AAOS 2017

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by anonymous, Mar 6, 2017 at 2:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My surgeons keep asking me what they'll see at the booth that's new but corporate is especially quiet about AAOS this year. I can't tell if the silence means they've got a big surprise or if they have zilch. Anyone hear anything?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fungicide will be the booth giveaway

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too many irons in the fire. Too big too fast NO MANAGEMENT!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This year will be quiet on the product front (Persona Partial may make some noise) as they are putting their eggs in the Signature Solutions basket. Private viewing and unveiling (think Persona Experience a few years back). Sign up your DOCS and bring them in to visit a program specifically designed to be sold into the C-Suite. Brilliant!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why are they investing so much in signature/psi. It costs more.....

The savings of OR time and instrument handling are completely inflated.

The implant placement is marginally improved according to one study and on another it says it really does not help as much as the companies advertise.

The processing of trays adds time and money to not only the hospital but the poor rep who has to dissemble all the regular trays, throw all the specific instruments into another tray then have all the trays you just gutted rewrapped in case the guides don't work correctly. So instead of the normal 5-6 knee trays you now have 6-7. Then after the case the rep has to put all the instruments back into their original trays. Has to unwrap all those backup trays, hint don't do it in front of the Central Processing staff.

The rep usually has to help get the MRI/CT uploaded and planned, another money/time loser.

This just shows, if it is true, that our leaders are completely freaking clueless as to where the industry is headed.

PSI/Signature is a fad. Should only be used if there was horrible trauma previously or retained hardware like an IM nail if doing a knee.

The Reps who sell this shit are financially (think your time) screwing yourselves. Also the Reps are going to look like idiots when reality sets in (see CAS).

If this is the big thing at AAOS and the continued worst product rollout of all time (Persona), then I will be looking for a new job and taking all my customers with me.

Looks like you have ruined a very successful company and a marginal company (read Zimmer then Biomet). I say marginal because there was never a profit.

On another note, has any territory increased in sales in the last 9 months, besides having a doctor move into your territories? Only 2 in our whole distributorship. Our largest loser had more than triple the loses over the 2 gainers combined.

Our distributor continues to hoard money as he knows within a year or two it will be gone from him. The lies are getting old. Even the docs know what he is doing. Greedy bastard, that's one of the main reasons you are losing besides lack of inventory.

Good luck everyone, put on your life vests, this ship is going down!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha! Says a lot about company messaging that reps think Signature Solutions is about guides.

Yes there is a Signature guide for PSI, but there is also Signature Solutions. It is a bundled services program for the C-suite and hospital http://www.zimmerbiometsignaturesolutions.com/

Then again, they only discuss it on every investor call, so not knowing what it is makes about as much sense as them talking about it on every call with NO results.

I thought Ringling Bros was out of business.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

signature solutions, signature guides, whatever,
    It's all a joke! New company is a joke

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So does the rep get a commission of of the entire " signature solutions"? I heard no, so as a rep we are to spend an absolute immense amount of time on something that we won't get paid on? We're already getting paid on the joints we have, and if it's at a dual or three vendor hospital, do we expect the " other surgeons" to switch because we helped a hospital become more efficient?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so we go and sell this glorified Accelero and then the hospital subs in "name your favorite cheap Ortho company" and boots us out after they learn to do it with our help? Great model, said no one ever!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truly you are all sales morons... The product doesn't matter, the value adds do... You are all nothing but glorified coal miners... can you balance a checkbook, at least you know what the internet is... congrats

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales morons? Sounds like corporate elitism.... have a little respect for those that tolerate all the BS involved in selling and servicing HCPs, juggling backorders and justifying and facilitating recalls, to state the least. In many aspects, the job does not pay enough, especially with such deprecating lingo that infects the masses like a plague. Remember, Your salary depends on it!

Simply stated..... If the salesforce is perceived as being ignorant to company products and services, then corporate leadership bears the blame. Make sure that the salesforce is well versed on Accelero (AKA Rapid Recovery program) and if it is a poor strategic decision, then fix it, since living with it is too costly.... for all involved.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how will Signature Solutions truly help the salesforce? I see a lot of running around to get our prices slashed and our ideas stolen. How can you lock them in once you unveil a Signiture plan? They will just take our blueprint with no repercussions. This sounds like some corporate department pushing to save their jobs with a labor intensive idea that will ultimately get us cut out when they get the flow down then go looking at price reductions. Like someone above posted "insert cheap priced Ortho company here".
    How is your department going to add value to us and more importantly how the hell are we going to be compensated for all the behind the scenes bullshit that will have to be done to make it work?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

couldn't attend this year. Had a new guy doing cases so don't bitch.

Got two calls this AM: lost all shoulder business from 1 and lost all knee/hip from the other.

The knee/hip did not want to talk about it.
    The shoulder guy said that our guys there were border line incompetent and could not answer basic questions.
    What the hell is wrong with you guys?!? So pissed at you guys.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rather than being pissed at "Our guys," have you considered being a solution to this problem? If you are in a position of sales leadership, then do what you have to do to win the business back..... for God sake, at least try hard to win it back. Then, do what needs to be done to get "Our guys" trained on product. Seems you have your work cut out for you, so you better get on it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wasn't at AAOS but heard the Signature Solutions exhibit was a bust. They tried to schedule visits but couldn't get a quarter of the slots filled. What a shocker that Reps weren't pushing their docs to visit. Why shoot myself in the head when corporate is falling all over themselves to shoot me first?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard Signature Solutions was a great event and of interest to a lot of surgeons. But, what is in it for us reps?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Corporate vehemently believes SS offers a sustainable competitive advantage that will grow business. Reps are expected to focus selling the entire portfolio of products and services; however; in reality, may result in working harder and smarter to protect existing business with expectation to expand the accounts footprint for the same, or perhaps less compensation. Bear in mind, this type of strategy is not unique to ZB.....

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank god we got into the robotics sector. I'm seeing more and more of this mako stuff in my area, I'm happy to something to offer that will compete.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NO. Were you at academy? It's a joke of a platform and all this move does is validate Stryker's move into this space. I was able to talk to surgeons about why robotics isn't necessary in their OR and why we at ZB feel the future of orthopedics in is another direction. If you value your business, in particular your knee business DO NOT sell any robotics platform.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The best part about the Rosa exhibit at AAOS wasn't the robot, but the prosthetic leg. I could watch that thing all day long.