Discussion in 'Santarus' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well 10 months ago you laid me off Santarus. I'm so happy to see you doing so fn well. A 3.19 stock price is impressive. It must be that stellar management team of yours. From Gerry all the way down; apparently to the bottom of the sales rankings where most of the previous managers are sitting. Your sales strategy was always blame the reps...not our fault apparently. Company still sucks and the only people left are the reps that told Doug Peterson how good-looking he was (Rod McCLoud) which is hard to stomach and the other brilliant kiss-asses like Fatty Mc hillenbrand who brings bagels at 5:00 am but never hits 100%. Excellent idea. Let's promote him to.. is there any opportunity there?

Have the laid-off managers found jobs yet? DOubt it. I guess there are not many jobs out there for men wearing tutu's, Elvis impersonators, and managers who still haven't figured out spellcheck. (Doug you fn idiot--it's A LOT not allot. You should thank God everyday you have a job.)

So how much is Julie in HR making now, 4500 per rep in salary and bonus? It's criminal how overpaid you are for tracking sick time and getting the paychecks out. I hope the class action lawsuit bites you all in the ass.

Santarus---the most impressive set of losers compiled in one company EVER. Thank you for letting me go. I have had the best 10 months of my career.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't have to spell check the word "bitter." Dude - we know it sucks - get over it and on with your life.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a class action lawsuit? Tell me more....I've been gone for awhile but was an original hire...I want in! Who do I contact?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Form 8-K for SANTARUS INC

13-Dec-2010

Other Events

Item 8.01 Other Events.
    On December 8, 2010, a complaint styled as a putative class action was filed against Santarus, Inc. (the "Company") in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York by a person employed by the Company as a sales representative and on behalf of a class of similarly situated current and former employees of the Company. The complaint seeks damages for alleged violations of the New York Labor Law 650 �� et. seq and the federal Fair Labor Standards Act. Such alleged violations include failure to pay for overtime work. The complaint seeks an unspecified amount for unpaid wages and overtime wages, liquidated and/or punitive damages, attorneys' fees and other damages. The Company intends to vigorously defend against the litigation.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now you've done it! Overtime pay to salespersons who take off a morning here an there to take their kid to the doctor. Then you will have GPS on your bag so that the company can track you and make sure you are working and not sitting in a Starbucks. And don't forget the 8 hour day, that is 9-6 with an hour for lunch. Oh, there's the time-clock you will have to punch to make sure that you are at work at 9am and off at 6pm, and clocking out for lunch, of course. Also you will have to be at your first stop of the day on your own time, like driving to work for the office people, at 9am. which is perfectly leagal in the eyes of the labor laws.I know very few reps that put more than an 8 hour day (working, seeing docs) I am not talking about stopping at the department store to check out the weekly specials or the quick run by the market on your way home, or the quick stop at Mom's house because your were in the area. Sure sometiime you have a breakfast at 8am and sometimes have a dinner program, and of course those can be accommatated for. But be VERY careful for what you wish for!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like they vigorously defended against Par? I hope they hire the same wonderful, terrific, awe-inspiring, best-in-the-industry lawyer.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know the name of the attorney to contact?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So clearly you know not of what you speak. First show me anywhere in our job description or on any document where is says we are to be in the field at a certain time to a certain time, like 8 to 5. Find that one for me…you won’t because it does not exist. Who says I don’t wake up and starting at 8AM go over my territory/numbers/input calls for an hour and then go into the field at 9AM. I was after all working for that hour. You are confusing working with ‘being in the filed’. And that is why most of these lawsuits are settled in favor of the reps. Also the reason you will not find a ‘must be in the field from 8AM until 5PM is that would clearly violate overtime laws as you would be expected to complete your admin after company hours…and we all know how important the admin is as most people get fired because of admin issue than sales numbers. HR departments purposefully do not put “in the field” hours in our documents. Working is working whether it is calling on offices or doing expense reports. It is all work. I’ve been at this for 16 years and I have never once had a manager say ‘do your admin’ before 8AM or after 5PM. I was a manager for 8 years and HR specifically forbids you from saying things like that as our ‘normal’ work day is 8AM to 5PM and any instruction from a manager to do so could be viewed as a violation. Now if you as the rep, choose to do your admin on your time, with no direction or pressure from your manager than that is your choice and the company is certainly not going to stop you.

Again the meat of the matter is whether we are exempt employees(which outside sales falls under) or non-exempt(which field marketing reps falls under). Since we do not tangible sell anything, or take purchases orders, a Federal Judge has already declared pharmaceutical reps as “marketing reps” and not outside sales reps.

Google pharma rep over time lawsuits to educate yourself.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahhhh...but my manager, the prick he was....DID write in my field reports "MUST BE IN FIELD FROM 8-5" CHI-CHING!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep that field report. If he wrote that you have a great case. And you right he was a prick...stupid prick at that! Good luck!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know of reps that have in writing the same. 8 to 5 in the field selling time only. Admin, dinners etc on your own time. If it is class action then you can contact the lawyers representing the case.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, wonder where the bitter original poster is now.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it's fatty mc Hillenberg

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still bitter huh? BH did extremely well and now lives on the beach.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is the OP? Probably hating himself.

Yes, BH is living on the beach in FL and loving it. RM, and you spelled his name wrong also bought a Florida home. And the others you whined about all did extremely well with that $3.19 stock!!!!!!

Just checking out old CP and realized good old Santarus is still alive here. Enjoying the old posts and reminiscing