Abbott Nutrition Pediatrics

Discussion in 'Abbott Nutrition' started by anonymous, May 7, 2017 at 10:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came over think Abbott was one of the greatest companies and it is - pay and benefits are awesome. Still thinking after a couple of years that I might leave. I know many new reps that are either actively or seriously considering leaving due to the intensity of the micro-managing. The sales training now is so intensive - and you have to still run your territory in three days with maybe two days in training per week. Role play heaven - never worked for companies that put so much into roleplays. I know the new reps in my district are so stressed - its like the manager and training are hazing them. They expect 8-5 in the field daily - but no time to do the admin - Excel sheet - gratis - SAF- it goes on and on. Due to Obamacare and Baby Friendly - declining birth rates - the market is shrinking - they have competition from MJ and Gerber and still expect an 80% market share - if not they run the reps into the ground. They want contracts in a matter of months with hospitals - desperation. Managers always riding with reps all the time - doing what most companies do once a quarter - doing full out assessments. Micromanaging will destroy this company - the East is the worst. I am hoping some in management retire or die - they will continue to have high turn over because no one is going to put up with harassment which is not professional. I have had friends not even think about coming onboard because of their intensity - its a job - not a Nazi run organization.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with this post. I worked with AN for three decades. This management team is the worst ever. There are managers with little or no experience giving veteran reps with great market shares PA and driving them from the sales force into retirement or to other sales jobs with better pay, better bonuses and no " mothers survey" which is a made up way to deny bonuses to those who earn them. If you are a current rep with years to go before you retire, I urge you to move on from AN as soon as you can. You will be better off and AN can then get on with replacing the sales force which is their goal to save money and add to executive bonus! Be warned and move now! Beware Z in the northeast!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bring back Don Patton.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Patton was a true POS!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don was the driving force behind Ross. He left after it was realized that the market and ship were sinking.
    Selling baby milk and candy bars isn't what I'd call Pharma and Abbott should have never added their name to this joke. Milk maids are hilarious and the biggest joke at Abbott.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don was the driving force behind Don. Typical corporate bully. His claim to fame was a plastic container that he call an "Innovation". F'in bald idiot. rot in hell you a-hole. Please share your nightmare story from your association with this Ross killer.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, he was a driving force. He drove away good, caring managers both in Columbus and locally. Drove away the Ross relationships with customers, and drove away the highly successful Ross culture. He was a true POS!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He was also a Miles White buddy. White deserves most of the blame for hiring the idiot Patton!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

White deserves ALL of the blame. Supposedly it was a payback for Patton's loyalty in the TAP fiasco.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AN is just the worst company/division!! Management team is BAT SHIT CRAZY! I I have been trying to make it work for quite a few years now but I cannot stomach them anymore.
    To all the people who are considering a position with them, I have one word for you....
    RUN!!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe you should leave. If you can't handle the pressure from our great leaders then it is time for you to go.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah it was.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Milkmaids.....Milkmaids.....Milkmaids

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Asswipe, asswipe, asswipe

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PN mgmt team does not have the respect of the reps! The comments and feelings at meetings are at a all time low!! These people have no idea how to lead! Maybe one day Abbott will see what is truely going on in PN!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbott does not care about Nutrition, would not be surprised if it was sold off soon. It underperformed other divisions in Q2. The management has been terrible since Patton was there, Virant was terrible too. District managers come in, stay a few months or weeks and then leave! They are the smart ones. My advice is to leave AN now and go with a company that respects reps.

18. Average Joe

Average Joe Guest

This is why Heather "retired", AN will be sold by Q1, the house cleaning has begun in Columbus, outspoken employees at the plant and in QA were let go this week. Latest packaging "innovation" is stumbling badly, I just hope to hold on 2 more years to retirement!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn shame used to be easy job. Make friends with HCP's drive business. The clueless run the show.
    Your selling freaking milk god dammit.