Abbott Vascular Clonmel

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sir are a fucking twat. Big man hiding behind an anonymous post. And by the way didn't the irish not do this is days gone by? And still are immigrating to Oz, New Zealand, UK, USA for work, money and better standard of living?????

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was a joke!! used with sarcasm. I apologise if you or anyone else actually thought I was serious.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. No need to be racist. The majority of polish and other nationality are renting and have no family support here. This is not about the workers it's about management not caring about staff. Majority of the workers are great and team player. The rest along with some Irish are lazy

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ye are totally making a balls of this writing about other nationalities ... It has Notting to do with this ... Be nice and stick up for one another ... This is about people's fears of working with a pandemic going on . Workers in Abbott are so nice no matter where they are from . It's poor management and bulky sups that are they issue here . Please look out for eachother at this horrible time

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Coronavirus is not racist it does not discriminate who it kills....

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are still too many people on the lines, there is still not a 2 metre distance between between workers, supervisors are not doing a thing to rectify this, they are just giving generic answers, they should listen to management and more importantly government guidelines!!!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the b***h in HR sitting on her fat ass at home and ringing people who are isolating asking them to come back to work F**K YOU, to the management intimidating and forcing temporary staff to work 12 hour shifts at the weekend F**K YOU, to the bulky ass supervisors who have not got a F*****G clue whats going on and cant even tie their own shoelaces without farting F**K YOU, you are not just kiling us but our loved ones aswell by your inabilty to put people before profit and your lack of compassion for your fellow human beings!!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

stop crying bitch

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jesus. Will ye just down tools and stop production if ye all feel so strongly about it. They can't sack everyone.... Go to the papers or TDs and get it done before everyone gets infected . Medical companies are shut pfizer in Dublin is closed 900 in there .

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The truth is nobody cares. Lots of people do not give a dam what happens in work. The health of colleagues obviously I wish them well but really if I never saw any of them again I doubt I'd lose any sleep over it.

This is the culture management created over years and years it can't be undone. What has gone on over the last few weeks is shocking but not that surprising. Lots of people run to sups and management over petty things to discredit people in reviews. You can see them whispering in sups ear all the time. It's like that from top to bottom or from bottom to top whichever you prefer.

We make medical devices but nobody should have to risk their health or families health to make them. Everyday we go in the risk of getting it is much higher. The whole factory should be sanitised everyday to kill all viruses that may be on a desk or door. It's not just people who are the problem the princess cruise ship was found to be riddled with the virus after nearly 3 weeks.

It is irrelevant that social distancing is now in place because the same number of people enter and exit the floor the virus could be on the hair nets, gowns, metal tables, plastic parts 50000 covid 19 virus can live on a pin head. So regardless if it gets in which I believe it already has we are all doomed. But let's not forget the study done on a town it Italy of 3000 people 1500 had the virus but displayed no symptoms which is reassuring it effects everyone differently.

We need to tone down attacking individuals on here especially managers, supervisors, hr reps etc it's not fair and not nice especially when you see the person the next day in work. These are issues that should be raised in work but people can't because it has been on here.

The problem with a union is the fees I was quoted €250 to join siptu I can do so much with that without making fat cats fatter. I don't want to attend a union meeting every time someone doesn't get insentive for being sick. I don't care enough about my fellow man but I would say if every operator joined I would consider it but the company has to recognise it otherwise its a waste of money. That's All Folks.!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have no right to down tools and they would sack everyone.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said, might amaze a small few people here making the dumbass personal remarks that they have a voice not only fingers to type! Valid comments made here being drowned out by attacking people.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe we are in the wrong line of work and it might just be the push needed to find another job

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would be great to change but with bills to pay and a recession coming you would be mad to change jobs.

Just stick with it I know it's tough up in Abbott but it's a job and in Abbott you are only a number. Use them as much as they use you.

A union is on the cards if people are willing to pay into it. They don't need that many people to join.

Look to next door in Boston. Supervisors were not happy when they started a union. Then when it did happen they all joined. Only 30 wanted to join and now they have almost three quarters of the factory.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Somebody please get the ball rolling I will join 100% please we need it now

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why don't you "get the ball rolling," follower?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are people willing to pay €5 pw to join union.

I know of people in the middle of setting one up

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great value to join an old-fashioned concept that has closed more businesses in the past 20 years than anything else. Everyone else leaving them so we’ll join up! Why not just stick up for ourselves?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I personally think a Union would be a great thing and know a lot of people in Abbott interested in joining, people are afraid to stand up for themselves and that has always been the the way, your life is made a misery if you do and you get nowhere in reviews etc because you will always be seen as the troublemaker.. Abbotts way is do what your told, keep your mouth shut and get on with it. Over the last couple of weeks it has been an absolute disgrace the way employees were treated there wasn't even a foot between employees in the clean room when this was brought to the attention of supervisors, managers we were told get on with it..we all have to go home to our families wondering have we contracted the virus today at work, sleepless nights and facing another day inside... So with the blatant disregard for employees we need some back up, let's do it and start a Union now...