75 percent layoffs due to Covid

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, May 5, 2020 at 1:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen not doing well? Lol. You girls spend too much time here and need to pay more attention to your stock performance and earnings calls. We're doing very well. It's a great time to be at this company. Don't think so? Sell your shares and leave. Go do some work or be with your families. Stop bitching here because you're wasting time and clueless. We're literally at an all time high valuation while you numb nuts debate if we're doing well. And don't say the market has it wrong but you know better. No you don't. Analysts study our company far more than you. Most people here have so little insight into the broader picture of how we're actually performing as a company and what our future really looks like. You just do your little job.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I may be a redneck in sales who doesn’t know or give a shit about what is or isn’t an idiom....but life is pretty sweet on my 3.5 acres being served sweet tea by my daisy duke wearing Southern Belle wife.

I had a virtual engagement today while on my boat, cold beer to the side, wife in a bikini top, with a line in the water. Caught a few reds and had fish tacos for dinner.

Life could be worse.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And it could be a lot better. As long as you're happy though. That's what matters. Me personally I would have no interest in that life. And I'd go out of my mind selling drugs. It's mind numbingly boring to me. I did a sales rotation and it's just about the dumbest fucking job on the planet in my opinion. Some people like it. For me it's not intellectually challenging in the slightest. In areas where I had more experience than the sales reps if I started talking deep into the science I'd lose them about 5 mins in and I'm not even a hard core science guy.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll add that the continual complaining from the reps, customer objectives where the tactics consistently involve food deliveries, and lack of business knowledge about anything other than their territories, makes it hard to deal with the majority of them. I question why someone from the field would get an MBA, only to remain a rep.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am not the post you responded to but a field rep nonetheless. A lot better? According to who? Here is the deal....there is always better. Better for me..better for you...better for all of us. For me....I love what I do and try and get better at it everyday. Last week had a virtual engagement and convinced a priority customer to expand the patient population they considered using my brand for. More patient will benefit. That makes me feel pretty good to be honest. So the reps are useless argument is just tired and patently false.

Deep into the science.....I for one love it...not every rep is very good at it...I’ll concede that. But for the most part when we get deep into the science with our customers their eyes glaze over. They either already know it or really don’t care. It rarely leads to increased use of a brand. The role of a rep is to persuade and inspire action. Not to be a PharmD. Getting granular with the science isn’t what moves the needle.....for the most part. Those that try waist their time. But we have to have at minimum a proficient understanding of disease state, how a brand works, be able to articulate efficacy and safety, etc....But we are not here to educate on science. We are here to sell....education is an element of what we do but not the purpose.

So you hated the rep role while on rotation.....ok. Just a guess here...you were on a rotation sampling different departments. Maybe one of those MBA people on a development program being groomed for a marketing role or something else in-house. Did you ever consider that the role is not in fact dumb.......it just didn’t align to your skill set and that you were miscast in a rep role? Clayton Kershaw can’t hit worth a lick.....Tom Brady can’t block. They’ve tried to get better at it but it was painful. Does that mean they don’t bring value to their team?

Every role in this company is important. Are some more vital than others? I’m sure that is the case....and it’s reflected in our pay. I’m perfectly fine making $180k with potential for much more living in middle America. There is no need for the in-house/field rep animosity. You can bat lead off and I’ll bat cleanup...or vice versa....and let’s go win together instead of this pissing contest.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok Sunshine...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sports references? Tool!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Terrible I know. But my Mom still loves me so I have that. And my smoking hot wife. And my 4 wheeler. And my favorite barbecue spot just re-opened. So I guess it ain’t all that bad. If I could just keep my oldest son off of meth. That’s a big problem here in the south. Surprised you haven’t put that in your repertoire of insults and that I beat you to it.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Expressing derision for the field is enough. There's no need to levy absurd insults like calling someone's family member a drug addict.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was your "virtual engagement " doing the 5 knuckle shuffle while watching videos on an adult website?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Easy Champ. I am with you in my love of being a rep. You lost me when you said you enjoy deep diving into science.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't work for Amgen, dumbass. So you need to at least start doing your job, because as a shareholder I am your boss.
    Tell your fellow Amgen employee who said the company is not performing well because of the sales force. You two little Amgen girls should work out your petty squabbles about sales performance and who is to blame for it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry that you're on welfare. Maybe try harder ?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am an employee AND a shareholder. Does that make me my own boss?:rolleyes:
    A year ago, Amgen was trading at $167. It closed last night at $237. I think it is fair to say our stock is solid.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How did you know!!!!????

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, now get back to work and make us some money.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I too work here. Over 15 years. Best statement that goes around the home office is, “Amgen, great stock to own, not a great place to work”. Before you tell me to leave if I don’t like it allow me to say this...I’m not ripping my kids out of their schools and Amgen is bearable enough. I have worked in oncology in the Bay Area and those companies have a much better culture to be sure. They are not run like a primary care company. Amgen isn’t a bad place to work it’s just not great.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Put me in Coach! I am ready to make face to face calls. I am tired of making virtual calls and am ready and able to start making money for self, company and shareholders.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently Jeff Bezos works for me because I own Amazon stock.