6326 contract

Discussion in 'Innovex' started by Anonymous, Jun 16, 2010 at 5:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told by my manager that once the drug screen and background check were finished then we would receive an email concerning training.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thank you! When anyone hears plz post!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have received my airline tickets. Looks like a busy couple of weeks.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

really when? do u think I should contact my manager

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A hermaphrodite?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of age and putting dates of graduation on resumes, I will be 59 this year (female) but look mid-forties, have 16 years in the pharma business on my resume. I think it is hurting me b/c I am getting very few calls for interviews. Was laid off from other contract last year. Am I doomed?? ( I have been asked on a phone screen the date of my college graduation. That is not legal...) When I refused to answer I never got a call back. Help!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have a very similar situation and no, it is not legal to ask that question on an interview. They are, however, entitled to a copy of your college transcript. Apparently, this is the latest attempt to bypass bringing one in, making an offer, and then discovering age.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same situation, I have experienced being given an application before an interview and after an interview that asks for my social security #, the year I graduated from college and my drivers license number. This, in the past, did not occur until you were offered a job.

Is this legal to ask for this information before someone is offered a job?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please share what age range your are in if you have been hired for this contract. Also, does the manager who you interviewed with call or did you get an email with offer or regret?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am 45 yrs. old and got an offer for this contract which came via a phone call from the recruiter. All of my "paperwork" is done. Plane ticket issued for San Diego. I for one am very excited about this contract (go ahead and insert your immature comments about what a dork I am). I think it's going to be interesting to work on a contract w/out client reps.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup. Same thing has happened to me. If you don't fill out the information, you don't get the interview. So frustrating! You are so right; in the past you didn't do all that until you had the offer. I checked on the legality of it. They can ask you on paper for all that as part of a background check, but are not allowed to ask verbally in an interview. So they are jumping the gun and getting it upfront, and then screening. I had a verbal offer from a company until they ran the background check, then, whoops! they dropped me like a hot potato. I know my background is CLEAN.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in my 40's and have accepted the offer as well. I too feel this is a wonderful opportunity and would hope that we could all start off being professional. This board can be a useful tool if all would be mature.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen to that!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any one else already having doubts about their manager?
    Dear God this women is an idiot!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you referring to Mary Mischler out of Ohio? She offered me a position and I said hell no after getting to know her for a little bit. Has no clue what she is doing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the managers on this contract have an average of 10 years DM expereience (ages range from 35-60 years old) and the representatives have an average of 8 years experience. My new district has 3 members who are over 50 years old and most of the representatives are between 35-45 years old. My DM is also over 50 years old. This is a good group with a lot of diveristy - women, race, age, etc. Seems like a great company to work for. We had a great meeting in San Diego this past 2 weeks. A lot of open communication and respect for their employees.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Great meeting and terrific company. I feel fortunate to have landed this gig.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been in the business 25 years and I have never attended a better meeting. Great company that treats people professionally; work hard and be rewarded for your efforts.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah....wait till a month or two before the contract ends and they promise you that you will get an extension or another contract will come along. This is how all of us felt on the original 8822 LILLY/Novaquest Cymbalta contract....5 years later they lay off over 600 of us. This was after chubby Danny Yarnell promised us at least 85% of us would be retained. Almost 18months have passed since then and there have only been a couple contracts through Quintiles. They have been hiring other manager and reps instead of all the former NQ reps that gave this company everything. There are still former reps and managers that have not been fortunate to find a job. This company will give you the "ra ra ra" and "pat on the back" the whole way until the contract ends...and once it ends, see ya later!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Out of the 9 repres on my new team 6 are from recent quintile contracts and have been re-hired. That really is not so bad. We also have a very mature (age-wise) team, most are over 40 years old. It really was a great meeting.