Discussion in 'Innovex' started by Anonymous, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the insight of getting an offer! Congrats to you!

What do you know about the west/southwest region--- CA, AZ, NM, UT, CO, WA, NV.... any insights as to those potential areas hiring or needing to hire more?

Do you think they will hire more, or only the 60 or so reps who were rolled over?

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When is launch meeting

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just read this on First Word:

"In addition, Holford raised his sales outlook for the anticoagulant Eliquis (apixaban), developed with partner Pfizer, and indicated that he expects US approval of potential competitor, Johnson & Johnson and Bayer's Xarelto (rivaroxaban), to be delayed until the first quarter of 2013. Earlier this month, an FDA panel voted in favour of expanding clearance of Xarelto to include the prevention of stroke in people with atrial fibrillation, although analysts suggested the agency could ask for an additional study and may decide on a label that restricts the product's use to a small part of the market. "The competitive landscape for [stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation] has shifted dramatically in favour of Eliquis," Jefferies said."

Now what do you all think??? I guess this confirms all of our concerns???

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total speculation!! Probably trying to sell Pfizer stock to his clients.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also saw that speculation of a delay until 2013, but who knows. Hopefully today we will hear something one way or another.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not holding my breath anymore. And as far as myself writing, be positive, I'm not positive nor do I plan on being positive in this post this time.

I now feel strung along - if in fact they knew there was another Janssen (Ortho-McNeil) Quintiles contract that would be considered first, then we should have been informed of this priority. I asked explicitly in my interview question, 'what are the business imperatives driving this need to hire'... blah, blah, blah. No answer that focused on Xarelto's 2nd indication as a primary reason. I was given the need to promote 5 drugs,e tc. Later I became more aware of what was probably the main reason-- Xarelto. If indeed there is a delay, this was the main reason for hiring and I should have been informed of that when I asked during an interview. Companys do not have to be open or honest with you, yet they expect you to be open and transparent with them.

I made a lot of transitional changes to be relocateable, energy with interviewing, studying, and now I am drained and feel used. Just strung along. Probably just to make their numbers for candidates.

I am not counting on anything positive. And if any delay does occur, we should be considered first hand; but knowing companies they will just redo the entire interview process again... Is there any loyalty from corporations anymore?

Finally, I was on another Quintiles project that went south and was suppose to last for years. One would think the loyalty in Quintiles management would be considerate towards those of us, at no fault of our own, who were unemployed as a result of company's decisions and lack of transparency.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

alas, this is the life of contract...on a good note you can expect 2 years of employment? I'm thinking slow nickel now in another industry vs the fast "questionable" dime.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The delay is for the afib indication, not the drug itself nor any of the other pending indications. I don't whether this "confirms all of our concerns" because not one candidate who interviewed for these positions is involved in the decision making process! Keep working/applying/interviewing/living your current life and stop stressing and speculating about that which you have no control over!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moron, The article you trying to scare everyone with is not new, It was written on Sept 8th. That was almost 2 weeks ago. There are other factors playing into this such as territory realignments and rollovers which are the real reason for the start date pushback. We should here something this week. Calm Down!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

still waiting

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My God! a stock analyst who apparently knows nothing about any of this tells his clients to buy Pfizer stock and I see lots of folks accepting it like it's gospel.

No one knows how the Great Anticoagulant Wars will play out, and anyone who claims foreknowledge probably also expected Pfizer's Trovan to wipe out Levaquin (for those who don't know, Pfizer had to withdraw Trovan due to hepatotoxicity.)

6517 is going to be filled. The real problem isn't drugs, it's access. The total headcount plan looks like Janssen intends to still play "share of voice" in a world where it no longer works due to lack of access.

People will be hired for 6517, but it will be a miracle if they're still working it two years from now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are exactly correct! Firstword had another article this morning from another analyst explaining that another Pfizer med was going to revolutionize medicine. Many people have made nice gains investing in Pfizer, especially over the past 20 years, it's funny to watch the investment analysts tripping over themselves trying to re-create the magic of the past without truly understanding how different the pharma industry has become and how much change is coming soon. Did you see yesterday where $135 billion of the Medicare cuts are coming from pharmaceuticals? That's a scary thought when dealing with medsd for those over 65.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

always comforting to see the jobs still posted on Q for this contract.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU ARE SO RIGHT - PLAYING SHARE OF VOICE IS OUT OF DATE... WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DIRECT CONSUMER ADVERTISING.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crickets.......

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who is 55 or younger who plans to work in Pharma until retirement is delusional.

Go look at the rants of Karl Denninger www.market-ticker.org for a recap on the federal budget. The bottom line is that the endgame fast approaches when 11% compound annual Medicare cost increases slams into two immovable objects: A) GDP, even the full-of-lies stat used by the Gov't, is growing far less than 4% now and for the foreseeable future. B) No government in modern history has extracted more than about 18% of GDP from its populace in taxation.

Medicare is a zombie. All we await is for it to rot to dust and blow away. In the meantime the cuts will start, and grow. It will be a war of hospital lobbyists vs. AMA lobbyists vs. Pharma/Device lobbyists, all scrapping to see who gets to pick the bones clean, all pretending to have the AARP-crowd's best interests at heart.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get a life dude..........seriously.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What part of what's been written do you disagree with?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completed the 3rd stage of the interview process on 9/14 and was told I was the candidate chosen to "receive the offer for the territory when the offers are made" so I too am anxiously awaiting any news. I was originally told home study would start on 9/19 and then a second wave on 9/26, but haven't heard anything since my final interview. I will post if I receive any e-mails, or phone calls with any news. I am trying to stay positive, but also just need some good news soon. If anyone has any real information...not speculation please post.