Abbott Vascular Clonmel

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

fake news

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they cannot guarantee our safety they had all last week to give everyone on line a 2 metre social distance and they played dumb and ignored all the lifecycles and this week wont be any different its gonna be a slaughterhouse

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. Not fake news just saw the txt sent to all employees, Closing for the welfare of their staff and their families.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

obviously they care more about their employees that that cesspool next door

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i have contacted a union organiser, what i will be doing is starting a whats app group for anyone interested and am hoping to get numbers before tomorrow, we should not tolerate unsafe working conditions, strength in numbers, ill keep ye posted, stay indoors and stay safe

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi. I did the same. Waiting on a call tomorrow. No point in asking people who are on contract as abbott would just drop them.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look at the bigger picture here if the factory closes it will cost the government a million a week in wages just to cover it plus the government would have to pay a reimbursement to the factory for lost business. It would cost our country an absolute fortune. I want to be safe and protect my family and friends but I also want the government to buy ppe, ventilators, icu beds, hire more doctors and nurses etc. You can't rob Peter to pay Paul lads if 10 people get it 8 will be mild and 2 may end up in hospital. Its a sacrifice for the greater good we are all paying millions helping ireland through this difficult time. We need to stay afloat for the good of ireland. I understand alot of people would rather stay at home and do nothing but we have to do it. Ye should be proud of what ye do ye are more essential than the lazy office staff who get to work from home. Their jobs are not really relevant without operations. I'm sure everyone in abbott is on a good wage national average of about 800/850 per week. Ye guys make buckets of cash why would ye want to stay at home for very little. Most shop workers are on min wage so look just get on with it some of ye are paid more than nurses on the frontline. Ye should be embarrassed by that lads come on. Unions have closed every factory that came into clonmel don't be so naive the town needs abbott for the next 100 years.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amm we don't make 850 a week ?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obviously you don't work for Abbott. Every fortnight I don't even get €960
    They are very bad to pay. Over 10 years ago it was great and money went up with good reviews. Not any more. You have to be working over 10 years for the good money. People up there working part-time and taking home more than a full time worker that's working 2/3 years.
    Boston next door have a union a couple of years and it's going even stronger. Everyone is treated the same. No reviews that pitch people against each other.

Abbott will be closed at the end if week. Pressure will be put into them.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You obviously don’t work on a line!!! I have no problem going to work but the government guidelines are not being followed and our complaints are falling on deaf ears!!! It might be too late already we were way too close on the lines last week!!! What if your family caught it from an Abbott employee and died, you would change your tune then!!! They only care about profit not dead family members....

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can it be highlighted to a safety rep about the 2m distance and if not highlighted then take action urself??

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes your right I don't work for Abbott but am kinda shocked that a medical device company do not pay at least 800 per week. I do see ye all driving around in fancy cars so obviously your not short. If you compare wages to the rest of clonmel I'm sure operators in Abbott are the highest paid in town because everytime ye hire shopkeepers in town worry because all staff apply for position. Do you think you will be hiring again this year and what's the starting wage per week 650 would be the norm I would imagine. Do you think you would hire any new people while the pandemic is going on lots of people would be happy to help out for a few weeks since you guys don't want to do it. I would be happy to get 6 week contract and let go at end of it get a good reference off them aswell. Let me know on here will you. Thanks

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

650 average. Will u stop . Try 940 a fortnight. My God u don't want a job in there . Go to Boston scientific

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reason half of them drive around in flash cars is because of there man are selling drugs around the town, even some of them do be on drugs, if u tested some on a monday morning they would be in for a shock, im working there 6 years and drive a 2006 dont no where some get the money most borrow alot

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The drugs thing is true lots are dealing and growing on the side but also have other real legitimate businesses. I went to Xmas party night in the park and the amount of drug taking was very bad even by management but its part of life in Ireland now. We should really have random drug testing on site especially on a Monday morning. It's obvious lots of lads are off their heads in that place but nobody really cares tbh.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So has any body txted there supervisor too see wots guna happen with Boston closing?? Im good friends with a line lead and I txted him and he said more than likely we will close tomorrow as they now know there is serious pressure on them since Boston closed for 2 weeks.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure why you are on this page if you don't work there you have no idea how we are impacted by this issue. Stating everyone has flash cars just shows you either are someone who has no idea of this company or you are management. Boston are paying their employees while they are off and Abbot have stated they would do the same so we would not be robbing the Government or the health service. The reason we should close at this time is to keep our families safe and ourselves . Also to keep the pressure off the health service . There are a lot of families impacted here and a lot of worried people . Take care everyone keep the union on the agenda and us all informed .