2016 Spinal RIF

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by anonymous, May 1, 2016 at 7:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is one thing that will ruin the integrity of this company. People are being hired and promoted into positions they have no knowledge of based solely on making progress on diversity. To any investors of this company, my word to them is make sure you diversify your portfolio!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's Medtronic!!! starting Q3 and already planning for the RIF in June!!! I hope 1 RTG RVP is on the list!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hopefully some lazy spine dm’s are on the list as well.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I'll never understand why MDT keeps hiring lazy, entitled white males for every job of any significance.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DM's in TG's area are bad.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Expected but not sure how deep of a cut. One of the bad signs is the biz seems to encourage us to look elsewhere for employment.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

seen most recent PR on Medtronic restructure? estimated near a billion $ for severance. that means a lot of us losing jobs in next few years. do your math maybe 15-25k - a massive layoff spread out over time. spine is vulnerable with low or no growth. The end of this fy will be ugly. Any one with more info?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure when it will hit. Unsettling, fear and stress are all bad for morale and productivity. It is tough to work in this environment.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No doubt RTG will have another RIF in June again, take that to the bank!!!! I would also bet that commission rates will decrease across all business units. Roy Gavin and his minions do not care about the people doing the daily grind. They only care about the shareholders and how to increase profits.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New rounds expected to begin May-June time frame. Smaller but more frequent rif expected. this “saving” initiative will continue for the next few years based on news release. Good luck to all!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Having senior employees training new grads whom will replace them will save billion of $ but it takes many RIFs in the next few years. Wall Street seems to like that restructure strategy if we look at stock price lately.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

people are most valuable asset of corporation.That’s where more profits can be squeezed out when it can’t grow the biz. Sad

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not according to Roy Gavin and his team. You are a number that is easily replaced. 'Customers buy from Medtronic and not local reps'. It's a laughable statement but I have heard it from RVP's before........

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are in last quarter. Based on press release rif will happen for saving purposes regardless of performance, which is unlike previous years. That is concerning to say the least. Let us hope for the best.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here comes the RIF's again! Roy and RTG ask you to push hard into the close so you can be let go in May/June!!!