abbott diabetics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s up with these Libre DTC adds?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been seeing lots of Libre adds. What is DTC? Direct to Consumer? There are many adds for meds that need scripts so I assume its the same idea.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting how we heard how important we are and how successful Abbott has been during these times but we are not getting paid?

We are one of the very few companies that are in the field. We are putting our health at risk, we are growing but not at the ridiculous amount that someone estimated. Most companies are sitting at home. This is not how you keep good people.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For the dtc question they are comparing growth of where they run ads vs field sales only. To get a better idea of what drive growth. They’ve been doing it on the nutrition side for years

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came into Abbott (ADC) in a senior position. The starting pay was good....I did have to push a bit. After 11 years my salary increased about 10% compensating for inflation during that period. Abbott is making a ton of money from my work. In truth at most companies your salary falls behind inflation. Most employees don't keep up. Abbott was better than most companies in this regard. I was lucky in that most of my net worth came from stock options a start up during the tech bubble.

Can't get wealthy off of just a salary. I took a risk at risky employment and it paid off at one company. The other two startups I worked at went belly up. Got laid off from one and jumped ship from the other.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for sharing your story.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha lmao whenever some lonely loser feels the need to anonymously share their life story on this site. Nobody on this site gives a flying flip! Poor bastard! Hahahahaha

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This person is Trumpian. Probably lies a lot, is petulant, believes in conspiracy theories, and lives from check to check.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone else worried about sens and their 180 day cgm that should get FDA approval Q1/Q2 of next year? They already have 37 academic medical centers certified for the implant procedure.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have best in class leadership and are built ADC tough.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doubt that. Your company won’t recoup an ROI on their stupid DTC ads.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Patients don't like procedures and having something embedded into their arm. Also the RF module they need to wear is much larger than Libre 2 sensor and huge compared to the Libre 3. Even though the Libre has been approved for "on the arm use" a patient can put it on the abdomen or wherever if they want. The Senseonics will take a bit of ADCs market but not much.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s the comp like here? Base salary range? Annual bonus target?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know about sales but in R&D the pay was about 15% above average for the area. And we got a very good bonus each year with better than average benefits.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s the rep comp here in meter sales?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are on a mission from God. What more could we need.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Median rep total annual comp falls in the 90-110 range depending on bonus pay.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you are way out of touch!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have something more accurate let’s see it? Generally, this division throws out ~90 base and 30k at plan for bonus. You don’t get rich at ADC by no means. Low end of median industry average for sure.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hell maybe 6-7 years ago ADC was still hiring reps at 65k base. When I left 5 years ago I was at 82k base which was one of the higher bases.