75 percent layoffs due to Covid

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, May 5, 2020 at 1:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol the only people who may get fired out of this whole thing are you useless sales reps. We already knew you were useless before our Q1 earnings came out. Arrogant and useless is even worse. Finally realizing sales isn't actually selling shit. Why you think you don't make the big bucks.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If it wasn't for "useless" sales people, none of you in TO would have a job. Sales brings in the revenue and drives demand and keeps your job.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gee Mr. Big Bucks, you certainly know how to put us poor saps in flyover land in our place. I now will wake up everyday and wonder what it would be like to be you. Thank you for saving Amgen!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

useless sales reps my ass

sales reps are the reason this company has done so well

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m scared too of layoffs

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

regardless of your thoughts, what is true is:
    -you work most of your life from a cube
    -you work in an environment surrounded by activity focused toxicity
    -you have trouble getting laid by hot women, ever since high school
    -you don't get into hot clubs and haven't tried for decades
    -you are flabby, out of shape and unattractive
    -you are poor at sports
    -you aren't someone known for their sense of humor
    -people don't seek you out at gathering outside of work, even at family functions
    -you spend much of your life in traffic
    -you breath foul air most of the day you aren't in your cube
    -you live in a beautiful place, but actually live in a dump and don't enjoy your surroundings
    -your taxes are highest on the planet, slightly about NJ's
    -LAX sucks
    -50% of the people around you openly defecate
    -despite all the 80 hour weeks grinding in your cube, you are still not rich, you are still ugly and you still don't get in sex that curls your toes.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This coming from the supply chain guy who got an MBA and is eyeball deep in student loan debt. You drive a 4 year old Toyota Camry with tricked-out rims and still owe more than the car is worth.
    You buy your "work clothes" at Costco and eat takeout food every night in your 1 bedroom apartment in the Valley. You have a 1 1/2 hour commute to TO each day and are paying for your gas on credit.

You secretly stalk the college interns that work in TO and don't understand why none of the girls take you up on your lunch requests at your "authentic" Indian or Thai restaurants.

Your Friday nights include getting a spicy Popeye's chicken sandwich and spending hour surfing p0rn.

When you go to your benefit provided therapist you are still working out the anger issues of why someone that is SO educated is making less than a field based rep.

Don't screw with field sales reps! We are the reason of your existence in TO.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

nah the scientists who develop the drugs are why we have jobs. Anyone can do your job. It’s not like you are a real sales person like a device or equipment rep. You are a glorified caterer and literature drop off delivery boy. Based on OIG and FDA all you can do is recite what’s in the PI...which just about anyone that can tie their own shoes can do. Your are very replaceable, and perhaps not even needed anymore...at least in the current sizing numbers.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You do realize even at Act 3 you are underpaid against industry bench marks and on the low end of scale for your band at Amgen? Again it’s the scientists who gave our jobs existence. Anyone can regurgitate the PI and approved objection handlers. Pharma reps are not real sales reps anyway and Amgen is typically at the bottom of most ATU’s and customer perceptions in sales force metrics. Amgen, rightfully so, does not value the sales force and views you as replaceable commodities. Why do you think our turnover is so high? We have a handful of long tenured hanger ons, and handful of decent reps who often leave in 2-4 years once they get their onc experience here. The rest, the majority are on the wrong side of the bell curve. Why do you think it’s so rare for tenured oncology reps to come to Amgen? Heck we got hit so hard by mass resignations in the OBU that we sued a company over it.

I’m not going to even comment on the other BU’s sales team. They are truly the worst of the worst and basically primary care, entry level hacks.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if you think reciting what’s in the PI is what sales reps do then you have little understanding of the critical success factors of a sales professional.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are thousands of drugs that do not have a sales team promoting that are not being prescribed. This is very true for drugs that are bland/me too meds.

Do you really think Amgen would have the market share for Enbrel if it was not for a sales/marketing/managed care team? Do you think it is by accident that Humira is the #1 most prescribed med in the US? It is because of Sales/Marketing and managed care.

Yes, we need r/d to come up with new molecules to sell. You also need someone to pitch these meds to HCPs if you want them to be prescribed.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How old are you, 10? Go away child.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahaha! Critical success factors!!! So good. Stop using consultants speak, or do you want to layer in a KPI, root cause or deep dive while you’re at it? Maybe you can give us a “granular” look at your job. So funny when dopey sales reps try to use buzzwords. You sound as dumb as I think you are. I’ve held more sales positions in this industry than you, but please enlighten me. My guess is you are a career rep with a singular view, but I digress, along with catering and vomiting the data and literature drops you handle, or more so triage coverage, billing or reimbursement issues to the RAS who actually handles it. You BS with the nurses and office cows trying to create access, while returning texts and emails. Yeah I think I got. I did that job, did your boss’ job, did your boss’ boss’ job and his boss’ job. It’s called progressing through a career and just because I did those jobs doesn’t mean I saw deep value in those roles. I knew all along they were replaceable, interchangeable and had marginal impact. So when I point out the realities of your contributions I come from a place of deep understanding. What I know without a doubt is the Amgen sales force is not good, it’s too big, and it has less than a 4% impact on driving demand. Ergo you and your colleagues are very replaceable...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are delusional. Sure and the reason Rituxan was so successful at Genetech was the sales team...or it was basically malpractice to not use it with a CD20 positive DLBCL patient. They even admit that. Who does Humira compete against? Who does Enbrel compete against? The data and the science is wining the day as is an increase in patient volume and diagnosis. You are a customer service agent. And now I get it. I see it now you are not in the OBU. You are a primary care rep. Got it. All makes sense now. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid...wonder how many long term vacant territories in our industry will win Council/Circle/Prez Club at their respective companies this year...we always have a handful here.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do NBRx’s take a dip when a sales force goes to a national meeting for a week?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You said ergo. What a little bitch

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They do not.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know...I keep forgetting to dumb it down for you dummies.