and never came back. I couldn't imagine why until years later, I learned her husband and her father were police officers. If only I hadn't been so hoodwinked by purdue, I would gave left long before I did.

Purdue = brainwashing evil geniuses!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There WAS no mention of Purdue reps knowing more than law enforcement when I went through training, although I absolutely believe it.

The absolute gall of Purdue managers to even imply anything close to that is complete bills**t. Prob why they stopped that part of the "training".

Purdue = SCUM OF THE EARTH !!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left years ago and didn’t drink the koolaid, those who stayed till the end got just what they deserved!!! Sorry to be so cruel but you all did, if you had a fraction of a brain you would of gotten out ASAP. Now you are all crying and why, because you were stupid enough to believe in years of lies and deception.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came to Purdue in '98 and left in '03. I can still repeat verbatim the statement under 'addiction' in the PI and I have to admit, I bought it - it made sense. I feel sorry for the current folks losing their jobs but even more so because of the inevitable subpoenas or at-home visits that are coming their way. Having to go through that shit-show was the worst.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manger was the best at trying to brainwash reps! If you said anything to him that was contrary to what Purdue wanted the reps to think he would spend the entire 2 days you worked with him trying to convince you or brainwash you into purdue’s spin on an issue! It was horrible! My best friend in the district did NOT drink alcohol but after a 2 day session with this manager she would have to go get a drink just to try to unwind!! Ya can’t make this $hit up about our time at this crazy circus!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I stayed for longer than I ever should have, but was not in sales, instead HO. HO was the most corrupt, unethical group of people I have ever encountered. I recall the day when they brought Rudy Guiliani to tell the employees that we were all great, better than great. We were all told that people who died from overdoses were addicts, and that we held no fault for their actions. Anyone who didn't buy into the script was subsequently fired with DN's (HR) and PL's (also HR) very easy assistance. Anyone who recognized the corrupt going ons throughout the building, including the deep and coordinated effort of the family and the executives, well, they too were easily dispensed of. Do you recall the day 9/11 happened? Do you remember what was said that day by the top sales leadership? I can't exactly quote because it has been 17 years ago, but it was on the line of finally having a news distraction from all of the lawsuits. That was pretty damn interesting, because the owner of WTC was Dr. Mortimer's very close friend. Interestingly enough, our insurer was in the WTC, but "coincidentally" all of our paperwork got out of the building just two days prior! If you don't realize the power that the Sackler family wields, you clearly have your head in the sand. If you think all of those Sackler Wings are not smoke and mirrors, you are ignorant. Yes, there were good people who worked there, but there were many more morally corrupt people than there were good people.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know what the executives at HQ said, but the voice mail the field sales force received from Russ Gasdia regarding the horrendous 9/11 terrorist activity was that at least something has come along to replace Oxycontin abuse/ overdose as front page headlines. I cant even absorb into my brain how callous and inhumane the individual that came up with that was/is. And that's a perfect example of how callous Purdue's entire executive team was to deaths of patients and the devastation of families due to their unending greed.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is enough bad to cover without lies like this.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do you assume it is a lie? It was stated by the individual from HQ and reiterated by a salesforce member. Tell me this: why would anyone lie about such a thing?

Or is this one of the few facts that the media hasn't gained hold of yet??

Were you even employed by Purdue in 2001??

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It happened! It’s probably Janet trying to cover for Russ!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clearly you were not there at the time, as I know first hand this happened, as do a whole lot of other people. Bad enough to drink the koolaid, but get off your high horse if you don't know what you are talking about. We do.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Feel bad for people who lost their corrupt job or having to go thru subpoenas? Every Purdue employee who looked the other way or pretended they were “brainwashed” by executives and they “didn't know any better” deserves to be unemployed and unemployable. Individuals who actually take a stand against corruption in this industry and shed light on the evil practices are subject to life long blacklisting. Go cry to your shrink that you don’t have a paycheck that was funded through corrupt illegal and downright despicable sales tactics.