"300"

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by leonidas, Mar 6, 2007 at 6:34 PM.

1. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Incredible, but very close in at second place. Not bad run though and third place is way out. The momentun continues.
    Interesting timing however with the above post about the 15 captured British marines, it's the same fight.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm looking forward to the first historically accurate movie that depicts the slave trade in Africa and truly shows who profited from the slave ships the most....

3. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

I believe "Amistad" was not a bad depiction of what you request, and historically partially accurate.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And NO ONE went to see it because NO ONE cares about them.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw it. FUCK YOU!

6. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Not true. I saw it, I am interested and the theaters were packed. Lighten up man love your fellow man. We are ALL the same. loving and helping makes life so much more worthwhile and meaningful. A life full of hate for other people is so empty and meanigless. Go to a soup kitchen, volunteer in a drug rehab program, volunteer in an inner city reading program and tell me you didnt come out with a feeling thet you have never experienced before. Really examine your life and ask why you have this kind of hatred. I know you can overcome it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rock on brother. I'm fighting the mongrels every day her in the Playground....Boogalou being to top sparkling wiggle out there

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you drunk? You can't even type.

9. #89 TruthHurts, Mar 26, 2007 at 11:03 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007 at 11:04 PM
    TruthHurts

TruthHurts Guest

Leonidas umm Mani is a region are you from Gythium, Kotronas , etc. I agree with you the residents of Sparta moved down to Mani and were the seat of the revolution. hope ya had a happy March 24th Also the term "Molon Labe" come and get them IS scribed on a monument at Thermopylea

10. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Leave me the fuck alone Med! I am still recoiling after your line to Lib.
    "and the line of the eve goes to, of course: Lib" You wounded me sweetcakes. It's going to take some TLC to revive me.

11. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Cant 't give too much info away but you are on it. Its MOLON LAVE come and get us/them. I have seen it. The 25th was a special day... my great-great-great grandfather (cant give names of course)is a key figure in the rev.
    You know your shit! Bravo. You should see the waters around Gythion. Dont tell people about it though because it's for local tourism, we try to keep it a secret from the rest of the world, lest they discover it.
    Medrep was welcomed up until about an hour ago.

12. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Tell me you love me!

13. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Did you see the rest of it?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We don't know what would have happened if the Persians had over run Greece. They did torch Athens later but lost the battle the next spring, with the help of Themistekles' navy and Athens was rebuilt.For sure there would be no democracy as the concept came about in Athens years later. There may not have been a Christianity as there wouldn't have been a Roman Empire or a Jerusalem as it existed. For sure there wouldn't be Islam as it wasn't created until 622AD and was a rip off of Christianity and Judaism, much like Mormonism is a rip off of Islam.
    As far as Iran complaining that the movie shows the Persians as barbarians in that time? Does beheading an innocent man with a long knife as practiced now by their friends in Hezbollah seem LESS barbaric. The Spartans were very barbaric, killing a wounded soldier on the ground was a barbaric but neccessary act so they couldn't get up and stab them in the back.

You can thank the Greeks for saving the world, creating the Olympics, democracy and most of our words. OOOPPPPPAAAAA

15. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Historical what if's are fun for those of us who have a knowledge of history
    and enjoy the application of that vast knowledge to understanding the relationship of key historical events and how the chain rections they cause ripple down through history to today. Most people have a fairly good understanding of a period of history and really can't play this game very well.
    If you have a broad knowledge you can focus in from a much wider perspective, thats when the fun and fascination really begin.
    You are correct however in your conclussion that there would probably be no democracy, condemming the world to a feudal like state for all eternity.
    If your biblical knowledge is honed, you know there would definitely be no Christianity and probably no Islam.
    Thanks for your insightful participation in my fantacy.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy shit! Western Civ 101. I left this shit behind four years ago. It's a fucking cartoon beat out this week by the mentaly retarded turtles.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I laughed my ass off at Schindler's List too.....they showed bush on network tv just because it was the Holocaust. Makes as much sense as showing boobs on tv as long as they are African big ol' titties

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And we'd be in 'bama or ol'miss?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now this is a great post. It's better than all that Leonidas drivel. We get the point Leo, you love the greeks, Sparta and the Socratic method.

You show way too much weakness to be a real Spartan. Clammoring for the affections of a supposed "female" RP is utterly lame. A true Spartan wouldn't lower himself... Especially one who is married.

You are the worst kind of poser. One minute you are spouting virtuous rebuke, the next you are e-flirting with anyone who will give you the time of day.

Here is a lesson from a young man to an old man. The only thing worse than a perv, is an old perv. A true virtue theorist would not beg for attention one post and show hubris the next. You know facts, but do you know your own humanity? Facts mean nothing, ethical character is everything. Jockeying for the attention of females on this board is about the most fagbot action in cyberspace. Aristotle said that our character is developed through habitual actions. Hubris and desperation are not becoming traits in a man. They make the man prideful and desperate.

Nicomachean Ethics is a good place to start.

20. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

I truly appreciate your very insightful response and demonstration of youthful wisdom. Your accusations of infidelity and posturing for the attention of an imaginary cyberspace character are unfounded and outright false. Without dwelling on the philosophy of Ethics as viewed by any of the greats from Aristotle to Lock or even Hobbs, I propose that multiple personalities dwell in all of us. Who could have imagined cyberspace before Gore invented it?
    Certainly not some poor Greek in a sheet and sandles. My suggestion to you is then that we all have a Pan (Bacchus for the Roman scholars among us) and a Herculean side to us. If I choose to de one on the internet and another in reality that is my choice, I am a free man. And I choose to let my lust loose on the internet as well as my sensitive side as evidenced by some kind words to those who need them... that is my business.
    My ethical standards are beyond reproach sir! But thank you for your opinion.