2020 HSA premium doubled?

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by anonymous, Oct 21, 2019 at 8:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like paragraph 4 of the Credo continues to be the only one that matters.

Checking today, it looks like the cost for an individual doubled from $425 to $950 for the HSA plan.

At this point does it make more sense to just carry the HMO? $1400 deductable - $500 HSA contribution + $925 premium is $1825 vs $1925 premium for the HMO...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the HSA plan allows you to save pre-tax. The HMO does not allow this feature.

In the HSA plan you can contribute up 6-7k, pre-tax, but you do not have to spend it that year. So if you are healthy, you can have a sizeable nest egg to spend on health care expenses down the line.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty bad when government run healthcare is better that the healthcare JNJ provides. HSA has 6x the deductible of Medicare, premiums are higher, and will only cover 60% of medical or Rx expenses when the deductible is met. Medicare covers 80%. This has to be the worst medical plan in the industry. I guess they are testing the waters to see if insurers are in the market for selling supplemental plans for commercial patients! Don’t forget that the fee for the “privilege” of adding a working spouse has now increased to $1350.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been on my spouse's insurance since I got hired here 3 years ago. He's a public school teacher. His insurance is better than ours.

25 years I've been in pharma. Never seen such shitty benefits. Not even when I was a contract rep. A public school teacher gets better benefits than this "Health Care" company??

J&J sets the bar for THE BOTTOM of the industry. Credo!? What a fuckin joke.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess hell to the employees, We need to pay for the law suits.
    Probably like the Congressman in DC, our higher ups probably have a totally different health plan. Do tell !?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As if meeting the high deductible wasn’t bad enough, now, we all can look forward to paying 40%out of pocket vs. last year’s 20%

Pretty bad when government run healthcare is better that the healthcare JNJ provides. HSA has 6x the deductible of Medicare, premiums are higher, and will only cover 60% of medical or Rx expenses when the deductible is met. Medicare covers 80%. This has to be the worst medical plan in the industry. I guess they are testing the waters to see if insurers are in the market for selling supplemental plans for commercial patients! Don’t forget that the fee for the “privilege” of adding a working spouse has now increased to $1350.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The best BC Personal choice $0 deductible $0 co-pay.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What will make you even more sick...as you go up the corporate ladder, you don't pay the same premiums as the reps. Sort of like the government. The rich get richer and the poor well pay more.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And leadership's take is "our healthcare benefits are competitive with our peers", which means JNJ has decided being average is good enough.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like the pay.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JNJ is trying to encourage employees to sign up on a spouse's plan instead of JNJ. At some point it will be cheaper to sign up under ACA than use JNJ provided "benefit" insurance. Have you done a comparison?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

According what the above posters are saying regarding the cost of the premiums you at JnJ are paying WAY OVER what other reps are paying for Premiums. I was looking at applying for a position at JNJ and I am glad I won’t!! What a sucky company! All because of talcum powder, cancer AND asbestos..... Thank you for having it made in CHINA! You get what you pay for and patients and your company is paying for it. Not to mention the opioid mess!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work for Depuy, under a distributor, I don't get insurance, I have to purchase on my own. We are not even offered to purchase JNJ ins. So much for the credo

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you're paid by the distributor then you wouldn't be offered JNJ insurance.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know, but it would be nice to have that option to purchase . After all, we are representing JNJ and have to take all JNJ compliance tests. Credo is a joke

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True, but JNJ is not a nice company. Profit first and foremost. They're doing their best to limit the # of people they have to offer health insurance, pension and retirement benefits to. It's one of the reasons why they're outsourcing more and more.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have an idea, Trim Gorsky's pay package a few million/year. Seems like a few dark clouds are following him through his career. Not worth that amount of money.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The dark clouds have been following him for close to 20 years. That’s why he left JNJ between 2004-2008, he was in hiding from off-label promotion of another drug during his sales “leadership” days.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We should come up with a new credo. I propose, "We'll try not to fuck you up too bad."

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is good, but I prefer:

"We're sorry we fucked you up so bad. It was not intentional. We simply didn't care enough not to."