500 Commack officialy up for sale

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, May 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was in the weekend business section. Now we know its a fact

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ITs all over the news with new round of layoffs in NYC LI that should put the final nail in the coffin. This facitity is going to be federall property very soon.

Thats it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have read the newsday article. It 's not clear to me that the Feds are acquiring this site. Looks like only a lease of space.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will take 34,000 sq feet of orifice space.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes its a lease deal with DHS , probably a retention center.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes sounds perfect PSEG is buying the building, who will then lease to DHS, make a detention center and Forest will lease it back to hold all of the r*****s that keep posting this stupid nonsense. Most of you keep guessing, or reporting rumors and it is all bullshit.

The truth is the building is going to a developer that will slice up the building and lease to a number of companies, and yes Forest will be one of then to lease 1/10th of the building to house the remaining training group. Who knows maybe DHS & PSEG will have an office in the building, but this really isn't much of a story. There are 7 Long Island buildings and they will all be sold or leases cancelled by the end of 2015. All of it does not matter, the buildings are just storage buildings filled with crap that Actavis does not want, unfortunately they feel the same way about the employees here as well.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for this. Answers a lot of questions. So the Newsday article may be totally wrong. Wont surprise me one bit.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes good info but I still think Newsday had the correct info and DHS will be in there

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its academic as Forest has all but left long island. High taxes and other issues drove those who survived to NJ.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Latest News: 500 Commack being leased to seven companies plus DHS.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Link??????

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread should be called the "irrelevant DHS rumor". Who gives a shit who moves into our buildings after we leave?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You make a good point. Except those that live nearby do have an interest.What if a detention facility was in your backyard????? You would be interested.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And if there was a detention center I am sure it would be part of a building occupied by multiple tenants. You truly live under a rock, and by the way, Ebola was introduced into the country because Obama is a Muslim, and he is using Obama care to wage his own personal Jihad on America.

No DHS will occupy the building and like everyone has said already, who cares who will occupy the building

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally someone has admitted it! You must be a DHS employee to know about his secret muslim history.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously don't live in the neighborhood. How much will a DHS detention center devalue my home? No one will want to buy it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very good point. I wouldn't live near that place.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I spoke to a real estate agent in Bethpage and she recommended we sell our home near this site. Even if DHD does not use it for detention it will become tainted.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She is right, your home has lost all of its value, I will do you a favor and give you 250k for it right away. Best part is you are probably considering my offer based on how easy you can be fooled. Oh by the way there is a Nigerian prince that needs to move some money so just give him a check for $500 and your bank account number and he will deposit 25k in 30 days.

Did you also hear that they are moving the Plum Island labs to one of our lab sites?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haven't heard that. Plum Island is off limits to general population due to communicable diseases being researched there. Hope they don't move any of this to Commack Road as we live in area but desperately want out of Long Island.

But it a fact that CDC operates a low profile Primate Research Center in nearby in Kings Park. Believe it is in the former state hospital. This from a Bio Phd who said they have hazmat procedures in place due to nature of work. Testing drug induced behaviors of primates. Bet the locals have no clue what's going on in their backyard. Wouldn't ever want to live in that god-awful area.