2018 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by anonymous, Nov 4, 2017 at 4:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

250 roles will be eliminated in the first quarter of 2018. It will impact all departments.

Don't get caught with your pants down - get your resumes updated.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was told in the very near future the company is going down to about 140 reps

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lay me off please! This is ridiculous.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The beauty of the last 18 years promoting Oxy is everyone knows about it now and it sustains itself without any detailing whatsoever. Amazing ROI for the owners of the company....the hundreds in millions in revenues continue to pile up and major cost reduction in the sales force. Like printing money!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that is true but market share and dollar amount per script are dropping like a rock! Many major managed care companies are turning their backs on Purdue now that they have other options and the CDC guidelines and morphine equivalents have done away with the high doses of Oxy patients from days gone bye! Long gone are the patients who were on 4,000mg-8,000 mg daily. Today no pharmacy would fill that and no insurance company would approve it even if some whack job would write it and there’s still idiots who would write it! So the Sacklers are letting Oxy ride and the money keeps rolling in but they have to be worried when they look at the books and see the declines from their cash cow! Symproic is going nowhere fast and it is only a matter of time until layoffs. Does anyone disagree ?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you disagree that there will be big time layoffs in early 2018???

Money from Oxy is going down. PP is not renewing managed care agreements for Oxy.

Hysingla has not taken off and probably will never take off.

Symproic will not be a big revenue earner for a long time (if ever).

Mark Timney never did a Transformative Deal to get PP diversified.

Agree?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All true but you seem questionably optimistic about Symproic. It’s going nowhere!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe they are making attempts at downsizing by first encouraging reps to resign. This is far easier than working through any possible lawsuits stemming from termination/layoffs. It is also cost effective vs severance packages. What are the percentages of reps hitting goal with Symproic? Targets, reach and frequency, amount of samples left, amount of samples not left, too many lunches, not enough lunches, and Butrans leads set up for failure (company does not want Butrans growth, generic growth yes). Corporate cluster. Just sayin.....

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And competition just got huge wins. Still have to grow market and overachieve just to make decent bonus.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Red team should be ok, ATBM,s will move into different role and blue/purple will likely be gone. 30% of management gone. December 15 will roll it out.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fleet orders being pushed into January would support this theory

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You all are a pack of Paranoid DB A$$es. New product coming 2018. Layoff??? Idiots...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fake news...but I have to admit I love the sound of 30% ( why can't it be more ) of managers being shown the door!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not fake news.. when do you people get it? I’m hanging on at the home office I know what’s up.. CEO, CFO, Director of sales training, Drumk Lisa etc... gone or displaced within the last 9 months... what more do you need? A severance ? You might get a choice but I’m guessing two weeks and any owed vacation.. TRUST ME.. I’m in the super know.. trust me and make plans to get something else.. Jesus it happened two years ago with some of our best.. you think you are special?? Don’t be fat dumb and lazy those checks will stop abruptly.. fyi

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I bet you are the dumbass who said Cramer wasn’t coming back because he relocated to California and he wouldn’t uproot his little children. Baawaaa! LMAO. You are definitely not in the know. I bet you voted for Trump too. BAAWAAA! Idiot.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes I hope your manager thinks that you are more of an asset than a liability if not bye-bye’n

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are right. If they screwed over some of their best reps a couple years ago what makes us think they have any loyalty to us now! I️ personally have seen the writing on the wall for quite a while and I will be shocked if it is only 250 reps. This company does not need 400 reps to sell Hysingla and symproic!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So WHY are YOU so incredibly STUPID NOT to double dip????
    YOU just defined it all!!!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you’re in the super know, why are you still here genius?