50% Reduction

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by anonymous, Nov 30, 2016 at 7:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes that's the plan in each geography if they can do this. Some states obviously will need more reps but all cuts will be based on volume so some areas will get bigger cuts and some not as much. No one is safe...sorry

Medical will be covered during severance period and all cuts will be done by a 3rd party company in New Jersey. The cuts might not make sense but they don't want it to for liability purposes.

Everyone will have a job through the start of the year so don't fret but severance packages will differ but minimum time is 8 weeks.

I'm sorry to let everyone know this.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Red and Blue makes Purple. Won't be pretty.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's all unbiased. Otsuka gives the # of cuts they need and they do it based on volume per state and start re-cutting territories and they make random cuts so that there can be no "sue" happy reps that come against them.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The ironic thing about this whole situation is that Otsuka deserves everything that is happening to them right now. I worked for BMS as a manager back in the day and Otsuka strong armed us to give them back Abilify even though we were the ones that did all the work in making it an amazing drug. They later most of us off.

I feel terrible for the reps but Otsuka was over their heads in how they thought they could run this space.

What goes around comes around bitches!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When layoff decisions are made, HR should be tasked with conducting an adverse impact analysis. This is often done in conjunction with the company attorney in order to maintain the confidentiality of the information under the attorney-client privilege. This process includes analyzing the protected categories of each potentially affected employee in comparison to each other and to the workforce at large. For example, if every employee laid off is over the protected age of 40, then the older population within the company may be disproportionately affected by the layoff and an age discrimination lawsuit may ensue. The goal is to ensure that a protected group of employees it not being targeted, purposefully or not.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% correct. And if anyone is gay or lesbian to make sure they are not targeted as well, right?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't expect any impact for ASSURE or MSL's - even though that would be a good place to start as well - they were not even included on our call yesterday. Good luck to everyone - good or bad place to work, it was still paying the bills.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i too heard around 15%, but that's just hearsay. When you say 1 red and 1 blue, how does that factor in Lundbeck counterparts? Is it that 1 red and blue from Otsuka is the goal?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

anyone heard anything yet?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lundbeck is not included at all into our mess. They were at least smart and didn't over expand. If only we didn't hire so many red members to promote Maintena and we would probably be fine. So sad and frustrating!

I was also with BMS and transitioned to Otsuka and ever since Otsuka took over its been a disaster.

Good luck to everyone today! It's been a good ride!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8 weeks is terrible for a holiday and the job market-
    They've got to do better than that-
    Especially with many under 2 years

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your DM doesn't know sh*t. They get told right before us, are given a script to read and can't deviate. DM stands for Dumb Move anyways.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No news yet for anyone in my district (Blue)

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are making calls now

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1pm EST This is ridiculous. Mgrs have heard but not us peons.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

red team in our area heard

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

which region are you in? we are pacific so thinking it'll be a bit for us still because no one has heard anything. this waiting sucks.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More half ass planning by upper mgmt. Lets drag this out and make as painful as possible. aholes

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What did they hear?