Abbott Nutrition Pediatrics

Discussion in 'Abbott Nutrition' started by anonymous, May 7, 2017 at 10:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heather retired (wink,wink) because of her inability to get any traction in China. She over promised and undelivered to Miles. He simply had enough of her nonsense. On Abbott being sold, I don't think so. The US ped market is doing well. While the adult side is struggling, both divisions make tons of money for this company. This cash allows for R&D and acquisitions. Miles knows the clock is ticking and he wants to maximize every $$ he can make here. I agree the next 2 years will be very interesting.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tons of money ? Stupid lonely old fucking troll. You don't know jackshit Get back to Shire board fuck face.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The stupidity of trolls that don't even work here, but make laughable comments is insane.
    It has nothing to do with Heather who BTW was a nobody here. China's doesn't want foreign multinationals to dominate their baby formula market.They have thrown a series of obstacles in front of Western formula makers, making it impossible for Abbott to hit its growth targets. They started years ago with a product recall, and then price-fixing allegations. If we ever dump this division Danone, Nestle or Proctor & Gamble could grab it.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, so you read the Crains Report from Chicago Business? I give AN 18 months tops. Google Abbott Nutrition Crains report to see what I'm talking about.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good info !

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It might be good information but it is way off base. You don't know what your talking about. This is all speculation with no facts behind it. Danone wouldn't know what to do with a great division like Abbott Nutrition. You must work for Mead Johnson.......loser

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We' ll see what you say 6 months from now.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A Nutrition sale would be huge for Abbott. They unload a profitable mature product line that isn't qrowing and see an immediate jump in their stock price to about $65-$69 a share. Can you say WIN WIN?

9. There is no buyer for the business, there have been capital spends such as the new plants, consolidation of offices in Chicago and Columbus and changes to the transportation network. AN will be a part of Abbott as long as babies are born and adult age and retire.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One big problem is AQR. These morons create more trouble than they're worth. They treat everyone like dirt and cost millions in unnecessary compliance costs. Fire these FDA-wannabe's and let's get back to work.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have just put in my papers to retire. It has been an amazing run. Good luck to all my friends. I hope the run continues but not really sure with this group running the company

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bring back Patton !

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good for you!! I was 62 when I retired last Fall. After 40 years of work (14 at Abbott) one gets tired of all the shit.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Make sure to go out on medical leave before you exit.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I no longer work for AN. I worked in the SE - many say Z in the NE is a monster - they never had R. Sr reps told me that she was bat shit crazy - funny I see the comment here. I know one district that has strategy meetings on key accounts several times a week with their district manager and R. They are always trying to badger the reps - wanting action items on a weekly basis done - like getting a doctor to switch 100% to AN vs. competitors or getting a contract with a hospital. They have used heavy handed sales tactics with hospitals and doctors - forced them to turn to Gerber or MJ. The micromanagement is awful - the manager riding every two weeks - and this crazy 2-4 meetings a week on the phone but you are not allowed to drive with bluetooth. I know that our district had meetings every Monday and Friday at 8am sharp - sometimes by Webex where the manager had to see you. If you were not dressed in a suit and tie he would snap on you. I think the sales training in Columbus is outdated - the role plays over the top. I have never had to do anything so intensive in my life. Why did you hire me as a sales rep if you only focus on my running lines to a doctor? Doctors get someone trying to pull that old pharma sales technique every day. The model is dead. All I know is that I left - I was stressed out all the time - the market share is dropping because of competition and AN does not want to acknowledge it. They put sales trainers into management positions that cannot relate to people - their is a difference between managing using strict perimeters and being a leader who inspires and coaches their team into greatness. I am not sure how in some states they are going to keep failing managers with no personality to keep their jobs. Management here lies and backbiters -I have never seen such a toxic company - shows its true color to our clients and or customers in the field. Especially when your manager is strange and wanting you to role play by the book and the doctor does not go along - gets you kicked out of offices because he keeps asking the same doctors - pushing the product on them to the point the bar you. Then you get blamed for it. Sales is about relationships with staff - building trust not forcing them to 100% your product.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know that in VA several people who hated the new manager there went on medical leave before they left. The manager there seems like a real asshole by the book with no independent thought to him - he has had such high turnover - how can they keep him running the state into the ground? I see this and communicate with several reps in the state. Its been going on now for a couple years - the reps are harassed every day - micromanaged to death. I know that one rep there had a personal thing to do at 4pm on some Fridays with their child. Most reps are not working until 5pm on Friday - that is why we are reps in the field. The manager in VA wanted an action plan on how they were going to make up the hour lost to business. When usually most reps like this one is working nights and even some weekends. No common sense. And the sexual harassment of other females is over the top - if you report it - HR looks the other way.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know reps in VA - since the market share is low - one of the lowest - RS goes ape shit crazy. The manager or DM is a tool of corporate - forces the role playing hard - you cannot be yourself. Everyone has quit - retired - or left in some fashion. They use the same bullying tactics on hospitals and that is why they are losing contracts. RS in Ohio and the DM AH use reps - make them escape goats to save their own skin. They have harassed reps to the point they should be fired for abuse. HR laughs thinking they are safe - I know reps that have recording them in the car and on cars - with the threats and abuse. Upper management does not know what is going on because that asshole in Ohio is too busy drinking wine and going to Napa to give a shit. Running it again like a old pharma model that died twenty years ago.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glad I read these about the manager in VA. I interviewed with him and he seemed very corporate. Never cracked a smile at all. Talked about reps having anxiety. I can see why. I need a job but not that bad.