3i: Because frat boys have to go somewhere after college

Discussion in '3I' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every implant company has their issues, and 3i's is pretty clear. While 3i implants integrate just as well as every other implant, the overall maturity level of their sales team is what really holds the company back. Nobody will ever take this company seriously, as long as they keep writing rap songs about how they are "3i pimps" (no joke, actual 3i rap video shown at the sales meeting), and basically hire an entire frat to run their Florida territories. The rest of the country's sales team is somewhere between recent college grad, and 15 year territory manager that has been basically put out to pasture, so they give them the title "hybrid leader" to make them feel better. Tack on the lowest salary in the industry, and you have 3i!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hybrid leader = back seat betty.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a competitive rep in the South East is having issues losing biz to 3i, or why else would he/she bother posting....IMHO. Get over it Charlie. If a guy is kicking ur ass, and posts a rap vid to boot, then what does that say about your selling skills?

Come join us (if you can). Yeah, not every company on this planet has a sales force that's perfect. Each has their own set of characers. Some organizations have more fun than others.

Or else, stop stirring the crap pot and go prove that you are better than the rest. The onus is on you now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If what I hear is true, they are not the highest paid bunch.

'What do you want for nothin - rubber biscuit ?'

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Osseotite NT.

New version coming soon ?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't the hybrid team a "pod"? My lab calls them the pod people. Apparently they all share a territory and they have a babysitter that makes sure they stay on task. Like sales special-ed.....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is possible to behave ethically, have low turnover and turn a profit. It can be done if a company is confident they have a good product. HR spends an awful lot of time and money excusing away bad behavior rather than reigning in the bad seed. You just don't see this anymore in today's litigious world. Then again it's 3i. Standing up the EDD Judge is one small example of admitting you're dirty , you just don't care and there are funds set aside because it's all the price of doing business. Anyone can pay a few bucks, search the courts and find a paper trail on 3i. Don't rattle the fraternity house mother (HR) She protects her bad boy male cubs with a vengence.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow this crybaby sounds like the biggest puss bag ever. I wish I got to compete against this turd. Sounds like these guys own you. Lol. Here's a tip, spend your time in the field focusing on your product and building stronger relationships with your customers and targets. Crying about the competition and your opponents to anyone that will listen makes you look like the most pathetic rep ever. If you are being taken to the wood shed by 3i you might need to call it a day sport.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what the hell is a hybrid person? do all device companies have this? and everyone in the industry knows about the crazy 3i parties..i mean meetings. it's less like that the past few years at other companies. everyone's scared so not sure how you guys get away with it. any openings?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get away with what? If anything, it's obvious that whether it's the prime players or the value players, ITS YOU GUYS that are breaking every AVAMED/SUNSHINE/ or whatever new regulations out there.

Those that live in glass houses should not play with stones.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awww...frat boys got a new house mommy! Say hello to mommy Zimmer! Time to grow up or go work at Burger King with the other Florida frat boys!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got a feeling there's more nervous Zimmer reps than Biomet reps. IMHO

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyway you look at it, the belt will be tightened and layoffs are inevitable.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really???? What makes you think that? Because 3i has so much more market share than Zimmer?? If you actually read the press release it said zimmer acquired Biomet. Not other way around. Keep burying your head in sand 3i guy....keep on, keepin on

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I were with 3i, I would start getting my résumé ready. There is no way Zimmer is going to pay for double representation in every territory and they will be loyal to their own before they take on and 3i reps. Consolidation is part of business, and it looks like the 3i reps might just have to adjust to the real world. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes today!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all going to depend on relationships and past performance... Period! Regardless is you are Zimmer rep or not. If you are a Zimmer rep on plan, I'd worry. If you are a Zimmer rep going against a strong 3i rep, I'd worry. Same is true if you work for Biomet. As you know, loyalty in this biz is for the 1% few.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Either way, there's going to be a flood of implant reps in the job search market. Let's hope that some company is willing to hire some of these old, washed up vets that have been sitting with 3i for 15 years.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cant wait to see all of 3i upper management told to exit stage left. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of people. Karma is a beeyotch

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dental isn't even on the map in this merger. The sales are so minute in the equation. It will be interesting to see what they decide to do with the 3i division.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter. To be honest, 3i reps will be leaving since Zimmer pays crap compared to what they were making with 3i. The comp plan and culture at Zimmer will be why 3i reps leave. Zimmer is a terrible company to work for.