Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by anonymous, Dec 30, 2018 at 10:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is to a better year in 2019! Cheers to all.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I highly doubt it. Things have been getting worse and worse at Convatec. If employee chatter is any indication then all of the top talent is leaving or has already left. It is sad how many people that I know are looking for new jobs. No one cares and the morale is the worst I have ever seen it in 15 years. I forsee another mass exodus. This company does not value their employees. The pay is an absolute joke. One of the worst pay structures in the industry. Things will only improve once Convatec gets their cheap heads out of their asses and start to value their experienced and tenured employees more. It appears that Convatec is content with the constant revolving door and hiring young inexperieced reps to replace actual talent. Convatec here is a clue for you, if you treat your employees like shit then that is the work that you will get in return. If you treat them well and pay better you will have a happy and motivated sales force that will do well for you. Even the newbie young twenty somethings are complaining about the low salary. That is just sad. This used to be a great company. I am leaving after 15 years and getting paid 25k more in base alone. Despite hearing the same old complaints during exit interviews nothing changes. Futher proof that this company could care less about their employees. I promise in 5 years they too will finally realize the importance of valuing and fairly compensating their employees.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I could not agree more. This is very sad. Spend less time pretending the company has such wonderful values and behaviors and walk the talk. I have never seen a company that cares less about its employees. Soon the leadership will wake up talking to themselves because everyone will have jumped ship.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have to agree with the comments above. This company should be ashamed of the way that they treat loyal employees. They expect more and more work for less and less pay. The majority of folks that I talk to are unhappy here and looking elsewhere while collecting a paycheck. Great environment ( not) Convatec has created by treating loyal employees like shit. When you treat your loyal employee’s like garbage then you will get the same from them in return. You will get more results by paying well and having motivated workers. Killing ourselves for peanuts just does not seem worth the effort. Part of the reason this company did not hit plan last year is because 90% of the employees hate working here. Top notch products but shitty pay and treatment of employees. I am on my 3rd interview elsewhere and am estatic to leave what once was a great place to work. I will share all of this during my exit interview. I never understood why Convatec conducts these stupid exit interviews when they just ignore the feedback. I have no doubt that they hear the same feedback over and over again yet nothing changes. The morale behind the scenes is terrible. The pay is so bad. Start compensating your employees for the work they do. If you are considering working here do yourself and favor and go elsewhere. You can make more money working at McDonalds. You will be more valued there.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey George---

We all want you to succeed. Consider this as me 'leaning in". Some advice. You have a good many people in important management jobs that DO NOT belong in them. Interview them. See what they REALLY know about our business, not just what they say they know. Too much empire building going on here. Many UNACCOMPLISHED people with big jobs, grand opinions and little knowledge.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey George I would like to “lean in”as well. This company treats their employees like shit. Treat your employees with respect and pay them more than the mere peanuts that are currently being doled out. Two of your top marketing folks just left. That speaks volumes. Wake up.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes George. I'll lean in too with the following fun facts. No-one whose left in your wound marketing department knows a damn thing about any of our wound care products. Loosing Marc and Andrea was a huge knowledge drain to our company. Nobody with the slightest clue is left in Senior Management. And just as bad--- many of your (newer) RSMs have NO experience selling Convatec wound care,(or any wound care for that matter) and many have little if any real sales management experience. Can you say Enterprise rent - a car?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I was the head of HR, I would be making personal calls to anyone left in the company that has any value. I don’t think HR has a clue how people are feeling, how the company culture is collapsing and how many people (if not all) simply want to leave. But this won’t happen, head of HR prefers to hide in the ivory glass, commenting inspirational quotes on LinkedIn. WAKE UP... actually, don’t bother, it’s probably too late.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ConvaTec has been on life support for 20 plus years. If you are still getting a paycheck...you are far ahead of the game. BMS bought Celgene to stay relevant in the 21st century. ConvaTec will soon go away from the BMS fold. Dilly....dilly!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can start by eliminating war room calls and Quickbase. What is the purpose of these calls? Do an anonymous survey asking RSM’s and the salesforce what they REALLY think about Quickbase and the effectiveness of war room calls.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR does know how unhappy people are. They have been told by enough people during exit interviews and current employees. They have not done anything about improving the morale with the feedback that has been given. It is all lip service and no action.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What other company in the whole world hires RSMs that never sold their products? not a strand of Aquacel in their lives, (and I think it's fair to say many couldn't)? These same trolls come in a pontificate how to position products to our customers (who they neither know or understand). George, challenge some of the RSMs who were hired over the past several years and who were NEVER sales people here first to sell you Foam or moldable, AAA or any of our products. Hint: (They can't). The ones with the biggest mouths know the least.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Convatec needs to promote managers from within. Why is Convatec so hard up about promotions in general? Is it really that hard to recognize the efforts of your peeps? If 6 people deserve a promtion then 6 people should get one. Is Convatec really that hard up ? The crappy 3k increase in salary for deserving reps will not kill you. I am so glad I left.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sadly this company does not even know how to identify the right employees to promote and into what roles. Our region experienced first hand the notion that just because someone is a good representative, they should be promoted to an RSM. Huge fail all the way around. Totally different skill set and on top of that, the person promoted was despised by almost the entire region even before she was promoted. One by one almost the entire team left. That RSM was also eventually demoted and moved to where she could do the least amount of harm. Not managing anyone. Amazing how we are still in business. Clowns to the left, Jokers to the right!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There was fresh blood for almost 3 years. Things were so much better. In the last year things have gone to hell again. New blood but not the right blood. I forsee more people leaving.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good one! I know exactly who you are referring too. Nauseating and dark times.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fresh Blood? So much better? The last 3 years were a disaster because of the fresh blood and the incompetents they in turn bought in (many of whom are still there). Oh yes! thanks for rebuilding the corporate culture TM, Great job! I honestly didn't think it could be worse than it was when you came. I was wrong. Also terrific hiring during your tenure, DB, SG, and lets not forget that powerhouse of critical thought CS-all gone- thank god. And who was that gem that was brought in to run corporate accounts that was replaced last year?? People come and go so fast, you can't even remember their names.

ANYTHING would be an improvement over the last 3 years. Just freaking mind numbing.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did hear that there are more cuts this week