A call to action: "It's time to put and end to discrimination against white males!

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: A call to action: "It's time to put and end to discrimination against white males

So many of these companies jumped on the Diversity train buying what the "Diversity Consultants" we're selling them. it is only a matter of time before these organizations get their ass sued.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: A call to action: "It's time to put and end to discrimination against white males

Nope. Not in this US.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I find it quiet amusing that people are on here screaming about the incompetency of diverse employees and make NO REFERENCE of Alex and his predominantly ALL WHITE EC, BoD and executive management idiots continuing the legacy of white male fuckery of this company.

Some of the white employees in this company have been doing the same thing for other white people in this company FOR A LONG TIME - we should be upset that ANYONE that's a bloody incompetent asshat gets hired, promoted, etc. Incompetency, stupidity and ignorance knows no race/ethnicity/gender folks.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I started here in 1999, and during my tenure, we've NEVER hired people based on prior work experience, skills, and education. Some of my colleagues and managers have been the biggest dolts I have met in my career. We (and perhaps Lilly and Pfizer) have ALWAYS favored nepotism and cronyism to determine who gets hired and promoted here. As a white guy, I've NEVER heard that the few "minorities" that we haves crack white-boy jokes. Can I tell you how many times I have heard my peers have made racial jokes, or made it clear that thus-and-so won't be hired because "they won't make a good fit" or "did you hear that accent?" Funny, work experience, skills, and education weren't in our hiring criteria then, why all of a sudden should they be now?

I heard that 10 years prior to my coming on board we got nailed with a couple of multi million $ suits. If the crap on this board is any indication of group-think here, I think that we need another one.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, we need another one for sure, only the next one will be law suits from caucasians/males with more qualifications who aren't getting hired or being passed over for promotions while marginally qualified and often unqualified "diverse" candidates and "diverse" employees are being hired or promoted. No one is disputing the fact that J&J was historically a "white male" culture as were many companies of the size and age of J&J. The diversity initiative at J&J was needed to bring this issue to light and to change hiring and promotion practices. The issue now is that the current unhealthy practicies resulting from the focus on the diversity initiative continues to discriminate on the basis of sex and race, only now the impact is on caucausians and males. As one previous poster stated... "Where have we come if we replace one type of discrimination with another?" Hiring or promoting on any other criteria other than education, skills, and experience is just plain wrong and doesn't make business sense. And doing so is not fulfilling our obligation to our shareholders.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You would have had more credibility if you had risen up (like I did) and complained about what you saw 16 years ago. Of course, I paid the price for raising my hand, but I slept better at night.

It rings hollow when we complain about the what, 4-5% of minorities or LGBT in the field or home office in positions of authority. I double-dare anyone to try to sue us, with those kinda numbers as "proof" that we discriminate against people like me. Studies repeatedly show that people tend avoid those with "minority"-sounding names. The one most frequently cited by HR types is the recent one where they made up two resumes, and made them identical, except for 2 things. The ghetto sounding name had the same qualifications and academic track record as the suburbanite sounding name….and the candidate with the suburbanite sounding name was given a felony in his background.

The suburbanite STILL got significantly more call-backs (to a fake contact number) than the ghetto named guy.

We can debate this all day long. The fact remains that at our company, you and I are much more likely to get hired and promoted than a Latino, a gay married man, or a open lesbian.
    Go ahead on a letter writing campaign, rile the troops, threaten to sue all you want. Nothing's going to change because our legal team and the powers-that-be know full well that most here want to go back to hiring/promoting of only sycophants, hook-ups, good ol' boys from people in New Brunswick.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I dont agree with so called reverse-racism, but I do have to say that anyone that says that we favor gays or minorities in upper level spots here has never been to the Big House in Jersey.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To this point, I would love to know the diversity ratio for the non-exec vs. the exec level.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently, you are not too quiet about it.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I find this hilarious. Should I list the number of straight, white male ass-clowns we've had in the Inner Sanctum here over the decades? They received preferential treatment because of their race, gender, and sexual preference, and/or their connections, and no one raised a peep about Good Old Boy network? Why? Because thats the way it's done, dammit. It wasn't until we shelled out mega millions on OVERT racism and homophobia that we were forced to change.

Sorry, but lets not trot out that tired "two wrongs don't make a right", or "why don't we hire the best" tagline.

Our industry is loaded with cronyism, and we were the worst of the worst. Online bitching and moaning about the few minorities or gays in mid level of senior leadership won't change a thing. Since you don't like our policies, than man the hell up and take a legal swipe at us. If you're so sure that we treated you and your frat brothers from Western Michigan badly, then you'll stand to make mega-millions at the snap of a finger!

Bring it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me call the wah- mbulance!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whitey is an Endangered Species at the JnJ facility in Irvine, CA.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and here in New Brunswick, NJ too. I thought I was in the middle of a #blacklivesmatter protest rally.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are in a leadership position at J&J, don't even think about questioning the inappropriate and discriminatory practices resulting from the "diversity initiative" or you might as well say goodbye to your future at J&J or be next on the chopping block when there is a RIF. Drink the kool-aide, hire and promote the less qualified to meet the diversity quota, and keep your head down until you can join a company with more respectable practices and approaches to enhancing diversity in their workforce.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As much as it pains me to do so, I have to agree with this. Just watch the movie Jerry McGuire.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me? Come over to the crown jewel of J&J: Janssen Biotech, Inc. With the exception of one woman, all of senior leadership is male. There's like maybe two or three female managers and all the others are white boys, all from the same country club. There's not shortage of white guys getting promoted, and you can get a great rating even if you finish dead last if you belong to the club. Discrimination? No way.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Over the years, I've seen J&J colleagues who challenged HR when they were being heavy handed into selecting a diversity candidate. Not only were they forced into selecting the less qualified diversity candidate, but they were soon after no longer invited to programs for "hi potential talent" and their boss informed that that they were no longer included as successors to her position. Coincidence that their stellar performance that once considered them hi potential is no longer a factor in determining their future at J&J? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're talking to a blank wall. Even though straight white men make up, what 85% of leadership at or above the level of mid-level manager, MANY here want it to go back to the late 80s (before we got hit with a then industry record lawsuit). Cronyism, nepotism reigned supreme back then, and we had some REAL dirt-bags. But hey, thats ok, because they were connected to those higher up. Try to promote a black chick, and all hell breaks loose.

We are a joke.

to those threatening to go somewhere else, I say go ahead.
    • Odds are, your hiring manager or HR contact will be someone other than a white male.
    • No one (other than contract sales companies) hires our cast-offs. We have a reputation for hiring based on ….you got it: cronyism and nepotism