Abbott Nutrition

Discussion in 'Abbott Nutrition' started by anonymous, Jul 11, 2016 at 7:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

honest answers please!!! What is the pay (base) range for the adult nutrition side. What are the bonuses like? Do you sample anything? How do you get credit if these things are OTC? Not sure how it works. Saw a job posting but want to understand the comp before I apply! Thank you

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On the adult side - no sampling - pay in the $80,000 - $90,000 range depending on experience. Bonus between $10K - $15K per year. Ask about size of territory & whether this division will be around in a year.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that seems high. Only reps I knew making that much have been with the company for 15 years. Most reps start out at 65-75 from my experience. Inside sales starts at 60 from what I was told.
    You’re spot on with the bonus. A top rep will make mid 20s on a good year. Other that that expect around 10-15. You are bonused on retail all the way which you have little to know control over. It’s not a coincidence that New York and Miami do so well every year no matter what rep is in it or even if the territory is vacant. since the markets are so big they spend more money advertising to them... it’s not that they have good reps every year..

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh sorry - you're right - that is with 15 years with Abbott.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dont be an a** just because you got fired. Trying to help someone who is honestly looking at a career with Abbott. Not everyone can be as good of a milk maid as you.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you know Alicia Way and Fuentes Lane ?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

any current reps, please reply. Are you happy with the position?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

can you please elaborate? Why did you say no?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, they are streets in NW San Antonio.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Black

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is new hire training like? Do they fire you if I slip up on a written test like big pharma?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely! Most of the trainers couldn't sell snow shovels in a blizzard. But they will can you if you don't go into training already trained. Passing these tests is the most important thing. 85% of the existing sales force couldn't pass these tests. They also expect you to battle with the other trainees for the title of "Best in Class." But also keep in mind that you are battling against dietitians that like to read studies for pure enjoyment. They call it "sales" training, but don't teach any selling. It's all about passing tests. You want to learn how to sell, ask for help from a seasoned member of your district willing to take you under their wing and show you the ropes.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thoughts on ensure max protein being launched without sales force envolvement? What are customers saying about it? Is sales direction changing going forward with therapeutic nutrition?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

EAS being shut down? Thoughts?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoffs today in Columbus. Anyone else affected?

Seems that these things happen on the last Tuesday of a quarter? Thoughts?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard there is no one left to layoff. Good people either were fired or forced out by the current regime. Not a pleasant place to work anymore.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pity. Decent products but quality has been inconsistent; wholesale clubs like Cosco and BJs had EAS products on clearance in recent times ... Abbott may decide to retain some of the formulations (for the Lean/Shred Mocha products for instance) but rebrand them.