A different kind of interview

Discussion in 'Serono' started by Anonymous, Feb 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied to a key account mgr position. Received an invitation to do a taped mini video interview with a few canned absurd questions. Usually the normal procedure with most companies is to have a phone interview with a live person not a taped video interview that the hiring people can unfairly decide if you're worthy to move on. Has anyone else had this? And what is the real reason for doing this other than their cheap and possibly lazy.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say lazy. If this is how they select their candidates then perhaps it is a sign that the company does not have their act together. I agree that this is a weird process. They will lose out on good candidates.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You didn't offer to get under the table and perform a bj. This is the way to get a job here

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly not a "Nice To Meet You" approach.
    Is this a first, anywhere?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is embarrassing that Serono has stooped to this level.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The entire interview process was bizarre. Wasted my time and obviously they don't care. Never again will I deal with this company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are better off moving on. this company is a sinking ship! All products are reaching the end of their lifecycle, No successful new products in the pipeline. The most recent emphasis/move into oncology has been one failure after failure. Oh yeah.. and lets not forget to mention that the company is on a CIA for underhanded dealings.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just accepted another offer--Serono, you are really a weird little company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does the other company have any more openings?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought video interviewing was used so that the company could judge the applicants' ages and eliminate older and experienced applicants.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone actually received a call back on any of these jobs after their video interview?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No call back. The video and written 'interviews' were both a total and complete waste of time.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did last year. No written interview though.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it is a total and complete waste of time.
    HR never follows up.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone actually get a face to face interview or a job?
    The video interview seemed like a waste of my time.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went through a lot during the interview process. Wasting time, vacation days and got no offer. Heard they still have the position open. The leadership I interviewed with we're not prepared, late meeting with me and treated me like a huge inconvenience of their time. I will NEVER apply for or speak with another recruiter with this POS company. Classless.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must not have made a good impression.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone else actually get a call back? or return email? after the video interview?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you didn't read all the posts. I did a video interview last year and got a face to face several weeks later.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have done this new web video, written interview process. It is being done at more than one company (Abbott Medical Optics is another that I've done). I have had follow up calls from HR/Recruiters and face to face interviews. It is an interesting process -- I like the web part because I can do it anytime and not have to lie or explain where I am going to my current employer. Also, I don't have to waste my gas or time driving anywhere out of my way to interview.However, I also am concerned that companies can use process to discriminate based on age, sex ethnicity, sex, attractiveness (or lack thereof), etc.