6 most likely biotech takeover targets

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by anonymous, May 3, 2019 at 11:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, at least we made this list. I guess our old products are worth something? Take us over, lay us off, and put us out of our misery.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen looking to boost its neuroscience portfolio. Aimovig is doing well but they want to get into rare disease and get a cornerstone in small molecules BIIB is researching and/or trying to acquire. If they take us over they will dump MS as it’s not profitable and do a serious layoff. They are already massive why would they keep us?

I’m not high up but mid tier at HQ in Cambridge and have been privy to a few conversations. Good luck all.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This maybe true but I have a hard time believing your sentiment.

To say the MS business is not “profitable” is obsurd.

We’re you drunk when you posted this opinion?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Obsurd”? “We’re”? Looks like the one who is drunk or just plain uneducated is YOU

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And I’m not OP but for the educated ones here the MS market place is very very crowded. Tec will be generic in a few and there are way too many players in MS now compared to set of patients available. Amgen is a true biotech company. No pills. They only market biologic injectables. They are already in neuroscience and looking to boost its portfolio. Small molecules with novel technology which BIIB is looking heavily into. And oh yeah they will not keep us in Boston. Amgen has a cool Google like campus in Thousand Oaks CA so no we are the ones who will be looking to move to Cali IF they keep us which I doubt as they are much bigger people wise than us.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If Amgen buys us we are totally fucked

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well I heard we're buying Amazon

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s do this big biotech

Enough of this sinking turd

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's the tea about the layoffs?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing that I have heard unless someone knows different

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Two companies Citi didn’t recommend were neutral-rated Biogen and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., both the stocks have shaved off double digit values so far in 2019. For Biogen, more share buybacks may be in store though “they rarely work for biotech” Bansal said. Both Biogen, with its spinal muscular atrophy drug Spinraza, and Regeneron, with its best-selling Eylea, face mounting competitive risks.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-23/biotech-tide-may-turn-as-large-deals-are-shunned-citi-says

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone actually believe that Biogen will still get bought? For what? A declining MS business and a SMA product that is under attack? Oh...and a bare bones pipeline...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If we get bought it will be for pennies on the dollar. Should have sold when we had “promising” pipeline molecules. Now we are a sinking ship.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I always thought they'd be bought for their production capabilities, not the product portfolio. I saw a lot during my time at the RTP plant and they have pretty flexible systems.

Their drug product filling site is a joke though.