Abbott Labs Comes To America’s Rescue

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by anonymous, Mar 31, 2020 at 9:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbott should have come out and announced it had they known about it. I'm going with the Cleveland Clinic on this one.

Here's the original NPR article quoted:

Study Raises Questions About False Negatives From Quick COVID-19 Test

After further reading, I found it interesting to read the following excerpts:

"So that means if you had 100 patients that were positive, 15% of those patients would be falsely called negative. They'd be told that they're negative for COVID when they're really positive," Procop told NPR in an interview. "That's not too good."...
    Procop says a test should be at least 95% reliable. Based on his study, Procop said his hospital (Cleveland Clinic) has stopped using the test (Abbott's ID NOW) to screen patients being admitted for care."

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hundreds of Thousands of health care workers are being furloughed, laid off in US as routine patient visits drop during coronavirus pandemic Dentists, surgeons, medical assistants, nurses and primary care physicians are among the thousands of health care workersfurloughed during pandemic.
    medical workers across the United States are suddenly out of work as operating rooms and doctor’s offices go dark. Pharma Sales Reps are going to feel long term effects. If you don’t this will impact you, think again!
    Its already happening.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a liberal! Just don't vote for idiots who instruct us to inject disinfectants!!! Who's your daddy?!!! You like that stuff?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just because someone is anti-Trump doesn’t make them a liberal. It makes them smart. Trump is dangerous and a complete crazy deranged whacked out freak. Anyone who supports him needs their head checked.

It also doesn’t automatically make them a man-hating daddy-issue individual.

Get a grip and tone down your language and drama.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you. I was wondering where all the sane and level headed, moderate normal people are. Some people like to incite hatred and anger no matter what.

The Cleveland Clinic is an excellent measure/judge when it comes to the quality/reliability of a product. Hoping things improve everywhere with testing & reliability so the country can open up.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We surpassed 5 million tests delivered last week. Demand is extremely high!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, so you are claiming that "Abbott should have come out and announced it had they known about it." From what I can find, they did announce it on April 15th once made aware: https://www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/product-and-innovation/customer-update-on-our-idnow-covid-19-test.html
    Additionally, there is nothing on their announcement about the "15%" rate.
    Are you claiming that Abbott knew about the "15% rate" prior to launch? If so, where is the proof? The article only shows Dr. Procop's findings of the assay performance, not anything about Abbott "knowing about this".
    Again, I am assuming you meant Abbott knowing about this before launch.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle found that Abbott’s “SARS-CoV-2 IgG lab-based serology blood test had 99.9% specificity and 100% sensitivity for detecting the IgG antibody in patients 17 days or more after symptoms began,”

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Awesome!