A call to action: "It's time to put and end to discrimination against white males!

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a white male and either a current J&J employee, or have been a candidate for positions at a Johnson & Johnson company, you need to read this and join with your fellow white males and begin to let your voices be heard. It is time for all of you to collectively and courageously stand up against hiring practices at J&J that are nothing short of an outrageous injustice.

Most of you reading this thread have no doubt been a victim of discrimination or have witnessed discrimination against white males within J&J companies since the onset of J&J's diversity initiative. J&J's unhealthy focus on diversity has resulted in blatant discrimination against qualified white males who are passed over for hiring or internal promotions while less qualified diversity candidates are hired or promoted into positions in order to "close the diversity gaps". Hiring managers are directed by their HR business partners to hold positions open until a diversity candidate is identified, often passing over highly qualified white males. These diversity candidates are viewed through a different lens when evaluated during the interview and selection process.

Additionally, company Presidents are measured on whether or not they "close the diversity gaps" and their bonuses and career progression are directly tied to this metric. The VP's of HR supporting these Presidents work in partnership with them as their career progression is dependent on this metric as well. If you question whether or not this is true, engage your HR VP or HR business partner in a conversation about this and if they aren't painfully honest with you about this, you will at a minimum see them squirm and feel very uncomfortable discussing this with you. Most are taught to tow the company line regarding diversity hiring for the sake of their own career management. If you work in HR and are reading this, you know this to be the truth. (If you are deposed as a result of a class action law suit, will you tell the truth?)

The unhealthy focus on diversity and the evidence of discrimination can also be seen so vividly within the leadership development programs such as the Finance Leadership Program (FLDP), the Human Resources leadership Development Program (HRLDP), etc. Just take a look at the annual recruits for these programs and you can count the white males on one hand. So, does this mean that college recruiting efforts for these programs did not result in the identification of qualified white males?

DISCRIMINATION IS DISCRIMINATION! IT'S THAT PLAIN AND SIMPLE AND UNTIL WHITE MALES AT J&J WHO HAVE BEEN VICTIMS OF DISCRIMINATION STAND UP AND BE HEARD, THESE PRACTICES WILL CONTINUE AT J&J.

WILL IT TAKE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR J&J TO STOP THIS BLATANT DISCRIMINATION? DISCRIMINATION IN ANY FORM IS WRONG. JUST AS IT IS WRONG TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST FEMALES AND RACIALLY DIVERSE INDIVIDUALS, IT IS EQUALLY AS WRONG TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST WHITE MALES. WHERE HAVE WE COME AS A COMPANY IF WE SIMPLY REPLACE ONE TYPE OF DISCRIMINATION WITH ANOTHER?

SHOULDN'T WE ALL WORK FOR A COMPANY WHERE WE ARE JUDGED NOT BY OUR RACE OR GENDER, BUT BY OUR QUALIFICATIONS, PERFORMANCE, AND CONTENT OF OUR CHARACTER?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: A call to action: "It's time to put and end to discrimination against white males

Nice sentiment but truth is they don't care and never will. Best course...move on and don't waste your energy. There are way better companies out there than J&J.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: A call to action: "It's time to put and end to discrimination against white males

I've heard from reliable sources that there is more than one attorney reaching out to several current and former employees on this issue. They are in the fact finding mode now. The shit is about to hit the fan. I can't wait until they call me. I have documented discussions and quotes from my Director, VP, and HR Business partner that will make heads roll.

I had an opening in my department and there were several internal candidates as well as outside candidates that were referred to me. I forwarded the resumes of these highly qualified candidates to my HR partner. I continued to get resumes from HR that were female or racially diverse (you could tell by certain associations they listed as belonging to on their resume). When I inquired as to why none of the internal candidates or those referred to me were being considered, I was told by my Director that the position had to be filled with a racially diverse candidate and that the directive from HR was that we had to "color up" the organization.

This issue has been real for a very long time and it is about to come to a head

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not at all surprised to see this thread and only surprised that it has taken this long for people to become more vocal about this issue.

A former colleague left J&J two years ago after becoming frustrated with being passed over for the Sr. Director/VP positions within his function. He was told time and again that he was rated as a "ready now" candidate, but on two occasions, the positions were filled with external candidates, both of whom were diversity candidates. His boss finally confided in him and told him he was spinning his wheels at J&J and that as a white male, he was at a substantial disadvantage in the "new J&J world".

Since leaving J&J, he has not only landed a VP position, but has also been recently promoted and given International responsibility. This company is a fortune 500 company with the difference being that this company looks at demonstrated performance and results and it's not about gender or race.

At J&J, it is more important to make the cover of Diversity Magazine than hiring the best and brightest talent that will drive the success of our business. It is a damn shame and I am hoping things change for the better soon. I hope the right people are reading this particular post and see what a travesty this really is.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sneaky Pete is the man to meet. He might want to see your feet.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received a call from an attorney as well. I gave him tons of information and lots of names of others to contact on this issue. This is going to be a big issue for J&J.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a college age daughter and college age son. Both are studying at prestigious universities and will soon be seeking employment to launch their careers. Having spent much of my career at J&J, I had hopes at one point that my children would also land at a J&J organization. I wanted them to work for an organization with the highest ethics and social consciousness.

Unfortunately, J&J lost its moral compass many years ago and I can no longer with good faith recommend J&J to either of my children as a place to launch and build their career.

Also, I want my children to work in an environment where they are judged by the contributions they make to an organization and not by their gender or color of their skin. My daughter should not have an advantage over my son based on gender and I certainly don't want either of them to be at a disadvantage based on their race. Sad to say that the "new J&J" cannot provide that environment for them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your children are better off starting their career elsewhere. J&J is no longer than ethical company it once was. There is no longer a feeling of pride working for a company whose sole motive is profit without regard to the end user patient. The credo is merely a plaque hanging within the halls and conference rooms of J&J facilities. A sad reminder of the company it once was.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your kids sounds like ugly spoiled douche bags

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too bad you didn't adopt your daughter from Asia, she'd be on the fast track for sure -- VP in a year or two.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Growing up white is tough.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so sad, but so true. Try working in HR - you have to be female and latin american to even keep your job.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Senior female Caucasion women who were hired in the late 70's and early 80's are not here because they never got the management jobs only the white males. They never even heard about the jobs. Funny how karma works.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

women over 50 are discriminated against too . in consumer, you have to be Brazilian to get ahead

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know how white people make it through a day with all the discrimination they face. Try not to get lynched tomorrow!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that is true, apparently the new Brazilian HR person for Consumer is a disaster of epic proportions.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And don't forget incompetent and insecure.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reverse discrimination at J&J is very real and is very prevalent in many large organizations today that have Diversity initiatives.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/are-white-males-unfairly-discriminated-against

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Change only happens when people begin talking about the problem. It's time all of us at J&J begin to talk about the elephant in the room known as "white male discrimination". It is very real and needs to stop. J&J is rationalizing this discrimination against white males by promoting itself as one of the top employers for "diversity and inclusion". Well, the last time I checked the definition of "inclusion", it meant everyone and not giving preferential treatment based on race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. If you don't think this is a real issue, do a Google search and see that this is now an issue at many organizations.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-discrimination-reverse-racism-straight-1318279.html

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Judging by your comment, you must be a female working in HR at J&J. Your comment is evidence of the very sad situation at J&J. So, apparently you believe that enslaving Caucasians today would be justified as karma to make up for our history as a nation enslaving African Americans? Unfortunately, there are some females and minorities at J&J that know they are given special treatment and justify this by looking at history.

My parents raised me with the belief that "two wrongs don't make a right".