$450mm settlement with DOJ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Endoscopy' started by Anonymous, May 8, 2015 at 11:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just for the current employees knowledge. The non-compete you signed, whenever you came on board is null and void because of management changes, cultural changes, and compensation changes. I spoke to an attorney regarding this and he referenced many cases that would be almost identical where the judge would rule in the favor of the employee. Obviously this may vary state by state, but most states the non-compete is null and void. Happy hunting.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

However, be careful. 0lympus may still pursue to be the douchebags that they are. Your legal fees can add up quickly.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most companies don't take you to court to prevent you from working for the other company, they take you to court so that you get raped by attorney fees. It's a sick sort of revenge. They know that they will loose most of the time, however they have so much money to piss away that they will gladly take you to court just to watch you go broke with attorney fees.

4. SOD Sucks

SOD Sucks Guest

Listen you faggot AVP & RVP's!
    There's a ton of TM's interviewing to get the hell out of Olympus. A ton. This place will be empty by fall. What a dump.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Represent yourself and just google "why non-competes are complete bullshit." They are almost never enforced by a judge because they're all written so broadly that unless you move to flipping burgers at your local in-and-out burger you are going to be working for someone, somewhere, who has a slight conflict with some thing your company, or one of it's affiliates, has, at some point, been involved with.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bullshit...where did you get your lawyer from...I would guess you found him/her chasing ambulances.

7. Do not work for Olympus.
    This ship is currently sinking.
    Again, do not interview or accept an offer with Olympus.
    It's a dead end for your career path. No pay & no morale.

Get out while you still can.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree!!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No that would be an injury attorney. I spoke to a contract/employment attorney. Again, as stated this may vary from state to state. And next time don't be an Internet asshole.

10. Olympus is a terribly dysfunctional company.
    So defiant & out of touch with reality.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So many threads are pulled down by management. OCA is the worst! The absolute worst company to work for. My sister sued the shit out of them two years ago for sexual harassment.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are forgetting about BARD

13. I wonder what the useless Managers of OCA are doing today? Probably out to lunch in their shorts and polo shirts drinking at a bar somewhere.
    Fucking tools.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Paying for glassdoor ratings is pathetic
    [​IMG]
    Olympus Corporation of the Americas41,095 followers9h

Olympus strives to provide a more balanced life to our employees. In an independent survey comparing Olympus to other medical device organizations, we ranked #1 for our allotment of paid time off which includes vacation days, holidays, personal days, volunteer days and parental leave. Check out our #1 ranking on Glassdoor for companies with enviable benefits (which looks at more than paid time off)!