A WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING!!

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will happen the week after dec 3rd. Heard from many sources. It will go down similar to this. Cardio/met will be cut, mgrs gone, neuro/psych combined,cv/re cut in half. 1000-1200 affected nationwide.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I have learned anything in my tenure in this industry it's that half the stuff you read in here turns out to be valid. I believe a reorg is coming after thanksgiving and they are keeping it very quiet.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis plans on rolling out a new vacation package for the week after thanksgiving. Current employees chosen by previous rankings etc will go from 10-15 days of vacation plus 5 personal days of vacation up to a full 365 days of vacation. Unfortunately it will be unpaid vacation. The new vacation initiative will be called layoff.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know about the announcement date, but the rumor of everyone going portfolio is def. true---one of the managers who thought he was muted (?) let it slip while we were waiting for conference call to start that he had received the REclast/EP training materials for his CV reps in the mail...oops! So much for that secret!

Home training this year, certify at national meeting in Jan. A lot of territories in CA/OR/WA are already portfolio selling--honestly its not that big of a deal. The territory next to ours is low potential, they were cut down in the last layoff and they all have everything--they love it--say it is actually easier to coordinate, they choose who leads with what drug, and all report to one manager. So, hopefully a positive for those reps who will still be employed...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Already did :) Everyone have a blessed thanksgiving. Our future with Novartis has already been written so we might as well enjoy the holiday.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, it's thanksgiving! Enjoy your day with friends and family. Don't stress but let's see what happens in a week

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about Long Term Care Acpount Managers? They don't need those people.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LTC AM's will actually increase in size.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes that doesn't surprise me at all. Many have huge areas. This may be a way to save a few jobs

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is it. Bank on it. Should be a fun Monday.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dork

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought that was kind of funny. It is always good to see some humor on these posts.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will all know by the end of the week. Possibly by wed.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone else hear about a manager's call from 4-7? if there are any manager's reading this while on the call can you give us some insight? would love to know the skinny. It is the week after thanksgiving after all, according to this something should be going down!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i heard this is for psych and neuro managers. Any GM managers have a similar call?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, Neuro and Psych managers had to be home between 4-7 today. They also have to be home all day tomorrow. We should know our fate by tomorrow or the next day.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Notifications started late this afternoon...hang on!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company has so many leaks. I'm not naïve to think nothing is going to happen, but all these theories are amazing. Are managers getting cut as well?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is beginning tonight!! Not sure about gen meds but neuro/psych hang on tight it's going to be a bumpy ride!!