6385 - psych

Discussion in 'Innovex' started by Anonymous, Jan 16, 2010 at 8:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What kind of scenerios did you get on your recorded telephone interview? Were they difficult to answer?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a loser. Put a gun in your mouth and get it over with - on the other hand, they made me an offer. Pretty high in salary, and I am very satisfy.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The first question is: Can you spell scenario? And from the looks of it the questions would be difficult for you to answer.

Just kidding, they ask really basic stuff. I just got hired and the phone screen was the EASIEST part. They were asking things like about how you use your time in the field and how you use your resources. The really hard part is the face to face interviews. You really have to lay it on thick and pretend that you can sell sleeping medicine as an antidepressant. Do your homework and stay positive. Show examples of your previous relationships with psychs and show how you can make an immediate impact. I am pretty sure I was hired because I have a ton of experience in psych. Keep your chin up though, I have a TON of experience and never thought I would have to sink this low to get a job. I heard there are former managers posting for these jobs! My position will be available as soon as things pick up in the pharm industry I promise! GOOD LUCK!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad to hear you are so satisfy. You sound like a great guy and you are obviously quite the grammarian. I am sure Labopharm is proud to have you on board. The idea that you want someone who did not get a job to "put a gun" in their mouth shows you will do great selling Isleptro. Best of luck to you and I hope you stay satisfy.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has been a long wait for the 6385 opportunity to arrive and I looked forward to the interview process with a history of Psych specialty experience and 5yrs selling Cymbalta on 8822 contract. Good numbers and strong ex DM reviews. We were told the competition would be fierce, and that many of our district members were also strong candidates! The hiring manager said he wanted to hire NovaQuest-Innovex qaulified reps. first, if he could.
    Once again, the results were - he hired outside of Innovex and no return phone call from the hiring DM post interview. I know we were more than qualified and that there would have been no reason for not giving one of us a shot at the position. Just a thought!!
    Take your ammunition- brag book, territory binder to show physician relationships in the territory, try to get a written recommendation letter from your last DM! (Good managers are more than willing, if you have been a strong rep.) Letters of recommendation from your counterparts would also support teamwork ability! Good luck for those interviewing in the Northwest! Maybe next time?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same story in the east. We were lied to, not given a legitimate chance and totally discarded by the company that loved us just a year ago. Hope Dan and Daryl sleep well at night. I'm sure they do because they can't even have a conscience the way they've treated us the last 6 months.

Shocked, Disheartened and Ultimately Disgusted.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

name of company

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this a good company??????

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this contract dead???

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No this contract is not dead.

I think a lot will take this job and then leave the second they find something better that pays more money. The money isn't very good, but it's a job. If you need a job, go for it.

I'm concerned that there is no need for this drug. It may be a very tough sell.

Thoughts??

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't there always a need for a last resort? If it happens to be that way and it proves to work for that patient, then they will tell two friends, and so on, and so on. It could happen. Not going to be a billion dollar baby but it could sell.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't been too quick to say this drug will be a "last resort". Many of the SSRIs either don't work or have a s/e profile that some pts. can't or won't tolerate. If its proven to be effective in treating MDD, why would a psych try 5 different SSRIs before saying: "I've got something that is effective, will help you sleep and you'll still have a normal sex drive"?

It may never be a first choice but we could build a decent marketshare by being a place to go after an initial failure or possibly a first choice for a certain group of pts.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah..... the only problem is, Labopharm's pipeline stops at Oleptro. Sorry, GAME OVER.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you get it? Of course they don't want to hire a lot of ex NovaQuest reps. We know the story, and they know we know they are full of shit. I know of two NQ reps who have been hired by Labo. One is a piece of shit drunk who will be hungover at every district meeting. He was selling cars and somehow got hired. I really am glad that I don't have to sell this drug. I see the contract going belly up within 2 years. I interviewed just to see what they were pushing and I declined to go to Chicago for second interview. Waste of my time. I am back in pharma and have asked a few docs about this drug. I'll admit that I don't know alot about it, but what the docs told me is that maybe the psychs will write it but the FP docs wouldn't. These docs were top prescribers for Cymbalta.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you are probably a kool-aid drinking scab manager who will wake up from your Oversleptro haze in about 1 year when this dog goes bye-bye.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is bullshit! Nobody in my geographical area had more cns/psych experience than me, and I didn't even get the courtesy of a phone screen..and my resume gets high marks. "The inmates are running the asylum" at Quintiles!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Labopharm Stock price $0.88 WOW

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW as in good price to get in or WOW, that's bad?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at all the markets dropping WOW.
    Read all the articles that very few are investing, everyone is sitting on their savings WOW.
    Get over the fact you weren't annointed with a position you believed was yours without having to interview WOW.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That IS a very good question. You see.... the other poster views the glass as half empty. Wants to defend on blind faith. I think that if the owners/partners in this contract have confidence, they will be buying up many shares. What I did before was trust Quintiles. I never thought that I would be 'annointed' with a positon as the previous poster likes to say. Quintiles kept telling the reps and the managers, "take care of today and tomorrow will take care of itself". Quintiles promised the reps, "we will place approximately 85% of you in NEW contracts". The previous poster likes to bash anyone that brings up any facts such as stock price. I was very surprised to see the stock tumble after several seemingly POSITIVE developments with this company. In early Feb of 2010, Labopharm acquired the FDA approval for Oleptro. The result: stock began to fall. In Late April / early May of 2010, Labopharm announced a partnership with Anglini and how much money that each company was going to invest. The result: stock price began to fall again. It is customary after announcements such as these for the stock price to increase or spike. Labopharm did the opposite. Read the reports for yourself on Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal, or any of the other financial journals. Knowledge is Power!!