Abbott Point of Care

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Apr 25, 2015 at 5:22 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was hoping I could get some information on what it is like to work for this division?
    I realize it is fairly small compared to ADC, Nutrition, etc, but am considering pursuing an opportunity there- I looked on the board and do not see any posts regarding it in the recent past (6 months)

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was just fired from Radio Shack and Taco Bell and looking to advance my career

Thanks!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The inmates are running the asylum in this company. This really wacked out operation forces the employees to crawl on all fours around a public monument.

On Thursday, around lunch-time, surprised passersby witnessed a strange sight: fifteen or so people in business attire crawling on all fours around Abbott Park. Photos and videos of the scene spread rapidly on social media, causing widespread indignation.

The “exercise” stopped when a rain storm forced the employees to leave the premises. It was reported that the firm was trying to teach its employees how to work in stressful conditions.
    Since it is difficult to find employment these days, employees must bend to their bosses’ orders, even if their dignity suffers.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really?? are there no sane people on this board that can answer a honest question?
    Please??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, seriously, I interviewed with another division and the hiring manager had a log stuck up his ass. I have never seen such canned, asinine questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me what you bring to the table that no one else does? REALLY???? Do these robots think these questions help them decide who will actually perform for them? Anyone can learn how to answer canned questions. I passed on the opportunity and thankfully so because they are underpaying.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plenty of jobs out there. PLENTY. The job market is robust right now.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my opinion, because they are so small, they will be the next to go. Istat or APOC is a great little division. profits are good, they have a different profit sharing then the rest of abbott. Cant say much else, I haven't worked in that area but have friends that do.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

APOC next to be sold? Hardly no plants left in Northamerica.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahm, the executive team there is less than 2 years old. There is only one original exec team member remaining. Targets were missed last fiscal year so not sure how they are doing this year. They did lay off a bunch of folks in Jan 2014 and Jan 2015 so not sure how stable things are. Things only seem to be growing in the international sales/marketing area. best of luck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here- Thank you for the perspective
    It is much appreciated

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worked there for 10+ years. Went from a good company to crap in two years. All of senior leadership left brought in a gut from Pharma, an narcissistic man with serious Napoleon syndrome. After numerous employment lawsuits and massive turnover he was forced out. It’s been a revolving door at leadership levels with a very unproven GM now in place. Technology is 25 years old with zero new viable test added. Don’t walk run from APOC.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

APOC is awful, as is most of Abbott. If you work there you are miserable, under threat and under paid. If you have been there a long time be ready for them to whack you before you hit 50 as that is when the pension money starts to really grow. If you have other options take them. Purely a transactional company. Used to be justified in underpaying because it was a good place to work but it is full of bullies and small minds.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have things improved?