7% commission cut

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Jan 7, 2011 at 4:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it worth it anymore?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What division of Stryker is cutting commission 7%? Considering reps make no more than 14% in any division, this seems hard to believe. If this is true the majority of the reps would be gone. And if this is true it would not be worth it anymore. Details please.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker may be not care about their employees but they aren't that stupid

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ortho?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ortho recon has been cut from 8% to 7%.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? When did that start? Ouch, first splitting territories and making, "partnerships", now 7%. They really are going pharma. Not good for the industry.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is it if you hit quota?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you talking about... JP reps are making 18% plus a salary! Not to mention they are taking JP away from Full Line Reps that are covering Recon, Trauma and JP. Stryker is turning our compensation, responsibilities and our industry into Pharma. That must be why they are hiring ex pharma reps to be GMs.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been interviewing from a competative company. Can anyone shed some light as to how many commission cuts you have experieced in the last 2 years. What is managements response on how you can make up that lost income.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am also interviewing for a position with trauma. Are they being affected or is this mainly recon reps?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With capped prices, no gas/travel money or cell phone reimbursement...No, it is no longer worth it for me (Recon rep. in a rural area with capped prices). Anyone know what the other "big 5" are paying in terms of commission on total joints?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8-12% depending on W2, 1099 and situation. I have been with Biomet for over 10 years and I make 10%, 1099 with a distributor.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

gyrus/acmi Independent guys make 12-15 dollar 1 plus they sell capital ready for this ..... 35 % at 27k and above on capital . Plus they can carry many lines

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't know how good you have it. Go work for a distributor. I split commissions w "senior rep", pay for a lg portion of my sub rep, pay 100% of my travel whether for nat sales meeting, taking a surgeon to a cadaver lab, 1/2 of surgeon expenses to said labs/meetings, etc... Quit bitching about your gas and cell phone.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I forgot to mention the additional taxes I pay being 1099, health insurance, lack of a 401k match, and the expense of my LLC to protect my personal assets. Can't wait for them to start charging me freight!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Additional taxes? You are doing it wrong. You should end up paying 50% less in taxes.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How to do you figure that? An LLC/sole proprietorship, pays an addition 15% percent self employment tax.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are doing it wrong. Make your wife an officer. Pay yourself and your VP wife a small salary, the rest you do not pay fica and ss. Deduct everything, secton 179(car), travel, oil, gas, gifts, etc., setup a Pioneer Uni-K retirement fund and max it out ($49k each for you and wife). This adds up to 10-15% gross taxes. You pay for things pre-tax that most people pay post-tax. There is a reason why Sub-S corps have jump 50million in the last decade. You are welcome.

Even when Obama closes this loophole you still get to deduct things that W2s can't.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not a 7% commission cut, it's a cut of 1/7th of what you were being paid the year before. Not everyone gets the standard 14% commission so you can't have a flat cut from 14% to 12% like you've seen on some other posts.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would be a 50% cut, numbnuts.