3M

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is you honest opinion on 3M wound care. Any idea how much their reps make? Company car? Thoughts on their products? I really appreciate your help!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, there is a company car. Don't have inside info on comp. However, 3M has had a stellar reputation when it comes to treating their people with class, dignity, and respect. Most of their reps stay for many years-they don't leave. 3M has a pension, very rare in this business, and even rarer as convatec no longer has one since BMS divestiture. Excellent products, especially their acrylic clear dressing line. Skin care line is very good and their no sting barrier is excellent. Overall, an outstanding company with deep respect for their people, the kind of respect gone from the Convatec management philosophy. A direct convatec competitor so don't let anyone know more details if you are interviewing as Convatec non compete is VERY rigid.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no "non-compete". 3M has some products that are favorable to many, however they dont have the education or resources to compete with CVT, S&N ,etc. You wont make alot of money selling Tegaderms.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, dimwit, we did sign a non compete with BMS and again with the new Convatec. 3M is a WC competitor but most likely Convatec would not enforce it as so many TMs are leaving and a lot going to WC type companies.

5. Dark Angel

Dark Angel Guest

And, if you join 3M wound care, you will be obligated to sign a non-compete with them, too.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, dimwit? Very impressive. I can assure you that your Non-Compete will not be enforced.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3M reps are responsible for much more than wound care, including cardio monitors, anti-infectives, etc. Good company, good benefits, but many many more call points and responsibilities than ConvaTec, Coloplast, Smith/Nephew reps

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From an outsider looking in, I believe 3M is the best of best in the wound care arena.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats hilarious.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're stuck in your own world. 3M rules us and has the financial backing to continue to do so.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3M treats their people with dignity and respect---always ranked near the top in Fortune Magazine's annual Best Companies to work for survey. We may have better W/C products than 3M, but we can not come close to them when it comes to the value they place on their personnel. Just my 2 cents.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree their reps are treated with dignity but their products are superior in my opinion. Have you seen their new product releases? We are way behind.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. They are becoming a major player in advanced wound care and will continiue to eat away at our market share.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think any of us would go work them if we had the oppty.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3m has their stuff together. New technology with more on the way from what I hear. Why do we not have the same pipeline??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone give more info on 3M's growth in advanced wound care? Honestly, the only name I ever hear in relation to 3M is Tegaderm, and quite frankly, that product is completely over used. When I think of the competitive threats in my territory, very arent in the top 5. Look beyond their pipeline, they cut their sales force last year and dont get nearly the rep coverage we, or the other players do.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They just had a reorganization. They have some very nice people at the top, but those nice people don't really understand the advance wound market yet. They are fishing. They have been very successful from the markets they came from. Will be interesting to see if they can repeat in a totally different market segment.

So... I would not expect much changes in the short term, but long term I would not bet against them. They have deep pockets and if they make the right outside deals.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3M's Wound Care Division has gone to the pits since the new management structure was put in place 2 yrs ago. Upper / Middle Mgmt is clueless about what is going on in the field because they never leave their offices. They don't provide any direction and are incapable of doing so. I have been here for many years and it is a shame that this group has done this to such a loyal group of reps.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great Products--but getting their butts kicked by their competition. Beware of them

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3M traditional wound care (tapes, wraps) including tegaerm and advanced wound care doesnt stand up. Medline products are far superior and cost much less. 3M has been overcharging for these items way to long, same goes for Kendall products.
    Medline's advanced wound care is also taking over the market as a far superior product then anything that is out there.