Abbott rep selling Azmacort

Discussion in 'Kos' started by Anonymous, Mar 4, 2007 at 9:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anybody please comment on Azmacort.

Thank you.

welcome aboard

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Azmacort is a tough sell, it's a good drug, but the oldest in the market. The spacer angle doesn't really help like you are taught it should. Advair owns the market and another combo product will be released shortly that is supposed to kill Advair, so it will be tough. Managed care is so-so, this is a tough drug to move. It went unpromoted for 2 years before we picked it up, sales were in a nose dive, they are still not what they were supposed to be. Good luck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go read "Kos Training on the Abbott board. Don't want to type it again.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you take out the Azmacort canister, it makes a great fucking bong. Used it many times for that.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

samples are trade size

Tough sell is putting mildly, ex Aeros rep here, had docs laugh at me when I started to detail them on it.

No one uses spacers any more - no need for them with DPIs.
    no one uses MDIs with CFCs anymore - heck no one uses MDIs any more!
    CfCs will soon be removed from market due to the Ozone layer thing - is Azmacort HFA ready to go? - I think not.

The market has moved to a combo approach, just ask the Schering (Asmanex)and the poor contract reps still pushing Pulmicort.(monotherapy)

AZ is next to market with a combo in a DPI - and more to come.

DPIs are just a better device. far less issues, much better lung deposition, much better particle size. Easy to watch how many doses are left.

Azmacort is dosed up to 16 puffs per day! Weak steroid plus lousey lung deposition. Pulmicort can be titrated down to 1 inhalation per day, Asmanex is 1 -2 inhalations/QD.

Think it through, find an old old doc, and see if he'll Rx it for you.

Kos has a lot of dog products hiding behind the Niaspan star.

Good luck, you'll need it!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DITTO......................

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gaack! I got stuck with a new territory with hours of windshield time and a dog of a product! Ignorance was bliss when I knew nothing about Azmacort. How old is it anyway?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20 - 25 YEARS OLD

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a buddy drug. Use your relationships and you can get some scripts.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

some...........not a lot. its a dated device that is still CFC and has no counter............manged care is generally okkay but not terrific. asmanex is covered everywhere as is flovent

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and Asmanex and Flovent are BETTER steroids!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, looking at all the comments, if the CFC issue were to be fixed, and a DPI formulation used, and the spacer fixed or eliminated, would triamcinolone montherapy still be a dog?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to disagree with some of the comments on Azmacort. I've been on Advair 50/500 for 6 months with no reduction in asthma symptoms. I've used Symbacort, and that was good but still not as effective. I've been as Azmacort for 2 weeks and for the first time in over 5 years, I am breathing easily. I don't care how old it is, as long as it works. And Azmacort works good for me. I realize you are in sales and don't have asthma, but as someone who has had asthma all my life, this drug gives me hope that m symptoms will continue to improve. Just my two cents....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My husband has used Azmacort for years and it is the thing that keeps his asthma in check and unfortunately it is getting to be so high cost and not covered by insurance that he will have to find another way of paying for it. Even the Canadian places charge the same price as the U.S. Just this month it went up another 7.00 figure that one out. If I could find a company like Astra Zenaca who helps with the products it would be great. Got any ideas on that problem.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i've had asthma all my life. i'm 50. now copd. been on azmacort for the last 20-25 years. it did its job. just now dr. changed me because of my insurance formulary to symbicort. tried it 3 weeks. terrible. worst (non illness related) breathing in years plus multi side effects. i would be willing to pay out of pocket for the azmacort but he said azmacort would be phasing out anyway. today he is changing me to qvar. i have hope for it. but would give anything to go back to azmacort. just cause its old doesn't mean its not the right drug for many people.

i'm not a drug rep. but a lifelong patient. i never realized how little drug reps cared for patients needs til reading sites on internet. not saying all just most i've read.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sir/Maam This is absolutely the worst web site to gauge the way most reps feel about their jobs, companies and products. Most of us care very much about educating physicians and getting the best product in your hands.

I work for a much bigger company now and I will tell you most reps do care about the patients that use their products and are very ethical and proud.

Azmacort was great to sell because it made sense. The guidelines support its use and it was affordable. Im sure abbott could find a way to help you continue to get the product.

Good luck and thanks for the post. It reminded me of why I wake up everyday and talk to doctors all day long.

17. Lakshmi

Lakshmi Guest

I just found out this is being discontinued. I understand why. I just have to say I have tried all the other newer inhalers and all of them cause such horrible side effects I cannot imagine living this way. Azmacort already causes me enough...but the new ones literally cause me to hallucinate!!!!!!! And be depressed and detached from my body/reality and I feel like I just went thru a very traumatic experience after using them for even one day. If I can't get Azmacort I am not sure what to do! I spent about 20k per year searching for natural remedies for this problem since I developed it about 8 years ago. Because of the economy I am incredibly low on money. I have no insurance now. Any ideas? I would like to buy as many of these inhalers as I can find but they are $165 each! And they won't last forever. I wish Abbott would make this same product with a different delivery system. And don't put any other extra magic drugs in there!! No more side effects than necessary...please!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many samples are still left in Drs. offices, make some calls and explain your situation. You may be surprised.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is good advice. It is likely that 10-20 sample inhalers are collecting dust in several offices within driving distance of you. Let your fingers do the walking,.. call them 1-by-1.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have used Azmacort for years to keep my asthma under control ,it works. I can not take any of the other drugs I have tried them all they make me sick. So now that they no longer make Azmacort I guess I will just keep getting sick until I finally die. Seems like the FDA did this on purpose how in the world do they get away with stopping the company from making a drug when there is no other one out there like it and it works. Seems to me like they could put off sending another space ship up or take the nasty trucks off the road or the coal powered plants or the buses or trains or airplanes or any of the many things they could get rid of FIRST before they take away our medicines. This stuff harms the OZONE way more than our medicines. I mad!!!